SAU Community

Cops Hassling You About Your Bov?

cheez

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im stayin out of the arguments, i just made the pipe join to hide my bov and wanted peoples opinion on how it looked.

It looks alright, but 'some' cops aren't stupid. One tweak of the throttle cable and they'll hear the BOV go off in the guard. So you'll probably need a block off solenoid running to the vac line for atmo BOV so you can disable it in cabin.

Won't give you any performance gains, I don't see the point.

Edited by BAMR33

You only need to be heard driving on the street and have it go off and you're busted.

They don't even NEED you to pop the hood.

Then when you go for blueslip time, you get hit with EVERYTHING! (Oh, and blueslippers go underneath the car and would see it)

its so u can hide your aftermarket bov while maintaining a stock looking engine bay with standard bov still in its original location.

Still wont pass the EPA

So i dont see much point to it when it still wont get you past legalities wise.

When the officer 'hears' the BOV, and you get defected for it... the EPA will go hunting for it... as already stated, they dont even need to see under the bonnet to report you :D

nice bit of inginuity, saves ya paying to make something custom up, n if ya want n ATMO BOV good, ur car do as u wish, hold ya head up high, and dont worry about wot the whingers and cheque book racers have to say....

Have to agree.

The Police officer will hear, and deduce that this is easy pickings for a defect slip.

Can you disguise it by placing pipe over the outside of the valve, and then routing it to somewhere where it can vent without shouting ATTENTION "Give me a defect slip"?

I was out and about last weekend, and the amount of BOV's I heard was incredible, and the cops were picking them off like flies.

IMO, ...if you give the law an excuse to pull you over, then they will do... it all makes good law enforcement logic... get the ones that stand-out first, 'cos it's a safe bet that they are less than standard.

I am not entirely familiar with the full scope of the law here as yet, but most authorities need a reason the pull you, as opposed to pure "victimisation". After all, their job is to make the best of an awkward job, without being seemingly too heavy handed.

BUT !!!, If that's how you want to customise your ride, then go for it, enjoy the pleasures mate. It's all part of individuality, which is commendable. It's what makes us human. Good on yer.

IMO..!!, sorry, had to chip-in here.

dude honestly I can see where your coming from right..But I really dont think its a good idea. Moving blowoff valves to other locations tends to make them louder as engine and intake can tend to muffle the air blowing sound a tiny bit. But by moving blow off valves under front bars and guards etc its gonna get real loud...Cops wont even waste there time looking for it. They will just defect it straight away, then you gotta go over the pits...not good...Last thing you need is unwanted attention

in melb it isnt to hard to pass vic roads. if its welll hidden its ok. and secondly after some searching and talking to some people i know, im gonna run a relay on the vaccum line of the 2 bovs so i can switch between them. sounds good in theory but we'll see soon once i put it into practise.

if i get pulled over, stock bov, rev no issue. same at epa. when just crusing around, go atmo

i cant understand why people criticise????? i really dont understand why u feel like u need to comment about someones taste or choices???

i mean what if i said i dont like ur car? and that i think ur choice in turbo or computer is crap because i have a diff setup???? does that make me right and you wrong? does it mean im cool for having a cool BOV and ur a dick coz u dont???

man thats so sad... really if u dont like it and u get upset coz other people have this and it pisses u off, then just ignore it or piss off!!!

Not everyones tastes are the same and everyone has their own style and mod list for their car...

PS: i dont like ur rims they look like shit!!!!

this is a joke well your on a public forum so u will get criticised when u post wether u like it or not ....

why else would u post it...feedback!

if u dont want to get criticise DONT POST!.... is that too much too handle..this is called freedom of speech.

geez your going to tell people what to write now!... how about u have a cup of SHUT THE F U C K UP!

cheers and have a gud day!

Edited by infected flow

ok no worries. So you're running an ecu with a map sensor that pushing over 350rwkw and more than 20psi of boost and has a massive turbo that requires such a blowoff valve?

Refer to my point above.

Either that, or you have needs to be a dickhead, and attract unwanted attention of the cops, and have them hate us skyline owners more?

Its just pure f**king wank, no more. As I have said in many other ATMO BOV thread trolling, if you have a MAF and put a ATMO BOV on then you obviously want your car to run like shit, and think that girls get wet as soon as they hear it and will try and get into your car and get your fly down.

