SAU Community

Have a look at my race GTR R33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kabab

Seen the size of that turbo :) its sure gonna be laggy but it has a few things on its side like the close ratio gear box strengthend motor which would probably rev 9,000-10,000rpm and probably some very aggresive cams.

But the lag not so much of an issue as long as the turbo doesn't drop off boost between gear changes and has a decent size power band then its all good just can't miss to many gears :D

Say if that car came on strong at 6K and rev'd to 10K then your going to have 4,000rpm of terror to play with ;) even most stock skylines (gtst's) don't have a power band that large.

probably even faster than that cause the exhaust housing is relatively small so its gonna spool up quicker with less top end than what a drag car would.

Exhuast housing small ??? that turbo is rated at 1000 - 1300hp man the exhuast housing would be big enough to suck up kittens and other small animals from the pavement.

I guess grms can tell us when that baby spools up ;)

Originally posted by T0nyGTSt

This thing would cane the hell out of stokell and richards and all the other nations cup drivers.

No wonder they wanted to ban this!

T.

was this banned from Nations Cup? what's with banning GTR's! ;) What cars do stokell and richards drive? Is richards in a Porsche?

So would this car be able to take down the Bowes Ferrari's, and Lambo's?

Oh yeah, any guesses at full boost 5000rpm? 4000rpm? 0 - 100km times? Just that all the modification explanations are a little over my head so i need some basic joe bloe facts :D

cheers.

Paul Stokell drives the Diablo GTR, Richards has the Porsche GT3 R and no longer with my category (I am Technical Commissioner for nations cup) Jim is with Carrerra Cup, last time hi drive with NC on Clipsal 500

Great car, I think that's the tuffest GTR I have ever seen...and I've sat in the Gibson GTR!

grms, what exactly is the class you are running, as in what races will your GTR being in?

Big big shame re too much bullshit to get into Nations Cup. Can you run in the Bathurst 24H under a particular class?

Cheers,

Freebaggin.

I Race in Sports Cars category.

This car can run in Bathurst 24hr - as Invited Category – Potential Bathurst 24hr winner.

Due to my involvement with Procar - Nations Cup category I am not allow to race there.

(it will be conflict of interest)

My car will be available for lease for that particular race.

Serious offer considered.

post to:

George Ross

GRMS

P.O. Box 302

Albany Creek Qld 4035

ps:

Freebaggin.

You say:

(Big big shame re too much bullshit to get into Nations Cup.)

I agree - due to parity adjustment to some race cars it is difficult to be fast in Nations Cup Championship, but Bathurst 24hr is not a problem because it is Special Event and not as a part of Championship.

grms, mate that is great, I hope you get some serious offers for 24hr event as I am going to the race again this year.

Never seen Sport Cars on TV, must have missed it, I assume not the same as Sports Sedans.

grms if you don't mind i like to ask a few questions regarding you're build of the car.

i'm suprised you still using the standard intake plenum, is it still using the factory (six) throtle bodies or are you going to replace it with a large single.

with you using the factory head gasket do you mean as in thickness or the actual (material based) gasket.

are you thinking of using 'oil coolers' for the transmission and diff.

with reagrds to you're torque split controller have you replaced the front diff or cv joints to larger unit/s

with you deciding to go for the 1500hp sx fuel pump would you be putting in an extra one as backup if it fails.

the custom 12 litre oil sump and baffle do you make that in house as i'm interested in buying one for myself and is it a bolt on or do you 'modify' the standard oil sump.

otherwise you have some serious gear in it at the moment and good to see a gtr built for track work. hope all goes well for you.

Sports Cars are occasionally on Speed Week (SBS) Not much exposure there but better then nothing.

Cars coming from all over Australia (Vipers, Lotuse's, Porshe's Cobras etc...)

fattdex

You say:

the cops'll be on to you for canaries soon, posting your mods on the internet like that :-)

this is a race car d fattdex, (it is not a registered car, we are using transporter to go to race meeting)