SAU Community

New Supra/lexus

Roy

Look .. To tell you the truth whatever is going to spin out the granma driving the excel on a friday night on the highway when you trot past in a v10 F1 sounding car.. Sorry but just from the sound I think ill convert its way .. Or at least use the engine in the GTR..

I just gotta pull the cash out of my ass.

Edited by DECIM8

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Supra? Supra is out of production. Toyota/Lexus build a new sports car. To me its a replacement...who cares what they end up calling it. Whatever Honda call the NSX replacement it will also be compared to the GTR.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

mainImg.jpg

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_a.html

LF-A Sports Car Concept

The LF-A sports-car concept was originally shown at the 2005 NAIAS to express a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand. The goals for the new LF-A are no different than they were with the original concept: To build a supercar with world-class performance that is uniquely Lexus.

As with all new Lexus vehicles, the styling of the LF-A is rooted in a design direction called L-finesse. The concept of L-finesse was used to shape and detail the original LF-A, and it was used to reshape, redetail and redefine this latest version. Lexus has further refined the styling of the new LF-A to enhance its exotic nature with a greater use of curved surfaces and interesting details.

The running gear of the LF-A is just as it was with the original, powered by a high-revving 500-plus horsepower V10 engine. Its front mid-engine placement, along with a rear-mounted transaxle and rear-mounted radiators, allows for excellent weight distribution. The horsepower, superior aerodynamics, and revised styling make a top speed of 200 mph not only possible but probable.

An “F” logo, indicating the vehicle’s status as a part of the new “F” marque, is located on each front fender.

“The first LF-A was a pure concept, but one that we went so far as to conduct engineering analysis on,” said Carter. “This latest concept is much closer to a vehicle that we would bring to market, and one in which we will be gauging consumer interest.”

Lexus LF-A Preliminary Specifications

Powertrain

Engine: V10 (under 5.0 liters)

Horsepower: More than 500

Top Speed: Approximately 200 MPH

Tire Size

Front: 265/35R20

Rear: 305/30R20

Dimensions (inches)

Overall Length: 175.6

Overall Width: 74.6

Overall Height: 48.0

i *think* i read at a few places a $200K+ price tag, and i have a $250K AUD price in my head for some reason, i might have been doing conversions from suspected USD prices.

The 7.28 could have been ANYTHING, ie stripped out racer with 600hp. What are the specs of the Carrera GT to get the times it did??

I don't think Lexus will release a car in mass production that will be doing 7.28 Ring times and keeping it remotely close in $$ to the new GTR

From what I have recently read, Lexus/Toyota are struggling to get the 0-100km/h time under 4 secs. This is causing them delays however is extremely important to acheive when creating a supercar.

This really interested me given that it has supposedly done the ring in under 7.30, the handling, balance and braking must be phenominal.

Not a Supra? Supra is out of production. Toyota/Lexus build a new sports car. To me its a replacement...who cares what they end up calling it. Whatever Honda call the NSX replacement it will also be compared to the GTR.

The difference being, the New GTR, is the NEW GTR. It is not a Skyline however.

Similarly, the new Lexus, is not a Supra.

What you think of it is irrelevant, sorry to say, it doesn't change what it is or isn't.

Awesome car, but not a Supra.

Sweet Ride Id have to admit, sounds nice too.. But its all just speculation at this time. I honestly dont think this car is going to be faster than the GTR thats just my opinion. but I guess time will tell.

go the lexus supra. it would shit all over the new gtr.

if i had to choose between new gtr and the lexus supra...

welllll

as in my avatar.....nuff said.

viva le supra

Edited by r33cruiser

Does anyone have the confirmed time for this thing round the ring? it sounds friggin awesome and looks the part too...i don't care or not if its faster than the new gtr...both are equally impressive...imagine if you had both and you wake up in the morning only to be faced with the choice of what to drive to work...the gtr or the lfa...now thats life!!

says the man with a porche avatar and name.........

hahaha dude modena is a city in italy its where the ferrari factory is, strangely enough the car in his sig is also a ferrari - and whats a porche? isnt that what u have out front of ur house with chairs and stuff on it :)

i would choose an lf-a over a new gt-r because its a v10 and sounds so much like an f1 car.