SAU Community

Post Pics Of Your R33 Engine Bay!

Refer to the RB25 Cam Cover thread for more info, but it's going OK, a lot slower than I would have liked but thats out of my control.

Why was there problems with the cam gears and the plenum? My mechanic said he had dramas fitting the Inlet GReddy Cam Gear, so we kept it off. Although I'm not sure if it was realted to the NEO Spec Cams (1998 R33 40th Ann. Ed.) or not.

Refer to the RB25 tCam Cover thread for more info, but it's going OK, a lot slower than I would have liked but thats out of my control.

Why was there problems with the cam gears and the plenum? My mechanic said he had dramas fitting the Inlet GReddy Cam Gear, so we kept it off. Although I'm not sure if it was realted to the NEO Spec Cams (1998 R33 40th Ann. Ed.) or not.

LOL. CAN....NOT....CAM. Bloody thing is still giving me grief. We shortened the pipe connection on the throttle body to give us more room beside the can and now the extra wide tbolt clamp I am using wants to slide off the end. Might have to resort to the shitty wind up clamp and hope it holds. ;)

Whoops haha. Yeah well we are fitting the GReddy Plenum soon so I will have to make sure the piping is done before I get a Catch Tank made.

I wouldn't use a shitty wind up clamp on my car, but hey if that's all you can use then I guess your up shit creek.

Instead of creating a new thread and as it is relevant i thought i'd ask my question in here...

Is there any harm in giving your engine bay a wash/degrease or at least a squirt of water? mine is getting quite filthy but im just worried i might do some damage squirting water around...

Edited by Musky

I would watch your dizzy, but apart from that it should be OK. If you have the opportunity let it dry completely to avoid any damage to the electronics.

I prefer to use a rag and degreaser to get the best finish, as water doesn't always get the built up stuff and sometimes the pressure is too harsh for the paint.

Musky, should be ok to wash it. I used to do it heaps, what you need to look out for are:

- dont squirt too much water on the rocker cover, as it doesnt seal too good so getting water inside (on spark plugs) will cause u dramas.

- dont wet air filter if you have a POD not enclosed, for obvious reasons

and finally let it dry before turning it on... as psi parts said, for electronics reasons, and also because ur belts will be slippery and may cause annoying sounds lol....

other then that have fun making ur engine bay sparkle!!!!

here are some pics of my old r33, i spent about 4 weekends on it constantly alloy polishing. im almost finished detailing the engine bay in my current r34. post pics up when done.

post-1416-1186830308_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1186830337_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1186830373_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1186830404_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1186830426_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1186830450_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1186830468_thumb.jpg

Heres a pic of mine a bit dirty n not a very gd pic , will clean her up when she gets back from getting the intercooler put on :nyaanyaa:

post-29817-1186970339_thumb.jpg

Engine Covers, Airbox, Radiator, Intake Plenum Smoothed And Painted, Intake Pipes Smoothed And painted. Center Engine cover and Front cover painted in house of color Chameleon Paint

• 2 weeks later...

hey psi parts with the engine bay pics you got up where do you get the blue hoses for the bigger hoses like ones for on stock engine that is breather from doing both rocker covers hope that makes sense to you. also is there blue hosing you can get for your fuel line

thanx mate Mark

• 1 month later...

heres an update on mine, ive painted the fuse cover box, strut tops and cam covers in TV2 bayside blue (R34 colour) also got some blue silicone joiners and vacuum hose :turned:

post-14648-1193140867_thumb.jpg

post-14648-1193141713_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sambo33

• 3 months later...
hey psi parts with the engine bay pics you got up where do you get the blue hoses for the bigger hoses like ones for on stock engine that is breather from doing both rocker covers hope that makes sense to you. also is there blue hosing you can get for your fuel line

thanx mate Mark

Sorry for the extremely late reply (I have been overseas for 6 months). I can't say where the owner purchased the hosing from I'm sorry. I purchase all my hoses through Earls Australia. I believe they do have a hose that has a blue sheath that is suitable for fuel lines. My personal preference is for braided hosing.

I'm thinking about how I can make my engine bar look good at the moment, so this thread is very helpful!! I've always wanted an engine bay like that of the famous Commodores; the VC "CHU-88Y", and VP "SENATOR" (Now BROCK 05). My personal favourite is SENATOR, but both are incredibly smooth and perfect. Making a Skyline look like that would be very difficult though

here's a few and the one that lets me remember why i did it, cos one of my customers had a clean 33 and kept hanging shit on my bay even though mine was quicker, as u can tell he got to me, i guess i kinda lost the plot when i started going through magazines and shows and realising that everyone has polished turbos and rocker covers but no one has a polished master cylinder or wiper motor, hmm- something upstairs work good not

post-41652-1201618435_thumb.jpg

post-41652-1201618507_thumb.jpg

post-41652-1201619408_thumb.jpg

post-41652-1201619521_thumb.jpg

post-41652-1201619666_thumb.jpg