SAU Community

Where Can You Order A R35 In Nsw

nfi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how to go about putting your name down? He has tried quite a number of Nissan dealers who all say they can't currently help as they don't even have pricing information let alone a waiting list!?

Would be pretty stupid of nissan not to release these figures so that cars could be preordered. I have heard of it happening already in VIC.

James

iM PAYING DEPOSIT AND PUTTING NAME DOWN BY FRIDAY, ALSO ASKING FOR LETTER OF PLACE IN QUE CONFIRMATION, THATS WHAT I DID WITH nEW m3 DEPOSIT 1 1/2 years AGO AND WORKED WELL. WILL let you know how it goes and post outcome.

Regards

Syko

Edited by sykotoyRS4

even cheaper option, buy a 32/33 and spend $20k on it and have lots left!

I'd buy a RS4 for R35 GTR kinda money, no question!

Have you driven an RS4? I have an whilst it is an unquestionably nice car - I don't think they are worth the $$$ charged for them. At this stage I'm thinking the R35 will be a better car for $$$ machine than the RS4 is (but only driving one will really tell).

Have you driven an RS4? I have an whilst it is an unquestionably nice car - I don't think they are worth the $ charged for them. At this stage I'm thinking the R35 will be a better car for $ machine than the RS4 is (but only driving one will really tell).

Yes currently i have an RS4, black/black.. mods are H+R Springs/sways and the full Milltek exhaust, 100 catts/downpipes /cat back. its putting down 237@ ATW.

i had intended to trade it on a new M3 when my order arrived but based on the reviews it dosent appear to be any better, so i let the order go last month. The RS is such a sweet car that seems to cover all bases as its a daily driver and did 10 odd track days last year and a dutton rally(NSW), it has also run a 12.883 1/4. not bad for a sedan haha, i run michelin Pilot cups265s. But being a car nut im always looking for the next dream car, faster, sexier etc. Im planning to keep for 2008 and do the AudiVW car series in it, and drive to work lol.

I really love the look of the new GT-R, especially the front and rear, not so much the side on .But i love the German build quality.. this car appears to be closing the gap, nasty performance and pretty luxorious looking interior to. so seriously thinking of putting deposit down. BMW took 1000 bucks only so im sure nissan would be similar, and refundable if you change your mind.

When i called BMW to ask about waiting list , they didnt have one so i gave 1k and asked for a letter confirming deposit and my number 1 spot, which they did(alto artarmon).

I suggest we try the same approach with nissan, if they dont have a list yet, make them start one with u as number 1.

anyhow, hi fellas, GT_rs are nasty lol

Happy new year :)

post-46058-1199331271_thumb.jpg

Edited by sykotoyRS4

I suggest we try the same approach with nissan, if they dont have a list yet, make them start one with u as number 1.

I did just that ... 2 months ago.

:)

RS4 is an awesome car, I just couldn't quite bring myself to buy something that conservative in appearance ... it would be like admitting I'm getting older.

BTW ... I had to put down $2,500.

I did just that ... 2 months ago.

:)

RS4 is an awesome car, I just couldn't quite bring myself to buy something that conservative in appearance ... it would be like admitting I'm getting older.

BTW ... I had to put down $2,500.

lol i hear ya, in the back of my head ive always thought it was too early to buy a 4 door. i should still be in coupes

that's wrong. personal imports are not restricted to SEVS listed cars. you can import ANY car as long as you have owned it (and lived) overseas for 12 months. even if that exact model is sold here in full volume. so if you are currently in aus that means moving to japan, buying and registering the car, leasing a parking spot. wait 12 months. then move back to aus with the car. it will be far cheaper and easier to buy one from nissan unless of course you are currently living in japan anyway.

How would it be cheaper to buy one from nissan??

They are 90k AUD here. They're going to be a MINIMUM 145k in Australia. Storage for a year plus shipping couldn't be close to 55k??

I was told today that the R35 wont be warranted by Nissan if you import them in yourself.So i assume that means the cars are for race use only and cant be registered.

I was told today that the R35 wont be warranted by Nissan if you import them in yourself.So i assume that means the cars are for race use only and cant be registered.

whats that got to do with registering the car? :P

that applies for any low-volume import in Nissans eyes

sheesh

How would it be cheaper to buy one from nissan??

They are 90k AUD here. They're going to be a MINIMUM 145k in Australia. Storage for a year plus shipping couldn't be close to 55k??

well like I said in my post if you are not currently living in japan then that's a shitload of effort to go to. moving countries for 12months... ok, let's say you find someone to do it for you (and this assumes nothing goes wrong and they don't drive or fk up the car).

$90,000 AUD for car

$5,000 for person to do all this work for you and look after it (at least)

$4,000 1 years parking space lease

$3,000 1 years rego in japan

$2,500 shiping

$9,000 GST

$9,900 import duty

$7,000 luxury car tax

now bear in mind you've been without $100,000 for 12months, and when you get the car it's 12 months old. even at conservative investment you could have earnt $10,000 on that money in the 12 months and you would be getting a brand new car. and the car would have warranty. I'm not saying don't do it, if you want to then go ahead. but it's only really viable if you are living in japan. if you aren't then you will need to look at things pretty carefully. All those figures are just off the top of my head but not too far out. as i said in my original post, if you live in japan sure it's viable. if you live in australia is cheaper and easier to buy one here than to do a personal import. unless you buy a personal import from someone in japan who has put up their own money, driven and enjoyed the car for a year then sells it to you.

that's wrong. personal imports are not restricted to SEVS listed cars. you can import ANY car as long as you have owned it (and lived) overseas for 12 months. even if that exact model is sold here in full volume. so if you are currently in aus that means moving to japan, buying and registering the car, leasing a parking spot. wait 12 months. then move back to aus with the car. it will be far cheaper and easier to buy one from nissan unless of course you are currently living in japan anyway.

Does this mean you don't comply your car? You just get a Road Worthy and then Register it?

:P