SAU Community

Undercover Police

long33

As stated before the police do not have Skylines etc as undercover cars. They can and only have australian delivered vehicles which are purchased new ie Fords(Falcons, Typhoons, Xr6 Turbos), Commodores(S packs, SS's, Crewmans and those variations), 380's, Aurions, Hilux's, Landcruisers(speed cameras) Wrx's were purchased previously but are no longer around.

For the guy who got a speeding ticket from an off duty officer in his own car you should have fought it as they cannot give you a speeding ticket as police vehicles need to ;

Have the speedo tested/caliabrated for accuracy every 3 months,

Has to be an approved speedo(Some have digital display and gauge display the calabration covers only one of them).

They can/could issue tickets whilst off duty for other things but should proceed by way of a traffic breach(Goes to their adjudication and they send out a fine or summons).

If you are pulled over by an unmarked police unit just leave your window 90 % up and if they are not wearing full uniform, ask for id.

Generally traffic police will wear full uniform but will be in an unmarked car. If you fail to pull over you will be given a $450 ticket or a notice to appear in court depending on how the officer feels.

Unless you are a female at 2am in the middle of the sticks good luck trying to talk your way out of not pulling over.

AS STATED THE POLICE CARS ARE NEW OR NEWISH AS THEY ARE REPLACED AFTER THEY CLOCK UP 80,O00 K'S OR LESS.

IF YOU ARE BEING PULLED OVER BY AN UNMARKED HOLDEN CAMIRA THE CHANCES ARE THAT IT IS NOT A POLICE CAR.

USE YOUR RARE SENSE. I say rare sense because it appears common sense is not so common these days.

i understand what ur sayin Imtorqing. i think this type of thing has turned into a bit of an urban legend.

its usually., a friend of a friend's cousin had this happen to him.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually there was a holden ute getting around that definently wasn't bought new by the police, but was being used by there hoon squad on thursday nights to come out and see what was going on, there was also a honda accord euro spec doing the same, but this was the current year model so it could have been bought new...

Imtorqing, thanks man thats great info. if you don't mind can i ask how you are privy to that info? like is it freely avail on the web or are you an industry person?

Industry person :P

actually there was a holden ute getting around that definently wasn't bought new by the police, but was being used by there hoon squad on thursday nights to come out and see what was going on, there was also a honda accord euro spec doing the same, but this was the current year model so it could have been bought new...

Yeh, I left out the odd Honda Accord and Civic and they previously had used a Magna VRX.

:( thanks mate.

my mate got done by that SS Ute, they pretty much bent him over the bonnet and shoved the rego plate sideways into his ass. on the plus side i got to drive a very nice XB hard top home

• 4 weeks later...
lol cause GTiRs are quicker that gtst

QUOTE(KnoTT @ 26 Sep 2007, 07:56 AM) *

No point racing from the lights, your all slow tongue.gif

loool

i havent been here long but that one is comin from sum1 whose been a member for what? a month? lol

Edited by RusH_

QUOTE(KnoTT @ 26 Sep 2007, 07:56 AM) *

No point racing from the lights, your all slow tongue.gif

loool

i havent been here long but that one is comin from sum1 whose been a member for what? a month? lol

lol but his reason is justifiable.. he owns a mini godzilla.. its just slightly under a GTR and pulls 2 seconds slower on tskuba than a VSpec2 BNR32.