SAU Community

Gtr Turbo Or Gtst Hi-flow Turbo

I don't know all the ins and outs but the cheapest/easiest option would be high-flowing the gtst turbo and keeping it a single setup.

I remember seeing a similar post years ago question the convert to 2 turbos on the 2.5, the response was that you may as well change the whole engine to the 2.6L, and if you're gunna do that, may as well sell and then buy a GTR

someone on this forum converting his rb20det to twin gtr setup. has extreme amount of lag and consequently is selling it. iirc it was fullboost at 6k rpm.

way too much mucking around for something that doesnt pay off

remember you'll have to have a lot of custom exhaust and intercooler piping work done, then a lot of mucking around with expensive oil and water lines

highflow is closest thing to bolt in , a slide highflow maybe require slight modification to an oil line? (but i dont believe these are available anymore). gcg maybe 100% bolt in, someone would have to confirm, -but low lag lots of power.

edit: i was assuming you were wanting to change to a twinturbo setup, i have no idea about using only one gtr turbo :sleep:

Edited by InterCooL

2 gtr turbos is not bad on a 25, i have the adaptor plates and parts to do it but the problem is running the engine with 2 afm. i am tossing up between this setup (which came from an rb20dett) and a hks gtrs. 2 totally different choices.

I'm just thinking of hi-flowing the GtsT turbo.

a single turbo.

so i guess it is more applicable and easier and cheaper to hi-flow my gtst turbo at the same time gaining more hp than GTR turbos?

correct me if i'm wrong. >_<

GCG - around 1900 (ball bearing)

bush bearing - 1200ish (some guy in sydney does them, forget his name, look up the member QURIOS or something similar)

they wont take your compressor wheel either.

there is alot more into it than just that.

they'll take your housings and bore them out. their hiflow housings dont just require a bigger wheel, and their whole cartridges come pretty much complete anyway and thats where 90% of the cost is.

you need to have a cartridge to support the shaft that will be spinning 150-200% faster at full song.

Edited by SECUR1TY

1 is brand new the other is machined old parts, common sense would say that the new one is the better option.

the only 'old' parts are the exhaust and compressor housings which get acid dipped anyway. everything else in a hiflow is brand spanking new.

the only 'old' parts are the exhaust and compressor housings which get acid dipped anyway. everything else in a hiflow is brand spanking new.

thanks for saying exactly what i just said but in a different way which meant the same thing..

thanks for saying exactly what i just said but in a different way which meant the same thing..

do you forget saying 'the new one is the better option'?, implying that a hiflow is not new, and not a better option.

choose your wording carefully.