SAU Community

A Christmas Update On Our 2004 M35 Ar-x

Muz

Unfortunately, tangles82, your posts have upset a number of others on this forum. You've noted that you're not worried about "pissing people off" but some consideration should be given for people in Muz's place who are not just financially out of pocket, but quite possibly emotionally affected by the stresses and strains of being in such a situation. The fact remains that the information given to him in the first instance was that there would be little problem in obtaining compliance certification and that he'd have his car on the road in a reasonable amount of time after purchase and importing, and he (and others) have gone with this information in good faith, and have since been burnt by doing so.

Well said. The fact also remains that the importer was originally "positive" about the whole deal, all smiles etc., etc.,............ else why would the customer lay out 35 big ones? Then when everthing was going swimmingly there was a tiny hitch. That is to say the vehicle in question was inexplicably held up on the docks in Japan, no biggy & no explanation provided here on the forum at least, for some obscure reason not being loaded, shipped etc., in an orderly fashion. A suspicious doubter in hindsight might think to themselves that this is were the no-name importer had the "penny drop". A suspicious person may also think to themselves (but not out loud) that the no-name importer made a commercial decision to; knowing the potential hiccup, run with the agreement, take the money & see how it went, having decided inhouse the end game would not be at their cost or at least subsidised. A suspi.. person would become further wired when on delivery the importer (noname) did not get the vehicle prepped/complianced himself & have it waitng on the lot all bright & shiny for the [edit righteously edit] tumescent customer to come & sweep away.

Instead, the story goes something like " there she is mate, give us the rest of our dosh she's all yours bro, drop her round to "noname" complier & she's all apples, enjoy."

When I picked up my import from SVI, Mick Martin in Brissy, IT WAS ALL DONE, ready to drive away soon as I did the rego (a formality in which I was babysat through with the importer's rep), no more to pay. That is the service I would expect everytime.

Happy Australia Day & cheers dudes. (Cracks another beer ftw)

GW :ermm:

Edited by 260tech

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another update for all following this thread.

Unfortunately I am unable to comitt my self to an exact date of completion in relation to successful testing to ADR79/00. As I have previously said, there are to many variables to be able to give an exact time frame. I also need to inform you that the test facility which has been conducting the emissions test (VIPAC ENGINEERS) are currently in the process of establishing their new facility at Port Melbourne and are unable to continue testing until the facility is comissioned. The indication I have received from the test facility is approximately the beginning of April before they can recommence testing for any of their clients. I have contacted Orbital in Perth and they have informed me that they can not conduct any additional work due to their current work load. I have contacted Ford Motor Company to see if they can assist us in testing vehicles however they have not yet got back to me on the issue.

This leaves us in an unfortunate position. I can appreciate your frustration however as you can see the situation is out of my control.

Once again I would like to thank the caring import broker who has cut and run like a mongrel dog.

Where to now guys?

Muz

Edited by Muz

Would also appreciate this, being that im dealing with a couple as we speak re: my own car.

Ive been following this for a while, since first reading about autech axis' dramas, and as such a not getting the M35 i had initially posted up!

Would also appreciate this, being that im dealing with a couple as we speak re: my own car.

Ive been following this for a while, since first reading about autech axis' dramas, and as such a not getting the M35 i had initially posted up!

All PM requests replied to.

cheers and many thanks to all

Muz

Hi Muz,

The saga continues! Give me another buzz when you get the chance, but like you've got in your response further up, I think it'll be another few months before much happens with further testing.

You've come this far, you may was well ride it out now :) I was trying to find a good smiley to sum up the situation - was the best I could do...

Edited by vrfour

• 11 months later...

Hello All,

Yes I suppose your just as shocked as I am (and if you can believe the import broker - as much as he is) that we are almost at 2 years since this whole debacle commenced. It is now going through the court process (more money) and doesn't look like being reconciled any time soon. The broker (and we all know who they are) is denying any sort of culpability in the whole issue and is attempting to blame us.

