SAU Community

Couple Pics Of My Dr30

benny_blanco

took a couple of photos today, the quality isnt that great but thought I would share.

Out of curiosity sake, I got offered 11,000 for it the other day. I thought it would be worth more cos of its condition, Kms + a couple of mods, etc. what does a good condition DR go for these days? not that im going to sell it anytime soon :) .

Someone told me I could get around 16,000 not sure how true that is. allthough I wouldnt even consider to sell mine for less then 21,500 (not that I would get that money for it)

post-36338-1196472556_thumb.jpg

post-36338-1196472591_thumb.jpg

post-36338-1196472625_thumb.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, nice car you got there. I saw a lot of DR30's on Japan earlier in the year and was thinking to get one in because there aren't many in Aust. The $11,000 mark is probably about right. I'm guessing the car is an RS turbo, not an RS-X turbo? You doubt you would get $16,000 considering you could get a pretty good one from Japan for about $10,000. My friend has an early DR30 4 door and he said he would sell it for A$3000. I'll put a pick after.

Has your car got the original FJ20DET? How many k's? Where did you get it from?

RS-X is the turbo model, X standing for turbo. and it is atleast an RS-X, though I have the stickers from the previous model on the car, mine should have the smaller ones like this if you can make them out behind the door. wether mine was a DR30 RS-X C however im not sure.

whitedr30skyline1.jpg

From what I know my car looked exactly like this from the factory and was all white, didnt have the black down the bottom, that was sprayed over a year ago.

kitamijin, your mates car looks nice, although i reckon I've seen the pic somewhere before.

Still has an Fj20 and intercooled. but not the orginal motor, that one got built to 260rwkw and is currently being dropped into a 240K. The chassis has 86,3XX original Kms on it, unsure of the engine kms but was re-built around a year or 2 ago.

Only issues im having is with the coil-overs' bearings getting abit worn and creaky, but finding it impossible to find replacements cos of odd japanese bearing sizes.

the car is in SA, but depending what goes on next year i could be off to WA and it would be coming with me, or its being garaged for awhile here.

Yeah, I posted the same photo a few months ago just after coming back from Japan on another DR30 page, you might have seen it there. If the only thing you got problems with are some squeaky shocks then that's great, might be worth looking to get one myself.

yeah i recommend them highly. I could of brought a r32/r33/r34 at the time, there was a reason why i didnt :nyaanyaa:

If you have a friend in Japan then you should have no issues with new parts, www.r30.co.jp and yahoo auctions seem to have alot of parts available.

I have been thinking of importing a series 1 sedan like your mates and using it as a daily, either that or a Trueno. What condition were the other DR's like in Japan pretty decent? Cos over the years looking at DR's forsale in Adelaide they have mainly been really shit condition ones.

RS-X is the turbo model, X standing for turbo. and it is atleast an RS-X, though I have the stickers from the previous model on the car, mine should have the smaller ones like this if you can make them out behind the door. wether mine was a DR30 RS-X C however im not sure.

Just a little corection there, both RS and RS-X are turbo model's. RS is non inter cooled and the RS-x has the small side mount inter cooler and runs higher compression and the turbo has a slightly smaller exhaust housing.

Mine was originally an RS. :P Not quite original anymore.

There are quite a few nice DR's in Adelaide just not any up for sale :PBJ: $11,000 is a very good price these days, the only people interested in them are the fanatics that are very thin on the ground lately. By any chance have you seen the old fella that drives the faded red RS-x with queensland plates around? I haven't seen him for about a year and a half, he pulled up along side my mate one day and gave him some respect. He was hell old with his misses in the passenger seat, what a champ.

I own an SR sil also and it sucks driving the sil compared to the DR.

Edited by DR JOSH

Nah i havnt seen the red one, the only one I have seen in the last 12 months was a Silver/black one, had no writing on the side.

click me actually the RS was non-turbo, the RS-X turbo C was the intercooled one. Mine has the side mount intercooler, wether it was a Turbo C or not originally I have no idea because they are pretty rare.

Come to think of it, the first DR30 I ever saw was one my brother was looking at years ago when I was 14, but never brought because it was the biggest heap of shit you have ever seen hahaha, rust in panels, wrecked interior, 2 gear was rooted, strangley thats when I first wanted a DR30 hahaha.

there is also a hatch going around with a DR conversion, pretty sure its also running an fj looks pretty cool. cant remember 100% wether it had a facelift or not.

That info is correct yet incorrect at the same time. There was the RS= non turbo, RS-turbo (come badged just as an RS, like mine was) = turbo no intercooler, and RS-x= turbo intercooled. I have original DR30 brochures at home.

That hatch has had a facelift, I know the bloke that bought his old DR shell. I believe it had a decent engine bay fire.

