SAU Community

Wireless Internet Providers In Japan

etbenno

Hello Everybody :glare:

Well in a few days im leaving for Japan and Ive been trying to find a wireless internet provider pre paid preferably or contract I can use while im there it seems to be quite a mission to try and organise it while im here ill be staying in Nagoya if thats any help to anyone.

I was hoping to be organised so i can use the net as soon as im there.

Even any numbers or websites of providers I can get onto when i'm there.

Cheers for any help

Ben

Check (if you live in usa): Kroger Weekly Ad, or Myer catalogue.

If you are in a busy spot or near the station, cafe... you will get YahooBB Free Wireless. Ive alwasy used it when im out. Dont need to pay or sign up, just log on.

Hope that helps.

yeah, just turn on your wireless and hit connect. most macdonalds have free wireless too as do starbucks and the like. or if you are lucky someone in the vicinity of where you are staying will have unsecured net you can 'utilise'...

A lot of places have "hotspot" service too.

You can buy a card for 500yen from convience store and it lasts 24 hours.

Works over your wireless connection, the card has teh ssid and username / password.

dude this is Japan. land of the rising multiple password unprotected wirless internet connections. I havent paid for internet in about 2.5 years now. And ive been downloading about 10 gigs a week in that time. you should be able to get onto someones internet connection in any builtup area anywhere in japan. near peoples house, shops, stations... the park anywhere. I dont understand why people here dont always use a password. . .

near peoples house, shops, stations... the park anywhere. I dont understand why people here dont always use a password. . .

lol... the honour system in it's most vunerable state...

• 3 years later...

I have a need of wireless connection.I am moving to japan.My existing internet provider is DSL flatrate My existing connection is cheap and running good.Now i require that same provider connection will work in japan.How these both connections will work finely in japan?

For More informmation of My Internet Provider Visit: internet anbieter and dsl anbieter

Edited by oscar1