SAU Community

Finally! Testing The Hks 2510..... Whats Your Guess

new blood

okay guys... there have been a few dances around the subject of this particular turbo....

I have had my car off the road for a little while getting a full rebuild with the following

Engine - RB20 ---> RB2.3

-forged pistons.... yadda yadda..... all new block...

-1.2mm tomei head gasket

-Tuneagent low mount s/s lowmount

-HKS split dump pipe

-Free low straight zorst

-Nismo 555cc injectors

-Z32AFM

-Tomei Poncam 256/256

-Tomei Camgears

-Nismo FPR

Now the turbo i currently have is an HKS 2510..... i want to go bigger down the road as the engine in built for it now.... but on the previous standard engine it used to make 181RWKW on a conservative tune at 1.bar.....

i have witnessed these make 200RWKW before at same or a little more boost.....

ive read that chris32 had made 208RWKW at his highest recording.....

in question if i rung my setup for all its worth i would be able to get 220rwkw on a 2510???

I really wanna see what this thing can do....

i think if that if that figure could be achived i would have a demonically fast street car......

thoughts please......

all comments welcome....

Edited by new blood

I think if you worry too much about chasing a number you could end up hurting your nice enw engine. Tubn eit up, run 1.3bar in it and it will make whatever power it makes. No doubt it will be quick, whatever the numer is

If you really need 220rwkws get the tuner to use a cup of coffee...or whatevcer it is they do to fudge figures :D

Too small IMO , a HKS 2510 is just a 2530 with with the more spool friendly - and restrictive - GT25/28 turbine . Aside from a few more recent HKS options ie GT-RS much of the HKS Garrett GT turbo range have been around a while .

One of the best all round in its turbine size range is the 2530 IMO . Your call but with what you've done to your RB20 to make it breathe the last thing it needs is a restrictive turbine to choke it up .

My vote goes to an RB specific 2530 .

Cheers A .

I agree with the above that this new engine deserves a bigger turbo.....and i will be leaning towards a GTRS when the time comes......

I just wanted to put to rest the myths that dance around this turbo.... i have always loved the power delivery of this one... and even with 180RWKW that it previously had.... it was so much fun.... max power is never the issue with me.... i just loved the mid range torque it produced.... and regardless of what others have said... it pulled all the way to redline.... never felt like it dropped off....

So...... i figure with all the mods done.... and having an engine that is supposed to be "more efficient" than the turbo... at least we will know what can be expected out of this little snail.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well... long story short..... engine not back yet... so further delays.... ive had a little more time to cash up again.... and a new turbo is starting to look good just about now.... should i rebuild my current 2510 with a 2530 or 2535 core?

thoughts please

well... long story short..... engine not back yet... so further delays.... ive had a little more time to cash up again.... and a new turbo is starting to look good just about now.... should i rebuild my current 2510 with a 2530 or 2535 core?

thoughts please

thoughts please

I guess it boils down to how much power you want and how much you want to spend...personally i recon a 2535 would be awesome for a rb23...and be good to around 220-240rwkw with pretty decent response...