SAU Community

V35 Air Intake

i remember chris rogers saying something about being able to use the bose amp with an aftermarket headunit..

You can order a harness kit to convert from an aftermarket head unit's output into a configuration that can be plugged in to the Bose setup.

The guys on 350Z-Tech recommend the PAC R-OEM harness.

I'll be looking at ordering one from the US in the near future, as I've got a new double DIN head unit ready to go in to the car.

Well not everyone is a handy electrician, and those products sold in U.S. websites are basically for a quick solution as ppl there want something very practical rather than fiddling around with custom made thing...

:D

Yes I've known the website for quite some time but swapping to that means i'm loosing the bose sound, I'll see how it goes after it landed and complied whether the bose sound is good enough, as I'm not really an audiophile.

I changed mine with JVC kw-805, it sounds way better than bose deck, but better to get an aftermarket amp to run it more power.

the stock bose has too much bass!!!

Yeah, I've tried to be really diplomatic about the whole thing but pulling over 10rwkW by changing the intake tube and moving the location of the AFM set off my bs meter.

Considering they said they "tuned the length", but they only had the car for 6 hours. How many different metal intake pipes can you fabricate, install, drive to the dyno shop down the road, strap down onto the dyno, and power run in 6 hours? Even if they did it all via CAD by flow-testing the intake of the VQ35DE just north of the throttle body so a computer could calculate the best tube length and diameter and only require the fabrication of one tube, it would still take a fair amount of time.

The guy also reckons he ran a 1:13 flat on his first time out at Wakefield Park in a dead stock car that he'd only owned for a week or two. Sure, Rick Bates managed a mid 1:12 in it during Motor Magazine's PCOTY....but Bates is a pretty damned good driver with plenty of track experience.

I'm not saying he's intentionally having people on, but its quite possible he's been given the bum steer by others and he's fallen for it. The claims don't resolve well with my experiences with the car.

Hey Scathing,

Yeah completely agree both about the lap time and the intake. Not saying it's untrue, just would like to see both in person.

Cheers

Bobby

yeah but why order when you don't have to? i htink chriswas saying that it can be wired in with knowledge rather than having to fork out for an expensive pre-made harness..

You can.

But with this thing you can just plug-and-play. As rs73 said we're not all handy with electrical stuff and getting it wrong could be catastrophic. It also lets you elegantly "return to stock" should you ever need to, since you don't have to cut any of the connectors etc.

I changed mine with JVC kw-805, it sounds way better than bose deck, but better to get an aftermarket amp to run it more power.

the stock bose has too much bass!!!

LOL this thread is becoming V35 air intake discussion and air pressure in your eardrum generated by SPL (sound pressure level) from the audio ha ha.

do you run your KW805 into stock bose amp the aftermarket amp or not use the bose amp alltogether? And stock speakers or aftermarket too?

LOL this thread is becoming V35 air intake discussion and air pressure in your eardrum generated by SPL (sound pressure level) from the audio ha ha.

do you run your KW805 into stock bose amp the aftermarket amp or not use the bose amp alltogether? And stock speakers or aftermarket too?

:D

i run with stock bose amp and speaker. The sound is more clear than before, but not much bass as stock bose.

I will put on aftermarket amp to see how it go.

I think it is standard on the V35's Skylines. I have an M35 Stagea though.....not standard on them! Don't know why either, as it has the same airbox...even has the hole with a removable plastic cover.

If you get the part no from Nissan FAST software I think you can order it through your local Nissan dealer, all they need is the part number. I think....