SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Problem with my f**king piece of shit body lately though, is if I eat enough food, I feel f**king terribly bloated most of the time, and have absolutely zero interest in lifting for some while after.

It'll be a miracle if I continue my session from lunchtime today after eating so much.

Catch f**king 22.

That's weird, as long as I have two hours between last meal and gym, doesn't matter how big the meal, I'm good to go.

I eat in big quantities for this reason. 1kg of pasta, 2-3 tuna sandwiches, 600gm steak etc.

Got through all 3 of my meals :D 3x 100g chikkun, 80g sweet potato, spinach, and feta (cooked weights). On top of that obscene baconegg roll. Jeebus.

Is that all? Haha just my lunch today was 500g chicken

you'd be surprised how much volume there was in the sweet potato. Should've gone rice lol

There is a lot of volume. I mix it with rice sometimes but i eat that meal with a little more protein about 8 times a day.

My mrs says im like feeding a dog. Just put the same meal infront of me all day every day and just shovel it in.

Have been trying to switch it up a bit as on the bulk and been having cous cous a bit with fruit in it

Problem with my f**king piece of shit body lately though, is if I eat enough food, I feel f**king terribly bloated most of the time, and have absolutely zero interest in lifting for some while after.

It'll be a miracle if I continue my session from lunchtime today after eating so much.

Catch f**king 22.

Somethings causing the bloating, try cut out different foods and see what changes.

I get bloated from bread, pasta, rice, milk, etc haha pretty much only eat eggs, meat, veg and nuts

Somethings causing the bloating, try cut out different foods and see what changes.

I get bloated from bread, pasta, rice, milk, etc haha pretty much only eat eggs, meat, veg and nuts

I've manipulated my diet enough times in search of the cause that it might as well just be "food in general". Though I've cut out lactose (except in my WPC, which I won't consume until later in the arvo) with appreciable affect so far.

Saw chiro last week, got some more xrays done....wouldn't be surprised if it's nerve issues given the misalignment of my lumbar (among other parts like my neck lol). I have perfect case example posture, until you look at an xray and see how f**ked everything is lol.

It's more than simple bloating too. It's like you hit a certain spot in my GI tract and motility drops to nearly 0. Shit halts, literally, and not due to what I'm eating.

While I'm firmly against the ridiculous overblown FAD (which it's nothing more than) against gluten we're seeing in recent years, and a firm believer that unless you've been diagnosed with gluten intolerance cutting it out is completely unnecessary and you're a FOTM hipster faggot, I will attest that even though I don't have any medical intolerance to gluten, I still get a bit of bloating from eating wheat based products particularly of the refined-to-all-f**k variety like bleached white flour. That being said, this bloating is likely nothing to do with gluten. or very little, and is just minor irritation from excessive amounts of fluids being pulled through my GI tract (this is just speculation though).

EDIT: LOL I forgot about the mad word filters on SAU.

Edited by Trozzle

Where do you get your carbs from?

The foods listed, I usually average less than 100g carbs per day. I'll have a burger or something on the weekends because I know I feel crap after. Had pizza last night.

While I'm firmly against the ridiculous overblown FAD (which it's nothing more than) against gluten we're seeing in recent years, and a firm believer that unless you've been diagnosed with gluten intolerance cutting it out is completely unnecessary and you're a FOTM hipster top bloke, I will attest that even though I don't have any medical intolerance to gluten, I still get a bit of bloating from eating wheat based products particularly of the refined-to-all-f**k variety like bleached white flour. That being said, this bloating is likely nothing to do with gluten. or very little, and is just minor irritation from excessive amounts of fluids being pulled through my GI tract (this is just speculation though).

EDIT: LOL I forgot about the mad word filters on SAU.

My body doesn't like white pasta but white rice I'm fine with. I've noticed with my partner being gluten intolerant that if I eat gluten free white pasta it has no negative effects on me. So maybe give that a shot if you want.

I'm enjoying the GVT, on the 3rd week now and weight is steadily increasing whilst scale weight has dropped 3kg with no change to diet, basically stripping some fat I believe as I am seeing some more muscle definition, I do get mad DOMS from 100 front squats, magnesium is my friend there.

