SAU Community

Tein Super Street Coilovers

Antone

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used Tein super streets in there skyline? What are they like?

Im thinking of getting some for my r32.

They are going for $1505 from http://www.nengun.com/tein/super-street this is the best price ive seen so far, has anyone delt with this Nengun before???

Ill be driving on road prob 70% of the time, and 30% track. And these sounded pretty good to suit my needs.....

Cheers

Ant.

Price up some from Slide on these forums, he sells them for a good price, but yeah Nengun is good to deal with.

I've been in a 180sx with some Tein Super Streets and was very impressed with the handling and overall feel of the suspension. I'm thinking of swapping my suspension for some Tein Super Streets some time this year.

I use the Super Street's in my R32, I have had them in now for about 18 months and havent had an issue, they're perfect for ride comfort (my car is a daily driver) as long as you dial the stiffness down a bit, but they give really good response and handling too.

I have used them for track events aswell and as long as you dial up the stiffness they're really good, they're not the best track suspension but they are meant to be used on the street aswell so they're a great compromise.

I cant fault them. :)

• 2 months later...

I'm also looking at getting a set to replace my Zeals.

Driving down Parramatta Road is punishment.

Anyone else had experience with them? Any one in Sydney with them willing to take me for a ride? :thumbsup:

Edited by Scandrew

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ja...ie-t207661.html

This is the thread I started not long ago! You really should search. Anyways, check it out! I am going to put my experience on there vary soon but to summerise = Jap spec are unbelievable! On full soft it is just a bit firmer than stock but not floaty at all. all the way to very hard and it handles like a go kart but you'll get sore after a while!

P.S. Never buy tiens for an R32 from slide! 4 failed delivery dates, impossible to get hold of and will not ever get back to you, very poor service when you finally do get hold of them. I did finally get them but a couple of very frustrating weeks late

I got my R34 Tein SS from Henry (RMS Motorsport) and I had no problems with it, good communication and advices.

As soon as the item arrived in Aus, Henry sent it to me from Melbourne to Adelaide on the same day and I get it on the next day. Woot woot.

Edited by hulk

Has any one compared the Super Streets to the Whitline/Bilsteins that Sydneykid sells? As in any one had a drive in both and would like to comment on a comparison?

I've driven both on the street-

Bilsteins-

Clearly a better ride on the street

Would be my choice for someone wanting great handling on Australian roads

Legal

Tiens-

Jap spec= illegal (aus spec might be ok though, not 100% sure)

Felt cheaper in the handling

Not over the top spring rates

Pillow tops squeek like a bitch (optional)

Cheap

Large height adjustment for someone wanting looks over handling

So obviously i prefered Bilsteins but thats not to say they are right for everyone.

Have aussie spec Tein SS on my 32 gtr. Drives beautiful on the street, not harsh/bumpy yet still firm enough. Did a track day and a little stiffer would have been better. Suspension place that did all the work set em up with a 'medium' setting for the street. No complaints so far

good info here - i too am trying to decide between coil overs and the sk groupbuy (but not the coilover option $++) with a preference for track ability at the expense of a little street comfort.

I'm also looking at getting a set to replace my Zeals.

Driving down Parramatta Road is punishment.

Anyone else had experience with them? Any one in Sydney with them willing to take me for a ride? :D

I found Liverpool road worse. :)

Possibley the worst road in NSW/Australia.

i thought they were a great street setup, firm yet comfortable with heaps of dampner and height adjustment. And for price, i couldnt ask for anything else

i've got a set of tein super streets for a r33 for sale (thought i would stick that in there lol), like new less than 5000km old if anyone is keen

Edited by R34GTFOUR

I've driven both on the street-

Bilsteins-

Clearly a better ride on the street

Would be my choice for someone wanting great handling on Australian roads

Legal

Tiens-

Jap spec= illegal (aus spec might be ok though, not 100% sure)

Felt cheaper in the handling

Not over the top spring rates

Pillow tops squeek like a bitch (optional)

Cheap

Large height adjustment for someone wanting looks over handling

So obviously i prefered Bilsteins but thats not to say they are right for everyone.

Care to clarify the legalm / illegal points? Doesn't sound right to me

What and Bilsteins are ADR? Actually, im going to shoot from the hip and say its all BS!!!!!!!!! So if you have a VR Commodore with worn shocks and you run down to Repco nad buy some Monroe Sensatrac etc for your car..... are they illegal?

I would love to know the supposed ADR which shocks are meant to comply with??????