SAU Community

Gtr Or Wrx Sti

Dude, if you want to be taken seriously, it's a sad fact that these guys will tear you apart unless you use correct grammar and spelling. It hurts the head to try and read a poorly scrawled request and most people will just poke fun instead. Couple with that the fact that every other day someone is asking if this car will beat this one and "my mate's car does this" and you can understand where they are coming from. If you're not sure, just test drive both and decide after, someone else's opinion may not be your cup of tea anyway so it's best to find these things out for yourself.

my 2 cents.

much what I was thinking.When you drive a skyline the amount of attention you get from Schoolboy warriors is unbelievable..Dont take the McDonalds comment to heart though as when i sold my skyline I must have had 3 or 4 guys about your age all working for McDonalds wanting to " test Drive " it..But hey doing Army time would have built up your cash...Be prepared to blow it all with the insane insurance quotes your gonna get being 19

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not wrong about insurance costs. When I was 17 I really wanted a skyline as my first car, did the research into insurance and it was just shy of $5000 a year after I turned 18. Bugger that! So I waited till I was 25 and just bought a lancer to get around in until that time.

What you could do is insure the car in ya mum/dads name and put you down as "Occasional" driver or something like that.

If the cars in say ya mum/dads name they might be more easier, cuz the insurance companies will probly think their not gona hoon it around everynight, "More Sensible" oohhh. Lol!

But if you do get the car in their name and you drive it most/all the time, you gota make sure any fines you get with that car, its gona cost them. SO DON'T MESS ABOUT! :P LOL or they would kick ya ass haha!

Kinda sucks when ya young and want a fast car. I gota friend who was 19 at the time and he bought a S13 Silvier and to insure in his dads name it was like $4500 and rating 5 through AAMI in Adelaide.

So go through Just Cars Insurance, which are underwriten by AAMI or do a ring around.

I heard Shannons are pretty good. Actually I got another friend who did exactly what I said. Insured his R32 GTS-T in his mums name with Shannons. He was 17 at the time and he was drifting it at Caulder Park till he was 18 so he could drive it on the streets.

well. they have been saying that school has been failing our students. he is only just out of school, or a drop out :S

Me Fail English? That's Unpossible!- Ralph Wiggum :)

hey all

i was recently in the run for a r34 gtr, or r32. an had a run in with the insurance company alot being that i 19 for the 34. So i was curious how does a sti my03 go?? cause my mates 1 is very fast yet i have never been in it?? cheers

If I understand you correctly - you're asking for opinions on an STI vs. GTR?

Firstly, I'd assume that any insurance company would have much the same issues with an STI as they do with a GTR.

Secondly, if I had to choose - I'd still choose a GTR over an STI any day... but then I guess it boils down on where and how you plan to drive it... I would imagine narrow/windy/twisty roads would favour the STI, for example.

If you're simply asking which one is quicker in a straight line... from memory they are fairly evenly matched - on paper at least anyway.

<snip>

They have very different power deliveries. Go drive both and see what you prefer.

This is a very good point... I also have a Subie (not an STI though) and it's a totally different proposition to my R34.

For this reason alone, you really, really want to drive both cars to appreciate how different the power delivery of the engines are.

Subies: lotsa revs = power

Skylines: lotsa torque across the rev range = power everywhere :)

like everyone else i think you have to have a test drive and a good sit down and ask your self if you can afford maintaining either or. how often will you be driving it and what happens to it when your off overseas again? are you able to bring it with you in a hercules? that would be pretty cool if you could, whack a parachute on it.

i respect subies, they are great car to drive. i have a thing for the liberty sti's as repeated they are two very different cars.

yeah i love both the cars but i keep hearin that gtr's are expensive cars to maintain?? havent really heard about maintainence with the sti?? any 1 know??

ohh an na mate i cant get the hurcs to bring her over would be alrite tho i guess

Not sure, but if so thats why the car is in his mums name.

Thats pretty funny.

With most companies these days, the premium is based off the age of the youngest driver, so either way, they would still be paying through the roof.

And these days, good luck putting a car like that in mum n dads name with an u/25 on, even better u/20!! :(

Justcars is pretty much your only option these days with that age.

^^Hehe!! Well I guess just put it in his mums name and don't even mension him. If cops ask whos car it is just say I took my mums car out and I don't have one :huh:

The thing with this is that if he had an accident, he/his parents would have to pay for all the damage! Much cheaper to insure with Justcar than not have insurance at all.

Just put the car's owner as his mum/dad, but put him down as a driver (for insurance).

Im 24 and for my GTR Just Car quoted me $1500 and Shannons was $3000.

Somehow I got a rating 1. Just Car will always be your best bet.

And dont even bother with a scooby.

Oh and my excess was $2400 on both

Edited by TezGT-R

Hehe!! Well I guess just put it in his mums name and don't even mension him. If cops ask whos car it is just say I took my mums car out and I don't have one

Actually,

then if there were a claim - the insurance company can turn around and decline it because they need to know ALL regular drivers, and being u/25 - thats a "large one" to them as they would have to fork out $$$$ for their own car and the other parties.