Two bloody years we have waited for this to be sorted and right at this point in time can not even get an answer as to where the car is. I am prepared to name the broker on national TV at the risk of losing everything just so others do not get caught by these *&%$@**%@# .

Be warned people. This broker is definitely not to be trusted!

Do I sound bitter? You bloody betcha!

Muz

Edited by Muz

what really f#%*n shits me is people go into getting a car imported on good faith that these brokers and importers are supose to be proffesionals thats why we seek their knowledge , but you get some two bit fly by nighter whom knows theoretically f#$K all about f%$K all but in good faith we trust their proffesionalism, us amatuers know nothing right , but end up getting screwed in the arse , i reckon shame the bastards they are theives and should be treated accordonally , buyers like muz should be well and trully compensated , false or misleding information by so-called proffesionals should be dealt with as any other fraudulent crime. :D

+1 mate, i feel your pain and i can't even imagine how hard this must be for you (and your family if you have one)

i think i know who you're talking about but i would like to know for sure

pm away!

good luck mate!

+1 mate, i feel your pain and i can't even imagine how hard this must be for you (and your family if you have one)

i think i know who you're talking about but i would like to know for sure

pm away!

good luck mate!

Thanks for the kind words mate. Yes I do have a family and yes it is an enormous stress on a marriage as only someone who is married or partnered will understand. I see you're from Cairns also. Nice drop of rain we have been having isn't it.

I have replied to your request for PM

Cheers

Muz

Edited by Muz

what really f#%*n shits me is people go into getting a car imported on good faith that these brokers and importers are supose to be proffesionals thats why we seek their knowledge , but you get some two bit fly by nighter whom knows theoretically f#$K all about f%$K all but in good faith we trust their proffesionalism, us amatuers know nothing right , but end up getting screwed in the arse , i reckon shame the bastards they are theives and should be treated accordonally , buyers like muz should be well and trully compensated , false or misleding information by so-called proffesionals should be dealt with as any other fraudulent crime. :D

Thanks mate.

We appreciate the words but unfortunately these guys are not FBN's but allegedly a reputable organisation after all they do sponsor this forum.

cheers

Muz

Dirty Scumbags.

I suppose that if you go to a Personal Trainer & they make you do an exercise that causes serious injury, it would be your fault too?

I hope all is as well as can be in the household Muz (that kit may have to wait a bit, eh?)

I have said it before, but best of luck in the courts, I really do hope it ends up going your way.

If you do get the opportunity to do so, make them touch their toes and use a cactus.

I would be surprised if there is, but if there is anything I can do, just ask.

Thanks mate.

We appreciate the words but unfortunately these guys are not FBN's but allegedly a reputable organisation after all they do sponsor this forum.

cheers

Muz

thats what make's it harder to swallow , that alledgedly reputable company can conduct manners in a fbn way , if you went through a known dodgey , then thats the chance you take , but sponsors , FLEA'S , AMOEBA'S SINGLE CELLED LIFE FORMS THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE ON EARTH !!!!!!!!

thats what make's it harder to swallow , that alledgedly reputable company can conduct manners in a fbn way , if you went through a known dodgey , then thats the chance you take , but sponsors , FLEA'S , AMOEBA'S SINGLE CELLED LIFE FORMS THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE ON EARTH !!!!!!!!

Ahh yes, but you forget that all life started as amoeba.

I still think that there should be an "unto others" law passed where whatever heinous act someone commits to you and is found guilty of, should be performed upon them.

Either that, or strapped securely to a chair/post in a sound proof cell with the victim who has a legal blind eye turned to any acts they may perform on the guilty in that room.

Edited by iamhe77

ha ha ha i like where your coming from , you cruel and callous prick , MY TYPE OF PERSON , LOL, sorry im yelling again !!!

i think a thin piece of conduit slid down the eye of their knobs and let pissed off bulldog ants run down the tube , then slide the tube out and seal the eye up with glue , all with their hands and feet tied . :D:P:D:D