SAU Community

V35 Skyline Premium Vs Non Premium

MFC05

coz i spoke to other V35 owners, they did not have a oil cooler

350GT?? (VQ35)?

I don't think the VQ30 or VQ25 have them (300gt or 250gt), but according to the FSM, the VQ35 should have it.

ok.. that's weird.. even the VQ35 in the maxima and Murano have an oil cooler. I didn't think there was a VQ35 in any car without an oil cooler..

Maybe it was a option, I thought it could be a trans cooler. I was told that it was part radiator.

I doubt it would have been an option..

A transmission cooler is totally separate, it is only on auto transmissions and uses the bottom of the radiator.

The oil cooler is were the oil filter screws on and uses coolant to and from the engine block to cool the oil, so there is no hoses to the front of the car and no 'radiator' looking devices.

• 9 months later...

I read on Nissan's spec sheet that the "Reverse Pack" includes both reverse camera and automatic mirrors (point down when you reverse). I have the mirrors but not camera, anyone else have this? There is a button for it underneath where the VDC button is.

I think the 'automatic mirrors' come with the security system.

My Sedan has the factory alarm and it has the automatic mirrors, but does not have a reverse camera.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I am thinking of buying this nissan V35 premium 2003. I have a question regarding the front passenger seat. When I folded the seat forward, i expected the seat to also 'automatically' move forward to allow the person enter the rear seats area. However, that didnt happen and I had to keep pressing the power seat movement button myself to move the seat forward once it was folded. Is this normal or Premium or sth is wrong with the passenger seat power? Please note that the passenger seat does move when i press the power button back and forth. But it just doesnt 'automatically' start moving forward once the seat is folded, which I had seen happen on a few 70th anniversary V35s. Any information on that would really appreciated. Cheers!

I have the 04' premium and folding the seat forward usually causes it to move forward on its own but sometimes it doesnt. Not sure what the cause is but I do have some strange passenger side issues for a few electrical things like the mirror, lock accuator. Have you tried using the latch thing on the back of the seat?

I have the 04' premium and folding the seat forward usually causes it to move forward on its own but sometimes it doesnt. Not sure what the cause is but I do have some strange passenger side issues for a few electrical things like the mirror, lock accuator. Have you tried using the latch thing on the back of the seat?

From what I have noticed it will only pull forward on its own if the passenger door is also open. If I have the door closed it will never move automatically

Wingnut0021>> Yes I have pulled the latch at the back of the front passenger seat. The seat only folded but didnt move forward.

Damangm>> Thats actually a very good suggestion. I need to ask the dealer to try it. It only makes sense for the seat only to move forward automatically, only if the passenger door is open.

I haven't got the car yet. It is being complianced and detailed at Top secret imprts. Thanks for your responses guys!

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I've written up a list of Premium and Non-Premium standard features on my V35 Skyline blog - including a list of optional features available from the factory / dealer for both V35 Skyline specs.

Please let me know if it helps, as I've spent countless hours browsing Japanese websites to check (and double check) that the information I've listed is correct...

There are so many definition's as to what a "Premium" V35 Skyline includes and doesn't include posted on the internet, that I wanted to confirm this info once and for all :)

If by chance I have made a mistake, please pm me and I'll fix it!

http://v35skyline.com/2014/05/10/06-speaking-of-premiums/

Edited by Toras

items are different for Sedans too. all 350GT sedans are 'Premium', but many don't come with Bose, and the VLSD is standard on the CVT model too.

I just use the link to the Nissan Japan webpage further back in this thread when I want to check what is and isn't 'premium' and what is an option.

My sedan also has fold down mirrors (which comes with the security option), but doesn't have a reverse camera.

I also have a catalogue at home that lists all the dealer options for the V35.. there is some weird stuff in there!!

EDIT - this one - http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhistory.nissan.co.jp%2FSKYLINE%2FV35%2F0411%2FGRADE%2Fmain6.html&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

Edited by sonicii

items are different for Sedans too. all 350GT sedans are 'Premium', but many don't come with Bose, and the VLSD is standard on the CVT model too.

I just use the link to the Nissan Japan webpage further back in this thread when I want to check what is and isn't 'premium' and what is an option.

My sedan also has fold down mirrors (which comes with the security option), but doesn't have a reverse camera.

I also have a catalogue at home that lists all the dealer options for the V35.. there is some weird stuff in there!!

EDIT - this one - http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhistory.nissan.co.jp%2FSKYLINE%2FV35%2F0411%2FGRADE%2Fmain6.html&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

Correct, I forgot to mention that my list refers to V35 Skyline Coupe's only...