SAU Community

V35 Modifications

Has anyone looked at supercharging their 35s? Vortech make a pretty cool bolt on kit to get you about 400HP at the engine - and its only $6k landed from the USA. Could be a bit of fun :yes: I believe it comes with timing and fuel computers or something. Perhaps we could do a group buy down to Aus?

JK

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered a turbo kit but my V35 is auto, so i thought a supercharger would be nice and fluent with the power delivery. Plus i have no intention on rebuilding the engine so about 8psi on a blower would do me fine?

JK

I have a HKS S/C kit on my car and I love it.

Nice and quiet (unlike the Vortec)

It only boosts 5 psi which is plenty if you want the engine to survive long term.

Gives more power everywhere.

Only 300hp to the the wheels which is enough for now.

Pre tune (about 270hp) ran the 1/4 at 13.7 with traction issues

Chris, You still owe me a drive with the new SC, then we can decide whether to put one on the Z :thumbsup:

Anytime mate

Be careful though you'll want one instead of the Zed :rofl:S

Whereabouts did you get your kit from? And did you fit it yourself? What ECU do you run, and who tuned it?

/101 Questions

JK

My kit came off a 350Z

Yes fitted myself

The kit comes with a F-Con pro piggyback computer and was tuned by XSpeed here in Perth

Not that I'm in a position to get one, but I found a while ago that the Greddy twin turbo kit was pretty much the best value of the lot.

Unless they've fixed it, the GReddy kit isn't a complete kit. I forget what parts you need to get on top, but when you spec it out it ends up being almost the same price as the APS. And I've read mixed reviews about it.

I've driven a 350Z that had the HKS supercharger, and then the HKS single turbo kit, and the turbo is far superior. While they both made the same peak power the ST feels a lot stronger, and is easier to crank up the power on.

I'm not a big fan of centrifugal superchargers, either.

When I run my 1:09 at Wakefield in street-legal NA tune, I'll probably investigate the HKS ST.

I've driven a 350Z that had the HKS supercharger, and then the HKS single turbo kit, and the turbo is far superior. While they both made the same peak power the ST feels a lot stronger, and is easier to crank up the power on.

Far superior?

I beg to differ

My V35 Supercharged versus a 350Z HKS ST on same dyno

Agreed easier to turn the wick up on the ST but at the risk of engine problems

post-98-1186052044_thumb.jpg

Just got my V yesterday and I reckon its got some bloody good poke in auto natro form. I really cant wait to charge it!. I definately think the Vortech kit looks the go but Im not sure what u need ECU wise for it. The HKS kits always impress me so i may lean that way. Any hidden surprises with yours mr R34?

Cheers

Jai

The HKS kits always impress me so i may lean that way. Any hidden surprises with yours mr R34?

Cheers

Jai

No but plenty of surprises for LS2's and STI's :laughing-smiley-014:

The HKS is pure stealth which is the way I wanted it ...Vortec's are very noisey

Nige, is that a photo of your engine bay?

Nah they wont sell me one because the say my wife will kill them and she would, I get a new car every 6 to 12 months so I don't like pumping big dollar into my cars now,

I am not to far off 230 rwhp and a few more big mods to do as I would like 240 to 250 rwhp in NA as they drive quite well, I will run any one I would in my EVO 8.