SAU Community

Couple Pics Of My Dr30

benny_blanco

Hey when gohsyrider and I are finished our cars we are thinking of doing the great ocean rd to adelaide

might be able to have a get together then?

and outtatime, as your car is plated a DR30 you can chuck in an FJ20et without worrying about engineering youknow!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems there's way more of a DR scene in south oz compared to WA too, I reckon if I organised a DR cruise in Perth u could counT the turn out on 1 hand :)

I reckon that has a lot to do with the fact that Tom Monkhouse repped his DR at just about every drift comp/ practice/ show SA had to offer for over 2 years so a lot more people have been exposed to them and how cool they really are. Back when I first got my DR 4 years ago (mine came off the boat the same week Tom bought his) I could pull up next to your average silvia/ skyline driver and they would not even know exactly what it is. To the point where I had a well known import nissan wrecker tell me that I owned a R30 with a HR31 front end transplant :teehee: , when I went on search for a new headlight, and yes I have never been back to that wrecker

I had the same problem with a nissan wrecker, Kept telling me they had never heard of a DR30, Didnt even know you could get an R30 in a coupe, they didnt believe that my car came standard with an FJ20, it must of came with an L24.... from what I believe the place also imports cars (probally fixed wrecks :P ).. which is quite sad

What happened to the really nice DR30 near Tom's house was black/white. I used to love seeing that DR and Toms flying around the place.

Where are most of these DR30's in Adelaide anyway? down south or something, cos I never seem to see them.

Mark.... does that banana dance mean you want to join the dark side? :D:P

Edited by benny_blanco

where are these DR30's??? Since I got mine I have seen 2, one just the other weekend on the freeway

When Crimmo had it, it was quite a beast, 260RWKW is what i got told!

Infront of the writing, it has a INTERCOOLER cut out of a gold rectangle, I saw it on a few DR30's in Japanese photos thought it looked pimpin'

Shane you would happen to know if Crimmo used the Factory colours when he re-sprayed the car.. better yet if he has any spare paint left??, just a few minor paint chips I want to touch up.

If you dont know, I can get my brother to call Crimmo and find out.

When its on the road let me know so we can do some snaps, How is Dans DR30 going along BTW?

Haha yeah probably something around that mark, had the meanest idle i've ever heard as well!!

Mate, i honestly have no idea if he did or not, but be careful cause that black down the bottom isnt a flat black its a black with a blue pearl in it!

Rack and pinion steering for one thing :wacko:

As for a rear bar I wouldn't have a clue, Neame had one which someone had painted black which had started flaking but I think it went in the bin with the bent shell. Stuff that for badges, my car has been completely de-badged all of mine were a bit shitty anyway.

I can't wait either, if only I wasn't so lazy. I was way more enthusiastic when I started it. I just need to get moved into my house properly and bring down to my garage so I can actually work on it, it's currently stored up in my mates shed which is, way far away when you don't have a license. And with my new pay rise I should have a little money to finish it off :rofl:

Quite possibly he's an old schooler, way old school with an FJ 1600.

How does never sound? :dry:

Bah spoil sport :ermm::P

Got my insurance quote today, getting sent it in the mail tomz, just got the household bills in, so pay them off and get over the wife's birthday then its on biatchs!

I reckon that has a lot to do with the fact that Tom Monkhouse repped his DR at just about every drift comp/ practice/ show SA had to offer for over 2 years so a lot more people have been exposed to them and how cool they really are. Back when I first got my DR 4 years ago (mine came off the boat the same week Tom bought his) I could pull up next to your average silvia/ skyline driver and they would not even know exactly what it is. To the point where I had a well known import nissan wrecker tell me that I owned a R30 with a HR31 front end transplant :rofl: , when I went on search for a new headlight, and yes I have never been back to that wrecker

Haha i still get the what the looks from time to time....Damn uneducated people :P

• 4 months later...
hahaha still havnt finished?

Phil just finished off his MR30, just needs a power tune and its all sweet. ment to going around for abit of a gander

Haha yer it is, managed to put the 32 master cylinder on it...Have bought an 02 wrx so yer taken a bit of pressure of me getting the DR on the road for the mean time.....It'll happen, sooner rather then later i hope!

i will talk to phil during the week and see when his is getting tuned and out on the road, then we have to plan for sure.

saturday nights / sundays generally best for me cruising

Call shotgun! :):)

Haha yer it is, managed to put the 32 master cylinder on it...Have bought an 02 wrx so yer taken a bit of pressure of me getting the DR on the road for the mean time.....It'll happen, sooner rather then later i hope!

Call shotgun! :):)

Thats cool, you need some FJ lovin' dont you

gotta b a night run. or meet 4 day pics but mine still looks bogan

Yeah night run be good.... could still do some good night shots up near the freeway up past the old devils elbow to give it an old school drifto sushi look

Edited by benny_blanco

Thats cool, you need some FJ lovin' dont you

Yeah night run be good.... could still do some good night shots up near the freeway up past the old devils elbow to give it an old school drifto sushi look

Oh for sure i do!!!!!

My car is getting put on a trailer tomorrow to go to a workshop to hopefully be finished. Between work, fixing my house and getting drunk I no longer have time to do all fiddly little shit that is left to do. So with any luck this thing should be up and running in the next coupla months fingers crossed, after 4 years I'm not holding my breathe though. :/

It's a bit sad not to finish it myself considering the amount of time I have spent on it, but oh well I wanna drive it. Sick of seeing it sit there doing nothing.

Edited by DR JOSH

My car is getting put on a trailer tomorrow to go to a workshop to hopefully be finished. Between work, fixing my house and getting drunk I no longer have time to do all fiddly little shit that is left to do. So with any luck this thing should be up and running in the next coupla months fingers crossed, after 4 years I'm not holding my breathe though. :D

It's a bit sad not to finish it myself considering the amount of time I have spent on it, but oh well I wanna drive it. Sick of seeing it sit there doing nothing.

Ha and don't i know that feeling!!

It's now there. Said it should be out by the end of the week, then it will be pretty much ready for intial start up. owwwwww. Reckon I'll get D'd before it's run in, judging by the amounts of looks I got with it just on the trailer. Maybe that was just all stupid crap drawn on the windows in the dust though :D

4 trips from seaford to town over the weekend towing a car trailer, moving cars and hoists. Glad I wasn't paying for petrol. Time for bed now ;)

Edited by DR JOSH