SAU Community

Imports & Police

DiNoBoNeS

I was out last night just driving and what not and i saw a police car (big whoop i know) but the thing is it was a WRX police car are wa police buying imports? Some one told me as well that Nsw police drive Skylines just want to know is it true about nsw has any one seen the wrx police car in wa or do i need to get me eyes looked at. LOL

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive heard this rumour but never seen it myself. I want pictures!!! :nyaanyaa:

NSW trialed WRX about 10 years ago but stopped using them as they kept crashing during pursuit LOL NSW Police deemed them "unsuitable" for the task they were used for. :D

AFP_KYM_Wrx_003.jpg

There are no marked police skyline vehicles, but they have been known to use impunded import vehicles to insight street races then arrest the people who join in...

And yes, that's true... they also blew a lot of the turbos...

ha ha i would doubt that very much. Such issues as damages, legal liabilty, insurances etc. Also, legally they are not alowed to encourage you to do something then arrest/charge/fine you for it. If they do, charges will be dropped in court and the police in question will be repremanded etc. Also, what data would they have top proove anything? I cant imagine they would spend a day wiring in all there computers, speed loggers etc into an impounded car.

I suspect its an urban myth. Just my thoughts.

actually brad, entrapment isnt illegal in WA, they can start a race for all the judge cares, if you join in, your fault.

WRX's arent imports either, but the WA police have started using them

actually brad, entrapment isnt illegal in WA, they can start a race for all the judge cares, if you join in, your fault.

WRX's arent imports either, but the WA police have started using them

Although Australia has no entrapment laws, a court may rule on the reliability of material gained through undercover operations if there is evidence that a defendant has been incited or induced to commit a crime.

Seen a bright orange XR6 Turbo used as a cop car to pull someone over on the freeway a while back.. had big chrome wheels on it lol.

There were 2 cops in uniform but who knows, maybe they were off duty in one of their own cars and pulled someone over anyway..

I once had an undercover "encouraging" me to race on the fwy, I guess you just have to be able to recognise their cars and have the sense not to join in. For the most they do stand out as unmarked police, hehe. I also heard last year that they were using Magnas? anyone know about this? are they still using them?

There is a WRX police car in Perth.

It's been spotted several times, usually giving it shit for no apparent reason.

Also, a XR6T with Mandurah plates has enticed people into runs, then promptly pulled them over. I've witnessed that with my own eyes.

I've seen this marked WRX car, have a photo on my phone along with the P plate squad car, will upload it sometime :D

Also seen several marked Highway Patrol XR6T's, haven't seen an unmarked one though.

Did hear of a rumour about an undercover magna that was enticing people to race..

was something i read a while ago, they were looking at gettin wrx's and turbo diesel astra's aswell. seen unmarked SS and XR6 Turbo's tho, drove around with a couple of cruises trying to catch ppl out.

we get a few xr6t marked highway cars down bunbury way all the time. especially on long weekends they must cruise down for the hell of it. and there was a wrx unmarked police car down here a few years back. was blue and used to entice all the known hoons into racing then bust them

Seen a bright orange XR6 Turbo used as a cop car to pull someone over on the freeway a while back.. had big chrome wheels on it lol.

There were 2 cops in uniform but who knows, maybe they were off duty in one of their own cars and pulled someone over anyway..

Was it pulling over an r32 4 door? NUmber plates ICUFLY?

need i re-iterate now how much i really hate the WAPD.

get a life you morons. i could do the whole "go stop some real crime"

i've ehard these rumours enough to believe them.

and i will say they aren't even stopping "fake" crime anymore, this is CREATING crime.

wankers.

sort of off topic but today i was in canningvale at the set of lights waiting to turn right onto nicolson road away form the livingston shops.

i was at the front of the row and accross form me there was a marked police bike with full uniform on etc waiting to go straight on.

Anyway, when his light went green the cop took off and did a wheelie accross nearly the entire intersection.

It wasnt high, maybe 15cm's of the ground but seeing a cop do one accross an intersection just made my jaw drop.

perhaps not all cops are what we make them out to be and have a bit of hoon at heart..