I think its just as bad as all of these people deliberately trying to make their car "dose"

The only thing that I will approve, is a nice big whistle if a turbo drawing in some air through a windowed compressor cover, ready to lay some rubber.

All the rest is just un-needed wank shit, unless you are pushing big power and the stock parts can't handle it anymore.

I'm running 300rwkw, with a stock plumbed back BOV, and it doesn't leak. Works perfectly.

I have an idea, how about you post pics of your car, and the rest of us will critique it and tell you how shit it is.

Sounds fair right?

Give the guy a break - If you don't like how is has modified his car, keep your trap shut.

sounds good in theory

so did communism.

the bov will leak if there is no vacuum on top of it.

but load under it.

I think your stupid for doing this.

HOWEVER, I do admire your drive to get something working.. even if it has NO benefit what so ever.

I have an idea, how about you post pics of your car, and the rest of us will critique it and tell you how shit it is.

Sounds fair right?

Give the guy a break - If you don't like how is has modified his car, keep your trap shut.

Ditto to that...the guy made an effort to hide an atmo BOV and was posting up the results...why have a go at him?

Sounds fair right?

hahaha hey how about i give him and u a kit kat!

Uhhh I really dont see the point at all?

If you arent getting rid of the stock BOV (eg custom piping), why block it up?

And if you still for some weird reason need to mount a BOV somewhere else, and youve mocked it up with a stock one which fits perfectly...

Forgive me for perhaps pointing out the bleedingly obvious option here... Uhhh why dont you just mount the stock one there?

And why are you bothering to plumb back your illegal one? Whats the point?

Sorry mate I just dont see any sense whatsoever in what you are doing.

You do realise that an atmospheric venting BOV will f**k around with the AFMs ability to accurately gauge the engines air intake, which in practice results in backfiring, stalling, excess fuel use... (ie all are bad things?)

You are wasting your time :D

Dude,he's not plumbing it back in...

He has one, working, vent to atmosphere BOV hidden under his front bar to make noise for his own personal enjoyment, or whatever reason he wants...

He has another non-working, aka 'dummy' BOV, which looks standard and is mounted in the standard position, which he hopes to fool police if in the event he gets pulled over...

i don't think police are gonna fall for it personally, but hey at least he's being creative... :D

Uhhh I really dont see the point at all?

If you arent getting rid of the stock BOV (eg custom piping), why block it up?

And if you still for some weird reason need to mount a BOV somewhere else, and youve mocked it up with a stock one which fits perfectly...

Forgive me for perhaps pointing out the bleedingly obvious option here... Uhhh why dont you just mount the stock one there?

And why are you bothering to plumb back your illegal one? Whats the point?

Sorry mate I just dont see any sense whatsoever in what you are doing.

You do realise that an atmospheric venting BOV will f**k around with the AFMs ability to accurately gauge the engines air intake, which in practice results in backfiring, stalling, excess fuel use... (ie all are bad things?)

You are wasting your time :dry:

mate your language and attitude are not appreciated. i have been following some of your posts recently and you appear to be a sour angry person. people post on this forum to learn things, it can be really offsetting if a newbie is being verbally abused by some guy that sits home all day talking about cars.

and also, because u have reached 300kw doesnt guve u the right to talk down to us. come down off your pedestule. we dont give a shit about your car.

:P

REFRAIN FROM USING SUCH LANGUAGE IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE TRYING TO RECRUIT NEW MEMBERS NOT SCARE THEM AWAY

if i had the power i would ban u right now. you have been nothing but a fag, and bully to new members. f**k U

Edited by r33cruiser

mate your language and attitude are not appreciated. i have been following some of your posts recently and you appear to be a sour angry person. people post on this forum to learn things, it can be really offsetting if a newbie is being verbally abused by some guy that sits home all day talking about cars.

and also, because u have reached 300kw doesnt guve u the right to talk down to us. come down off your pedestule. we dont give a shit about your car.

:P

REFRAIN FROM USING SUCH LANGUAGE IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE TRYING TO RECRUIT NEW MEMBERS NOT SCARE THEM AWAY

I never thought I was any better than anyone else just because I had 300rwkw. I never mentioned it in this thread so why bring it up? I was only expressing my concern on someone installing something that makes the cops hate us more.

I also don't care if you don't give a shit about my car.

P.S - Learn how to spell, and add a few more of those animations to your sig - as there isn't enough there already.