SAU Community

Couple Pics Of My Dr30

benny_blanco

what are the R30s and earlier models like over there, rare or common enough?

fairly rare, mostly 31's or above. not really many left over here.. we only had like 1.2M peeps till not long ago..so...not many at all!!

thats why we need more!! :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you know anyone in the mining industry in WA and after a toolmaker/fitter/machinist Im more then happy to come over and bring my ride with me. After Christmas I'm going to start applying hopefully I can find something fairly soon. mind you even if a toolmaking job in the big smoke paid enough money I would head over.

The only thing that sucks your housing is really expensive in comparison to SA.

are there heaps of other imports over there now? when I went over 4 years ago I would of only seen a couple of 33s and silivas, but heaps of some toyota sedan I have never seen in SA :S

Well if you know anyone in the mining industry in WA and after a toolmaker/fitter/machinist Im more then happy to come over and bring my ride with me. After Christmas I'm going to start applying hopefully I can find something fairly soon. mind you even if a toolmaking job in the big smoke paid enough money I would head over.

The only thing that sucks your housing is really expensive in comparison to SA.

are there heaps of other imports over there now? when I went over 4 years ago I would of only seen a couple of 33s and silivas, but heaps of some toyota sedan I have never seen in SA :S

Could've told me ur a toolmaker we've been looking for one for ages here!! Ended up with another indian!

I should of aye..

Currently where I am now they have me setting/operating some bullshit machines for production cos in their infinite wisdom got rid of most of their setters and im naturally dieing to get back into a toolroom.

Right now the mines seem so enticing though cos of all the money and wanting to get set-up and buy a house and a project car like another DR or a Treuno that I can rebuild so i can learn how it all works.

I should of aye..

Currently where I am now they have me setting/operating some bullshit machines for production cos in their infinite wisdom got rid of most of their setters and im naturally dieing to get back into a toolroom.

Right now the mines seem so enticing though cos of all the money and wanting to get set-up and buy a house and a project car like another DR or a Treuno that I can rebuild so i can learn how it all works.

You working in the plastics industry to?? Where abouts???

Was in plastics for the first 2 years of my apprenticeship (Trident tooling for the 1st, then NTS the 2nd), last 2 I have been working on press metal dies @ Clipsal, but now the last few months they have me setting/operating to fill in the gaps left by people they got rid of.

Everything for my Apprenticeship has just been signed off with GTS in the last couple of weeks, just waiting for clipsal to pull their thumb out to put me on a tradesman before my official time finishes at the end of the year.

hopefully not having years and years of experience will make it much harder getting elsewhere sooner rather then later

where abouts are you working by the way?

Was in plastics for the first 2 years of my apprenticeship (Trident tooling for the 1st, then NTS the 2nd), last 2 I have been working on press metal dies @ Clipsal, but now the last few months they have me setting/operating to fill in the gaps left by people they got rid of.

Everything for my Apprenticeship has just been signed off with GTS in the last couple of weeks, just waiting for clipsal to pull their thumb out to put me on a tradesman before my official time finishes at the end of the year.

hopefully not having years and years of experience will make it much harder getting elsewhere sooner rather then later

where abouts are you working by the way?

I work at exacto plastics, die setter/team leader on arvo shift.

Another toolmaker hey. Bet your glad to be out of your apprenticeship.

Ahh so you're one too I'm guessing?

It must be something to do with DR owners haha

f**k yeah im glad, now I can make some decent money, bring on the mines I say! :wave:

I work at exacto plastics, die setter/team leader on arvo shift.

Arvo shift is good, we have a saying 30% more pay, 30% less work ;) hahaha

Ahh so you're one too I'm guessing?

It must be something to do with DR owners haha

f**k yeah im glad, now I can make some decent money, bring on the mines I say! :P

Arvo shift is good, we have a saying 30% more pay, 30% less work :wave: hahaha

30% on arvo's?? Ur kiddin right?? We're only on 15% loading here, 30% on nightshift, and that you can jam!! Nightshift sucks the bollocks!

We deffinately need more DR's in Perth, along with mine I believe there are only about 4 other road going versions. Have tried to get a difinitive number but everyone seems to be hiding their DR30's over here. Mines an 83 RSX (originally) non-intercooled now running GT30, forgies, cams etc and with only 68000k's on the clock. I paid $14000 for it tho.

30% on arvo's?? Ur kiddin right?? We're only on 15% loading here, 30% on nightshift, and that you can jam!! Nightshift sucks the bollocks!

actually think you're right, my bad. i reckon ours is 15% arvo, 30% night aswell come to think of it. Stuipid me :blush: ... its night shift they say it bout.

We deffinately need more DR's in Perth, along with mine I believe there are only about 4 other road going versions. Have tried to get a difinitive number but everyone seems to be hiding their DR30's over here. Mines an 83 RSX (originally) non-intercooled now running GT30, forgies, cams etc and with only 68000k's on the clock. I paid $14000 for it tho.

Shiet I thought mine had good millage, $14,000 sounds like a bairgan though. You wont beleive how much I paid for mine :banana:

Do you have any pics of yours anywhere?

• 1 month later...
Josh/Shane have either of you guys spotted my DR since Sam sold it? I havent seen it anywhere or any pics on the net, I've nfi where it went. I'd kind of like to get another one at some point...

Nah mate aint seen nor heard nothing!

Nope haven't seen it, saw a white one getting defected down south a couple of months ago but didn't have a front bar or anything like that. I have also been looking into getting another stocker to get around in, instead of my silvia poo mobile. My mate landed a minter which he ended up selling for $4500 un-complied, I was spewing I couldn't come up with the cash in time.

Nope haven't seen it, saw a white one getting defected down south a couple of months ago but didn't have a front bar or anything like that. I have also been looking into getting another stocker to get around in, instead of my silvia poo mobile. My mate landed a minter which he ended up selling for $4500 un-complied, I was spewing I couldn't come up with the cash in time.

yer was thinkin about gettin another one as well but just to much hassle i rekon, getting to old now to use as a daily, might get myself a 33 or 34 or something like that as a daily...maybe even an xr6t if i can talk the wife into it :P:no:

My mate landed a minter which he ended up selling for $4500 un-complied, I was spewing I couldn't come up with the cash in time.

Funny I should mention this a couple of days ago, my mate rang me at lunch today. The guy that bought it off him needs money fast and wants to off load it, $5000 complied with a freshly rebuilt motor and new clutch. Said I could take it this weekend for $3000 then get the rest to him at a later date. Hmmmmm, the only money I have should really be going on my house, but I'm going to go look at it then make up my mind. But then again I do have a silvia I really should be selling.

This is it while it was still in Japan.

post-8231-1202787572_thumb.jpg

post-8231-1202787588_thumb.jpg

Edited by DR JOSH