SAU Community

Sau Vic 2007 Annual Show N Shine & Xmas Party - Wrap Up & Results

paulr33

Firstly, i'd like to thank my mum for supporting me through all the tough times...erm...

Seriously though - thanks all! There were some nice examples of R33s there so I'm chuffed people picked mine out of the lot *sniff*

Some great work by the organisers too - was a great way to spend a saturday arvo. Always enjoy these types of events :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff. I came down late morning early afternoon.... ok who am I kidding, lateish afternoon for a looksee.

Congrats to the Comm for putting on another fine event.

Was great to see a few new and old faces as always.

Congrats to the members that won, Im sure that will bring you back next year for a fun filled exciting 2008.

Look forward to seeing you all then.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.....

Ada///M.

To be honest I was disapointed in the event.

candy33 and myself came along a bit late in the day (at least made the effort) and walked around for half an hour and not one person came up to welcome us or even say hello.

Dont know what the story is with that, thought the effort to come along would have been appriciated and meet some like minded people who love the Nissan Skyline.

Made an effort and said hi to a few people who just said hi and kept walking ....

If I'd turned up in a Ford Falcon - that would be understandable.

scratches head ....

Sorry to read that was your experience. I saw your car driving around and i didnt even realise that you came in and parked? To tell you the truth you should consider yourself lucky that you seemed to have crossed the paths of other shy ppl, as opposed to me who would talk your ear off :P

Did you happen to grab a voting form and vote for the cars? I think that was the social hub along with the marquee where free drinks etc could be had.

To be honest I was disapointed in the event.

candy33 and myself came along a bit late in the day (at least made the effort) and walked around for half an hour and not one person came up to welcome us or even say hello.

Dont know what the story is with that, thought the effort to come along would have been appriciated and meet some like minded people who love the Nissan Skyline.

Made an effort and said hi to a few people who just said hi and kept walking ....

If I'd turned up in a Ford Falcon - that would be understandable.

scratches head ....

Mate, dunno who you were talking to but obviously the wrong person because there are plenty of friendly faces around you just have to make the effort to come and introduce yourself.

What you need to remember is there are over 250 members and it's hard to remember who's who and especially for me, I'm bad with names and faces so I hate to introduce myself to the same person over and over, quite embarrassing and trust me I do it all the time :P

I found it very clicky at first too but come to a meeting and say hi to a few people, I'm sure you'll be surprised.

Does anyone have photos of the R34 GTR Nur Spec that arrived late in the day? Is it just me or does there seem to be an ever increasing number of them in Australia?

Nope not just you, I've been keeping a close eye on the and the arse end has fallen out of the price :P You'll see a lot more around. A stock 2002 R34 GTR V-Spec II Nur in MJ is worth around 88k landed these days :P

im sad i missed it because i am a new member i emailed the form and money last week. the only reason i couldn't make it was because i had to pick up my new suspension so i guess it is a good enough reason, now i cant wait to put it on. for people that might be wondering i got a full set of springs and shockers of teins superstreets but they are not coilovers.i hope to meet you all soon and have a chat.

I found it very clicky at first too but come to a meeting and say hi to a few people, I'm sure you'll be surprised.

Is it? I met most of you at the pub at a meeting where i was most likely half cut... :P So i know no shame.

I think that if you walk up to a group of people you will find most in the crowd are new faces and in a similar situation, and personally its better to meet new people and have a fresh conversation. Strangely i think a few ppl get freaked out when i come up and start chatting/rambling, they think im off my medication...but you get that. Plus im almost old... :P

Don't ask me how that works but I'm not complaining as it's more of a reward than what I got for winning the Dutton Rally. Maybe I should give up on this racing thing and just make my car look pretty instead ;)

You are complaining old man :P .

I can't imagine you giving up racing and start making your car look pretty. It's just like you yourself start wearing skirt, one of those fluffy looking one too. :laughing-smiley-014: . (running away from snowy and hide :P )

Mate, dunno who you were talking to but obviously the wrong person because there are plenty of friendly faces around you just have to make the effort to come and introduce yourself.

What you need to remember is there are over 250 members and it's hard to remember who's who and especially for me, I'm bad with names and faces so I hate to introduce myself to the same person over and over, quite embarrassing and trust me I do it all the time :P

Mate I have to disagree there, this has to be the most non clicky fun club I have been in. I have been members of other car clubs here and in the UK and if you don't have certain mods done to the car, if it isnt similar to other members cars, you don't get a look in. The common ground this club comes together on is what makes it so great, more a social club with an emphasis on cars.

I was made to feel welcome by many people and now try and do that myself if there are other newbies. :P

Mate I have to disagree there, this has to be the most non clicky fun club I have been in. I have been members of other car clubs here and in the UK and if you don't have certain mods done to the car, if it isnt similar to other members cars, you don't get a look in. The common ground this club comes together on is what makes it so great, more a social club with an emphasis on cars.

I was made to feel welcome by many people and now try and do that myself if there are other newbies. :P

thats cos you from the UK and people felt sorry for you :P

but like any club, existing memebrs are friends, your never going to chnage that. Waiting for the welcome wagon with special gifts is a bit far fetched, from my experience you dont pick up chicks from just rolling up to the bar - I heard talking to them helps in the whole relationship process....I find this works with actual people also.

Sounds like you missed out on meeting a few new faces which is a shame. Everyone at SAU is a pretty good person.

we have almost 400 members now Adz!! :(

I saw Tai rock up (couldn't miss that car!) but I have no idea what he looks like and I didn't see him getting out of the car.. was kinda busy anyway.. so you should have just come and said hi! The ones sitting around under the marquee drinking are always going to be the most vocal, overly friendly group.. always a good place to start....

Anyway if you guys come down to the meeting on the 18th @ Bells, come and say hi and we can introduce you around :)

This is one of the first events I've actually ever been to - even though i've been a part of the club for 3 years!!

I didn't find it hard to meet the boys and girls - I've known some for a long time through meeting them on and off, but everyone is very friendly...

I mostly know people from the forums, but it is nice to put faces to names - no offence but I'll probably forget names (I'm just shocking).

Was a most enjoyable day!

The ones sitting around under the marquee drinking are always going to be the most vocal, overly friendly group.. always a good place to start....

Especially if you dont like the new GTR, as my side of the debate lacked support. My argument also seemed to lack credibility, but lets not get into that. (THEY ARE 1800kg BARGES!)

Congrats to those that took the time to polish up their rides and get them down there. They looked great, and you were one up on me...and Ash (but at least he made an appearance, even if it wasnt at its best :( )