SAU Community

Gtr Or Wrx Sti

ud have to be nuts to go for a WRX, first theyre 4 door- not exactly a sports car, and i think from memory its got a 1.9 litre 6 cylinder engine in comparison to a 2.6 litre GTR the stocky RX has the same engine capacity as the WRX.... u figure it out u have turbo to boost it up and family car sized engine .... u figure it out

Ok hold up! A WRX is a 2 litre Boxter 4 engine (H4) Turbo Charge and the later model it was upped to a 2.5 ltire Boxter 4 engine (H4) Turbo Charge.

There were 2 door versions such as the Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B.

Cool!

Can someone tell me why you call sti wrx's subies.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

id go the R34 GTR if i was you mate

Subies = short for Subaru

A Rexy = WRX

Lazy talk, LOL!

OK back to cliffo_rb26dett

If you are 19 and could get a R34 GTR, HELL! GO FOR IT! WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?!

I had to wait 4 years till I got my R32 GTR.

When I was 19, stock R34 GTR's (not even V Spec's) were $110 000 if not $120 000.

GTR vs STi = 2 different cars.

Engine wise and each car will have its own characteristics.

Its up to you to test drive both and make a choice on what you preffer better.

I drove a R34 GTR V Spec then a friends Ford AU TE 50

AWD vs RWD

2.6 lt Inline 6 Twin Turbo vs 5 lt V8

The feel was totaly different, R34, I love the boost kick in feeling at the top end which I am use to and the TE 50's torque was a very big pull down low.

Each to their own.

Edited by (00)SKYLINE(00)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the funny thing is if we had this same thread in the rexy forum everyone would be saying the sti would shit all over the gtr!

the fact is (no matter how illiterate we are) we are always going to back the skyline.

Hey, well after alot of searching over seas, an when i returned i bought a r32 gtr. immaculant ill try get pics up of it, 460hp at all 4's very quick lumpy cams, awsome. Insurance only cost $2000 through just cars so it all worked out well.

• 1 month later...
Hey, well after alot of searching over seas, an when i returned i bought a r32 gtr. immaculant ill try get pics up of it, 460hp at all 4's very quick lumpy cams, awsome. Insurance only cost $2000 through just cars so it all worked out well.

Well, I do hope that you enjoy your wonderful car for years and years. Townsville you say? How's the road up the mountainside there? Twisty and Windy? Enjoy it!

You've made a great choice if the GTR is in good nick. Get a good mechanic who knows his GTRs... Don't skimp on services with oil changes every 5000Km

Perhaps some of the guys here on SAU can help with that info.

Oh Yes. Don't worry about some of the guys hacking into you about grammar. I must admit that initially I was laughing at you - but now I'm laughing with you...

I keep on telling my friends that I only bought my wife a BMW 'cause it's the only car she can spell !!

You seem like a really nice guy - and a good personality is something you can't pay $$$ for!

PM me if you're in Sydney and you can have a ride in my R34 (or if you prefer, the other one on the left hand side of the page)!

Cheers

Terry

• 1 month later...
i ran this through babelfish and i got

"gday guys, i was gonna get a 32 or a 34 gtr (massive price difference) but the insurance companies wouldn't touch me with dog sh*t on a stick. I am now considering a My03 STI and wonder how much will it get bent over by a GTR. My mate has an MY03 STI and I think it is very fast but I wouldn't know because of the fact that he is my friend but he never lets me sit in his car because of a restraining order.

Cheers"

good old babelfish aye

f*k that was the best laugh ive had all day and l laugh a f*kin lot tears mate f*kin tears

i ran this through babelfish and i got

"gday guys, i was gonna get a 32 or a 34 gtr (massive price difference) but the insurance companies wouldn't touch me with dog sh*t on a stick. I am now considering a My03 STI and wonder how much will it get bent over by a GTR. My mate has an MY03 STI and I think it is very fast but I wouldn't know because of the fact that he is my friend but he never lets me sit in his car because of a restraining order.

Cheers"

good old babelfish aye

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! same here that was some funny shit.. i almost woke my brother up (yeah we share a room, laugh it up) with my laughing!!!

well said