SAU Community

Lightened Flywheel Combos

I've got an ORC twin plate with a matched lightened flywheel on my R32GTR

Since I've had this, I've noticed that i get a low frequency vibration below 2000rpm in most gears except first.

Is the cause of this the reduced torque stored within the flywheel? Has anyone else experienced this vibration?

I'm pretty sure it's not motor related, as the motor doesn't breathe and makes good power.

cheers

i get that "gara gara" sound with my exedy flywheel and cushion button too.

yeah it sucks, sounds like a truck...

also the rattling plates when the clutch is in makes people think the car is broken...

also the rattling plates when the clutch is in makes people think the car is broken...

HAHA tell them to harden up :action-smiley-069:

Carbon ones are twice as noisey again...

as for the vibration it is just common NVH that is tuned out by nissan with stock components, which is just not possible in a performance application. S15 suffer this vibration the worst with any clutch upgrade.

tell me about it. im always clunking and rattling about when im at the drive throughs cause its just one of those situations where theres not enough distance to fully engage the clutch. mines just a cushion button, can imagine yours would be worse.

i solved the problem by growing a moustache and hardening the fu..k up!!. :(