SAU Community

Autosalon Semi Final 07

R31Nismoid

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone take pics of anything else other than the sau cars :)

There wasnt a 'lot' there IMO.

S15's seem to be the latest car of choice, there were heaps of them there this year and lots of Jap/Euro cars, not a lot of Aussie made cars like past years (VLs/Blown commo's etc etc)

Its a lot of the same cars/same people now and has been for the past 3 years.

There were some good new cars around without a doubt, all the big $$$ show cars are generally different every year.

But its more the mid-level cars (which there are heaps of) that is exactly the same since '04.

One car won best wheel innovation or something, but he's had the same wheels on the car for 2-3 years now, and won that award a few times i think.

Bit silly as its hardly 'innovative' if its the same as last time :P

Thats just my thoughts anyhow. There was still enough new/fresh stuff to keep me happy!

the theme was road works. The whole display had black plastic laid over the floor. There was some white tape applied to simulate a road. There was speed humps, witches hats and other assorted road signs around the display.

wow cheers man, nice picture of my car there!

Do you have a bigger version? :wave:

Yeah, but not exactly sure which GTS4?

Let me know and I will do a page like KJ's with full size on www.Nissan-Skyline-Turbo.com

You guys did an awesome job with the club stand :)

I had just enough spare time to spend the saturday afternoon at 'chatau de skyline' and I had a fantastic time!

Wasn't too interested in the rest of the rice around, come to think of it, the quality of the cars there were pretty average, but the quality of the promo ladies (inc those saucy SAU ones :wave: ) was fantastic!

Overall I give the day 4.5 stars out of 5 with SAU present, if SAU weren't there, it would be more like 2 out of 5 stars :laugh:

Special mention goes out to the Allure girls too - great stand.

First Autosalon I actually enjoyed.

I would say Friday night was the best.

So who actually won the club display?

Conrates 2 Allure!

We (melbs15.com) won best club performance! None of us dont know what that was judged on? But were happy! :wave:

post-30752-1194912636_thumb.jpg

*shitty 1mg phone picture*

Hi guys,

I am one on the Autosalon event crew....the guy with the ponytail, who was guiding cars to and from the dyno.

Anyway, great show and good spot SAU got as well. But for the red r32 and silver r33 or r32 to park horizontal....hmm..I reckon should have parked on an angle even though many other people do that as well. Horizontal is good but you don't get to get a good look at the front as well. The Red r32 had no problem there...just the silver one.

And SAU did pretty good on the dyno as well. Spewing i didn't film them. Hard to take photos and work at the same time. The only photos I took were before and after the show when it was closed to the public.

The only video i did get was the RH9's GTR r34 clocking at 724.8kw on sunday and ESP's Supra, that stuffed up on sunday, getting around 448kw. (saturday it did 669kw). Though i stuffed up as well. Sound was turned off on my camera so just the video it is :-(

Anyway, here are some pics of other skylines there and that 669kw Supra with fatass Garrett turbo. I will let the SAU team send photos of their cars.

(these have been resized...i still have hi-res on home comp)

See you in April next year for the next Autosalon.

Cheers

Otacon

"Melbourne Autosalon Event Crew"

post-44471-1194915677_thumb.jpg

post-44471-1194915787_thumb.jpg

post-44471-1194915801_thumb.jpg

post-44471-1194915867_thumb.jpg

post-44471-1194915909_thumb.jpg

RH9 is there again sporting a nice T88-GK rather than the 3542s of previous years. Expecting to see well over 750awkw from that.

can ayone lead me to some pics of this car? bay preferably.

G,day guys... I was over from adelaide with PURESX the blue 180 for the weekend.

I thought it was a good show, lots of nice 'lines there too. Personal fave was the blue nismo S1 R34 and of course who didn't like the RH9 car!?.

Was good to chat to Leewah and see some of your local cars... keep it up guys...

cheers, M.