SAU Community

2008 Nissan Gtr Pricing

Honestly though, looking at what some people in USA did with some of the cars over the years...im afraid for GTRs reputation...

If i see a GTR with 22" blings and airbags... ill stab sum1 in the eye with a toothpick.

Having a V35, I've been on the US forums for a while and can tell you that the VAST majority of people really dislike the "bling" factor when it comes to their cars. In fact most people with V35's/G35's go for either a minimalist classy looking car, or a track looking car. Yes there definatley is still more bling than here, but not as bad some think. Especially in the G35/350z scene.

for e.g cheapo chrome wheels are really really frowned upon. Most G35/350z's have wheels, that with tyres would set you back over $5k here. Rays/Volks and Works are the most common, mainly in 19' with some massive dish. Very nice looking. And nearly always, the weight of the wheels in an important factor when buying, which is why forged is always the go over there.

The good part is that the volume of cars other there also means parts are much cheaper in the long run. e.g - I got my Tein springs for $300 Australian delivered from the US. To buy them here was around $600, and over $500 from Japan.

Personally I think the GTR going global is a good thing.

Regardless of where they sell it you will always have people who put crap on a nice car. Some of the mods i see on R32/33/34's make me wanna cry. Think annodised wipers :laughing-smiley-014:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under $100k would get the ball rolling for Nissan. Anything over $100k and people will start to question whether a Nissan is worth that much. It's a psychology thing.

But having said this, the Z32 300ZX sold for $100k+ ($110k?) in Australia. Although not sold in huge volumes, people were prepared to buy a Nissan that wasn't powerful (only NA models were sold in Australia) but for the time was one of the best looking cars around.

A lot of suits buy Porsche's for the wank "look at me" factor. Whereas the GTR will not hold that same prestige or image (It's not as elegant looking as the Porka). The GTR is a true performance car for the performance freak (who can afford one). I'd say most bought will be track raced by the owners. I can't wait to see one perform at the Targa Tasmania! :)

Hi everyone.

As no one as mentioned it. If you convert the Japanese price to Aussie dollars then yeah, you get that pricing. However, you then have to bring the car over here, if it is sold new through Nissan, it WILL attract a luxury car tax, along with other taxes, import duties etc. Then rego, insurance... Thats going to be an interesting one...

So the chances of actually getting one for that price, goooooood luck is what I say.

That and it isnt a 997 turbo killer. Lets not start that argment again. But they are different cars, aimed at a different market. I personally would say this is more BMW M3 competition. Which btw, pricing was released today, $157k.

Thing is you can justify $160k on a BMW. Where as on a Nissan, thats a fair struggle, if you in real life had the readies to by a car of that money, would you REALLY buy the Datto?

If they market the shit out of it i think they could achieve a decent amount of sales. Need to get the public to look beyond the Nissan badge, as many people who can afford this type of car know nothing of the Nissan history of the GTR's (performance etc).

The look of the car being pretty different to anything else that is available on the market will also help greatly, as the target market always like driving something that no one else has seen/owns.. wank factor will be a big selling point.