SAU Community

Coil Packs

series2r33

Hey i was just wondering if it sounds correct that coil packs would play up at only 14psi?

My cars getting tuned with A GT3082R turbo and the tuner said that 14-15 pound boost and the car is breaking up.

Just wondering if this sounds normal, cause i know ppl have run 14 psi with the standard turbo without upgrading the coilpacks. And if it is normal how much am i lookin to spend to get a set?

Normal for ageing coils.

New ones are around $550

cheers.

No worries, thanks mate... I just sorta feel as though im getting milked since there have been a few things labour wise he had to do aswell. Probably legit... just dont like giving money away lol

wat did he get ya for?

Welding a few runs inside the intake pipe to stop turbulance... said it would help steady the car when on idle. that wasn't much though.

Also said he had to re-drill and tap the holes that hold the throttle position sensor on. said the tps was coming loose after a few runs. Since the cars an hour and a half away i cant see it so i just have to say yeah.. do it. But its done now and im pickin it up just tuned to 13psi, no more coin

Before you go spending money and changing coil packs, check that your plugs are gapped at 0.8mm that might help the breaking down with the higher boost.

Yeah he ran cold plugs and gap gapped to 0.8, said it might help but no luck, still crap... its definately the coil packs Thanks guys :P