SAU Community

2008 Gtr

R32zilla

Everyone,

If you are seriously considering one of these, and you have the money, go to your NISSAN dealer and sign up. They are taking expressions of SERIOUS interest.

One dealer per state will be appointed. A few applications have already been lodged with WANNEROO NISSAN.

I have been told that there will be one model only of GTR to be sold in Australia.

Edited by R32zilla

Latest news suggests allowing 120K and a specificiation specifically for Australia.

In talking to them, this would mean the car is configured to appeal to the broadest market and also there would be only one model type being brought in.

Latest news suggests allowing 120K and a specificiation specifically for Australia.

In talking to them, this would mean the car is configured to appeal to the broadest market and also there would be only one model type being brought in.

Hmm, do you just go in & ask for the poverty pack version, or is it a case of taking whatever they will give you?

i hope to hell Nissan only bring them in in restricted volumes (ie RAWS/SEVS friendly at a later date)

Hmm, do you just go in & ask for the poverty pack version, or is it a case of taking whatever they will give you?

i hope to hell Nissan only bring them in in restricted volumes (ie RAWS/SEVS friendly at a later date)

I think what they are trying to say is that they will choose the specification of the car - ie. 4 spot vs 6 spot brembos, 7spd auto and 6 speed manual (probably both), 480bhp version v530bhp version, carbon panels vs no carbon panels.

My feeling is that smoewhere in the middle would be the most appealing...i.e similar to a vspec. I dont know that the base model would be too appealing. *imagines steel wheels, and vinyl interior* :P

I was in Claremont yesterday and spotted TWO DB9's.. one convertible and one hardtop.. rich khants!

I start a sweet new job on Monday that pays a fair bit of coin but I think I'll have to wait till they start appearing on the used car market before I get a new GTR O_o

ha - by the time i get my hands on a gtr (it prob will be a r32 :nyaanyaa: ) the 2008 gtr's will then be on the used car market....

530bhp version would the the highest output from a commercially sold car in australia wouldnt it? (395kw)

(i realise that there are higher output cars, but they are usually private imports)