My mates DR should be back on the road soon with a fresh motor after he popped it. It's running a GT30 with a few other goodies, it's bright green you wont miss it thats for sure.

Edited by DR JOSH

Ok I was wrong then, now I know something new, my mistake.

Your mate who bought the shell would'nt happen to have a brother called Dan, who also has a DR30 thats off the road getting converted into a track car?

I will see what I can do for you MAG86. My sisters boyfriend is mates with the guy that owns it. Its also running an FJ20 and all the DR30 running gear from what I heard.

yeah i recommend them highly. I could of brought a r32/r33/r34 at the time, there was a reason why i didnt :D

If you have a friend in Japan then you should have no issues with new parts, www.r30.co.jp and yahoo auctions seem to have alot of parts available.

I have been thinking of importing a series 1 sedan like your mates and using it as a daily, either that or a Trueno. What condition were the other DR's like in Japan pretty decent? Cos over the years looking at DR's forsale in Adelaide they have mainly been really shit condition ones.

I lived in Hokkaido for 6 years and I can say the DR30's up there aren't too bad. There are some shitters sitting in workshops etc but on the whole people really look after them. It's easy to look after them because the availability of parts and good old mechanics who have worked on Skylines all their lives aren't hard to find. You can buy a good DR30RS-X for about A$4-5,000. I've noticed lately though the prices are going up because the DR30 seems to be popular again.

That hatch has had a facelift, I know the bloke that bought his old DR shell. I believe it had a decent engine bay fire.

My mates DR should be back on the road soon with a fresh motor after he popped it. It's running a GT30 with a few other goodies, it's bright green you wont miss it thats for sure.

Josh, i beleive that that car is this one....

Haha the kermit machine will be back in action eh!

Ok I was wrong then, now I know something new, my mistake.

Your mate who bought the shell would'nt happen to have a brother called Dan, who also has a DR30 thats off the road getting converted into a track car?

I will see what I can do for you MAG86. My sisters boyfriend is mates with the guy that owns it. Its also running an FJ20 and all the DR30 running gear from what I heard.

I beleive that would be me that has that bro! Specially if he's just bought a stato!

Edited by Boof

thats allright then that there are plenty of decent ones floating around in Japan.

One of the guys from work and I were discussing the idea of bringing over a couple of DR30s for ourselves, and a few parts cars. today.

I was going to look into an R30 Wagon to import, then put into storage until I have the time for it. then do an DR30 conversion to it... were there enough wagons around to be able to find one?

*edit

You're right this was the DR that had the engine fire. I dont think any real damage was done seeing I cant even notice anything.

Ahh dont know if he brought a stato (P.S wat is a stato haha) ..... I would have to ask my mate Phil (has a turbo'd MR30), I have meet Dan a couple of times through him. Im guessing its the right Dan.

Edited by benny_blanco

ah i met phil on some small r31 meet yr or so ago. car looked ace.

my mate did end up supercharging his but now turbo (l24et) mines not far behind either now that the r31 is defected.

he still got his r30???

the car is in SA, but depending what goes on next year i could be off to WA and it would be coming with me, or its being garaged for awhile here.

bring it with you!!!! we need more 30's over here!!!! ;)

ah i met phil on some small r31 meet yr or so ago. car looked ace.

my mate did end up supercharging his but now turbo (l24et) mines not far behind either now that the r31 is defected.

he still got his r30???

Yeah he still has it, should be back on the road before christmas, pretty sure the only major thing he has to do now is give it a tune.

bring it with you!!!! we need more 30's over here!!!! :)

If I can score a job over in the mines somwhere in WA and have the option to be based in Perth when not working, not woop woop. Im over.

what are the R30s and earlier models like over there, rare or common enough?

You're right this was the DR that had the engine fire. I dont think any real damage was done seeing I cant even notice anything.

Ahh dont know if he brought a stato (P.S wat is a stato haha) ..... I would have to ask my mate Phil (has a turbo'd MR30), I have meet Dan a couple of times through him. Im guessing its the right Dan.

Yep i know, cause i seen it the day that Crimmo bought it! The engine bay fire wasn't that bad, just mainly damaged the bonnet, melted nearly every plastic thing in the engine bay(which he replaced i might add)...Was a problem with the fuel pressure regulator or something he said, but crimmo did such an ace job you wouldn't have even known/

Stato = Statesman

Has phil got the gold MR30 sedan??? If so i rekon i've met him once at dan's old house

yeah phil has the gold mr30 sedan..... Its a small world.

why a statesman? I dont see NISSAN written anywhere on a statesman hahahhaha

When all the R30's are on the road we need to all do a cruise ;) ...only prob now mine will be out of action for another couple of weeks until my cooler / dyno tune is done.