SAU Community

Gtr Rods For My Rb25

At the moment im looking to buy some rods for my RB25.

My power goal with my next turbo is around 280rwkw.

Just wondering if GTR rods out of a 34 would fit my engine?

I would be getting them shot peened and balanced.

After that would the rods be able to take the punishment or am i better off getting Eagle rods?

I just think the forged ones might be over kill.

Oh does that mean i have to get GTR spec pistons too?

CHEERS

The Eagle ones are $810.

I can get the GTR rods for $200

Tomei rod bolts for $150

And shot peening and balancing would be around the $200 mark????

The Eagle ones are $810.

I can get the GTR rods for $200

Tomei rod bolts for $150

And shot peening and balancing would be around the $200 mark????

Or you could just use GTR rods, no need for balancing(as long as you get a set), rod bolts or shotpeening for 280rwkw

(and you use rb25 pistons)

Edited by Adriano

Or you could just use GTR rods, no need for balancing(as long as you get a set), rod bolts or shotpeening for 280rwkw

(and you use rb25 pistons)

im using r33 gtr rods in my rb25, balancing is a MUST. such an important part of an engine build why skip it>? 1 of my rods was twisted and they were out of wieght from eachother by upto 5grams each, dont skip the balancing part, i didnt get mine shotpeened or nitrided but did get new arp rods bolts pressed in.. at the end of the day probably is best to go with after market rods depending on your goal with the car but if your anything like me you end up wanting more power so really decide wat u want car for n spend accordingly

for ~280rwkw is it really necessary?

if engine is apart then i think do asmuch as u can afford.. saves alot of headache later.... stock rods might handle 280kw but wat if the need for more power is felt and then this forged motor with stock rods are now hampering the potential?? seems like alot of wasted money pulling engine apart to fit rods when could have been done when engine was apart first time...:) my thoughts anyway

I hear there isnt much difference between RB25 and RB26 rods anyways... Shot peen ur 25 rods, balance the crank that shold be that part sorted. Forged pistons for an RB25 and it should be fine. If ppl can be making 230-240rwkw on stock internals (new here so dont if the figures r higher) then a bit of strengthening and balancing wont hurt.

Liam

26 rods are good for well into the upper 300rwkw range, some even into the 400rwkw.

An upgrade if you have the motor apar IMO when you can get a set for $150.

That way if you chase a bit more power later, your already setup for it