On the topic of my abdominal injury, its been diagnosed as a "athletes hernia", lots of small tears where the muscle connects near my groin, some physio and time of heavy weights is all that is needed.

On the topic of bloating, have you tried the good bacteria stuff you can buy, I give that a go whenever I feel the bloat going on, works a treat for me.

When was the last time you wormed yourself, seriously, I dose once a year, all it takes is some grubby bastad to contaminate some food they are preparing or from animals you have touched.

Google "human parasites" for a eye opening experience.

The foods listed, I usually average less than 100g carbs per day. I'll have a burger or something on the weekends because I know I feel crap after. Had pizza last night.

100grams of carbs from vegies? Must eat heaps of them. Dont know how you can function. Let alone have any energy.

I dont respond well to huge amounts of carbs i sit at about 300 carbs a day and consider that low!!

I diet on 150-200 carbs a day and thats killing me to the point i fall asleep at work. But when i diet i train 2-3 times a day depending on time. Fasted cardio in the am then weights after work then cardio. I try for cardio before bed but if im running out of time ill do it straight after weights.

Carbs are really what grow muscle. Protien and fats can only do so much and with me its basically maintain what i have.

I'm enjoying the GVT, on the 3rd week now and weight is steadily increasing whilst scale weight has dropped 3kg with no change to diet, basically stripping some fat I believe as I am seeing some more muscle definition, I do get mad DOMS from 100 front squats, magnesium is my friend there.

On the topic of my abdominal injury, its been diagnosed as a "athletes hernia", lots of small tears where the muscle connects near my groin, some physio and time of heavy weights is all that is needed.

On the topic of bloating, have you tried the good bacteria stuff you can buy, I give that a go whenever I feel the bloat going on, works a treat for me.

When was the last time you wormed yourself, seriously, I dose once a year, all it takes is some grubby bastad to contaminate some food they are preparing or from animals you have touched.

Google "human parasites" for a eye opening experience.

I take a probiotic when I remember to, lol. Though you've got a point regarding worming. Even though I doubt that's an issue at all lol, still might as well grab some worm tablets anyway since who fkn knows what I've picked up over the last year, especially given I went to Thailand and Cambodia in October/November...

100grams of carbs from vegies? Must eat heaps of them. Dont know how you can function. Let alone have any energy.

I dont respond well to huge amounts of carbs i sit at about 300 carbs a day and consider that low!!

I diet on 150-200 carbs a day and thats killing me to the point i fall asleep at work. But when i diet i train 2-3 times a day depending on time. Fasted cardio in the am then weights after work then cardio. I try for cardio before bed but if im running out of time ill do it straight after weights.

Carbs are really what grow muscle. Protien and fats can only do so much and with me its basically maintain what i have.

I've stuck with <100g carbs per day for a while ages back. I won't deny switching to a more 'normal' carb intake definitely brought positives, but I was still functioning perfectly fine on dick all carbs. Obviously you just adapt to whatever you're doing, so in this case you've adapted to low carb intake like I did.

I take a probiotic when I remember to, lol. Though you've got a point regarding worming. Even though I doubt that's an issue at all lol, still might as well grab some worm tablets anyway since who fkn knows what I've picked up over the last year, especially given I went to Thailand and Cambodia in October/November...

I've stuck with <100g carbs per day for a while ages back. I won't deny switching to a more 'normal' carb intake definitely brought positives, but I was still functioning perfectly fine on dick all carbs. Obviously you just adapt to whatever you're doing, so in this case you've adapted to low carb intake like I did.

Yes function.. Just for me but ultra low carbs you will function but only progression will be weight loss not muscle gain, maybe a small amount.

Its about finding the balance.

With ultra low carbs you do need refeed days or your body will get use to low carbs and will serve no benifit. I had to have 2 refeed days a week. But my training is pretty intense and i tend to train heavy even when cutting.

plenty of people follow the no carb diet/movement and function fine.

Cousin went all summer on no carb. Reckons he feels great after about the 3rd week of having no carbs. His body also seems to respond well with it (in his opinion)

each person to their own.