SAU Community

Post Pics Of Your R33 Engine Bay!

Mate, is ur engine illuminous? That looks sooooo cool!

Just a cover i made myself using cold cathodes and some lexan material. Added some 3D ( bubble graphics ) on top. Just wanted something different from the usual centre plaques for the GTR...Ibelieve a few others have now copied my design but im not bothered as i was the first..lol.... :domokun:

Just a cover i made myself using cold cathodes and some lexan material. Added some 3D ( bubble graphics ) on top. Just wanted something different from the usual centre plaques for the GTR...Ibelieve a few others have now copied my design but im not bothered as i was the first..lol.... :nyaanyaa:

ever thought of making them and selling them??? might know someone who would be interested in one... lol wink wink!

a pic of mine 33. not finished yet. When I rebuild the motor plan to paint it all crandy blue and polish all the alloy bits

post-42175-1205921776_thumb.jpg

post-42175-1205924398_thumb.jpg

post-42175-1205924451_thumb.jpg

Edited by HYPA33

man do u guys do all this urself?

are there any detailers in melbourne?

wish i had the time on my hands to even attempt this sorta stuff

Yes I did it mine self in my spare time

Well my car has just been on the road for a week, and i am very happy with the final result. :)

During Build:

post-1811-1206019317_thumb.jpg post-1811-1206019339_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1206019215_thumb.jpg post-1811-1206019240_thumb.jpg post-1811-1206019279_thumb.jpg

Finished Product:

post-1811-1206019876_thumb.jpg post-1811-1206019812_thumb.jpg post-1811-1206019830_thumb.jpg

The bay was done in that style and using those colours, to match my exterior:

post-1811-1206020422_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chris!

No probs in coping it either. In fact i'll give you some info on how it's constructed.

The shield is actually two halves. The front half (covering the turbine) is cut from a 6" aluminum tube, and is held on the turbo by a bracket that bolts onto the exhaust flange bolts. This cover also has two threaded tabs that allow the rear half (covering the dump pipe) to bolt on to. The rear half is made from sheet aluminum that has been shaped and cut to curve around the dump pipe.

Hi everybody! if you have done any detailing on your RB25 engine bay, could you please post up some pics? ive searched and found an abundance of RB26 engine bays but not many 25s. i need some ideas and inspirations!

im also thinking about pulling out the windscreen washer bottle. anyone done this before?

also whats the process with removing the device off the timing belt cover? what do you actually have to mark?

cheers

Sam

Mine now sits behind the front bar (inside the guard) with a tube coming through, into the engine bay: Refer to intake side pics, above.

I think the bottle is off a Honda Prelude or Accord.

Thanks Chris!

No probs in coping it either. In fact i'll give you some info on how it's constructed.

The shield is actually two halves. The front half (covering the turbine) is cut from a 6" aluminum tube, and is held on the turbo by a bracket that bolts onto the exhaust flange bolts. This cover also has two threaded tabs that allow the rear half (covering the dump pipe) to bolt on to. The rear half is made from sheet aluminum that has been shaped and cut to curve around the dump pipe.

i'd probably manually form the 6" pipe part - as its probably difficult/expensive to buy (especially that small quantity) - Cheers for the info though :)

Did you powdercoat or paint the black pieces - fuel rail, cas bracket, inlet cam gear, strut brace mounts?