SAU Community

Toyota's Answer To Nissan

Neither of you can comment on this matter cos none of you CLEARLY own a soarer, don't get offended by my views everyone else it's not ME that owns a soarer it's my MUM. I have a Cefiro. her soarer is the quickest car i've ever driven in, and it's better built, electricals and all.

killswitch:

weir-2055.finger.830713.jpg

RIGHT HERE BUDDY.

Edited by Mr Eps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, youve got it around the wrong way.

The GTR is Nissans answer to ANY other Japanese made car :D

'cept they get flogged by NSX's around most tracks :P

'cept they get flogged by NSX's around most tracks :D

I find that hard to believe. Especially since the GTR is AWD so would be much quicker around corners. Both would be 206kW factory limited. So the NSX must be astronomically light?

I hink hes onto something

i believe this is a huge conspiraqcy

the deawoo matiz is a DIRECT competitor to the suzuki swift

the HUMMER is only made to compete with the escalade

i cant think of any other reason for porsche to exist other than to fight with aston martin

all makes sense !

The TT Soarer weighs 1560kg, and an R33 GTST 1360kg, I think. So it's not 600kg heavier. In comparison to other 90s Japanese sports cars it is heavy, but in comparison to new cars on the market it's pretty light.

*generalisation alert* Toyota seem to make better engines, while Nissan makes sportier cars.

Edited by arbee20

Toyota wins hands down. Biggest selling car of all time = Toyota Corolla. Out of interest, what international motorsport is Nissan involved with? They didnt have a big run at world rally. F1 wasnt all that great. As much as you lot go on and on about the GTRs and bathurst, the only one they won the race was red flagged. Toyota has put in a bit more effort.

Thats Toyotas answer.

And yes I own a nissan cefiro.

youve never driven a mid engined car eh HotPlates?

No. I'm assuming this means a good 50/50 weight distribution? I've driven an S2000 if that's what you mean?

But in any case, AWD will always be better than RWD/FWD only.

No. I'm assuming this means a good 50/50 weight distribution? I've driven an S2000 if that's what you mean?

But in any case, AWD will always be better than RWD/FWD only.

Guess thats why F1 cars are RWD...

:laugh:

Not really that simple. TBH an NSX would be my choice over a GTR I think, but the GTR really was Nissan's answer to other cars rather than the other way round in my opinion - it was basically made to compete and destroy everything in Group A touring cars at the time.

To be honest, I dont think that Toyota has a direct competitor for the GTR, and I dont think Nissan has a direct competitor for the Supra/Soarer.

GTR = sports car to be primarily designed as a homoligation model for the race cars

Supra = big, americanised sports car

Soarer = land barge

Guess thats why F1 cars are RWD...

Ha! I knew someone would bring this up. :laugh: F1 cars are RWD because that is the standard and the teams have to stick to this specification. It's not like one team can all of a sudden say, "Hey you know what? We're going to change to AWD because we want to." I think the RWD in F1 is more in keeping with the tradition and let's be honest, it's more exciting as the cars screech off the line, do burnouts and can lose control more easily. It's all about ratings and sponsorship which = money. Simple.

'cept they get flogged by NSX's around most tracks ;)

:laugh: Thats Honda's answer to Ferrari :)

As for this topic....Not one makes a sports car that really thrills me...so

I am keeping my GTR33 and buying a GTR32 just to to go and beat all the Toyota's

on the track. :)

Hooray for the Skyline.. :laugh: ...Hip Hip Hooray,Hip Hip Hooray,Hip Hip Hooray,

can i keep it real for a tick?

i said it before, and i'll say it again

i really REALLY doubt that car manufacturers design and produce cars just as a one upmanship over another company

it's not like nissan think "SHIT toyota made the supra uleh what ever are we to do alleh?" (don't ask why nissan are well educated lebs, they just are, ok?)

at the saem rate i doubt toyota sit in a board room and conjure up ways they can combat a skyline... that's just DUMB.

this thread is DUMB. i want it closed. it makes me want to punch a cat.

Soarer FTL and look like arse.

Aristo FTW that looks pretty damn nice.

When shopping around for an import I test drove a few soarers. At the time it was slower than my VS 5ltr 5speed, handled worse and had absolutely no sporty feel. BUT that was coming from the VS that was kitted out with bilstein suspension, swaybars, cam ecu the works. So it didn't even have a lookin for my next car

The R32 was initially slower, but felt so much nicer to drive; Its handling was crisp, confidence inspiring and brakes fantastic.

+ My other half said soarers are ugly as. They look extremely dated. Worse so than a VN commodore. :yes:

Chasers are quicker than a R33 (GTS-T)

Soarers are slower.. Both the V* and the TT6

Soarers are better built though........

(and yes a have driven all three of the above..... not around a racetrack mind you, but ENOUGH to have an idea)

Oh and I would still own my R33 over a soarer or chaser any day :yes:

lol toyota's answer to nissan is to sell a shitload of cars and make a shitload of money.

Do you know Toyota sold more cars in Aus this year than Holden and Ford put together? Nissan of course is not even in the top 10.

No point making the best engineered cars if no-one buys them

i always think it's really funny to see how het up people get over this stuff

("holden's better than ford argument" anyone?)

maybe that's why this thread was started...