Tired Of Hearing About The Weight.

BIGS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly but its these same people who complain about the weight who wouldn't sacrifice leather, AC and stereo either not to mention sound deadening lol

Edited by BIGS

dont a lot of ppl on here complain about the weight of Commodores etc ? even with a Vspec - its still going to be over 1600kg.

to me it doesnt matter..ill eventually get one because damn, its just SO CHeap for a car that is that great and two - ill be using it to drive around normally on the freeway, not on a race track. ive got no problem with a car being heavy if its just used on the street - but for a race car...you cant tell me that 1740kg isnt a LOT heavier than it should be - regardless of how light it feels or the numbers it runs..

Its doing the times with that weight and supposedly it doesnt feel its weight so no one can alk until they have driven one at least.... although it would be nice if it weighed 1500kg :P

ok ill shut up about the weight until after ive driven the car this weekend. :sorcerer: :P

Exactly but its these same people who complain about the weight who wouldn't sacrifice leather, AC and stereo either not to mention sound deadening lol

By the way..its not the AC, sound deadening and leather that makes the car weigh so much..its all the electronic hardware systems theyve packed into it.

These shots should give you a basic idea.

post-33653-1201761388_thumb.jpg

post-33653-1201761396_thumb.jpg

Its also physically a very big car. Bigger than i thought it would be. Im sure the body itself weighs quite a bit.

Yeh I know why it weighs as much as it does, but the V-spec is going to weigh a little less due to probably a lack of what I mentioned previously. Basically what I'm trying to say is its a street car first and foremost so why worry about the weight if it can still hall arse. Hell even the European exotics aren't all that light.

Let us know how the test drive goes Adam >_<

tbh id rather it be a "heavy" comfy daily that can go from 100kph - 200kph and overtake on the freeway decently then be a lightened track warrior that jarrs your teeth and feels rattly...

but then again i dont do track racing events..if i did it buy an Ariel atom instead...

Yeh I know why it weighs as much as it does, but the V-spec is going to weigh a little less due to probably a lack of what I mentioned previously. Basically what I'm trying to say is its a street car first and foremost so why worry about the weight if it can still hall arse. Hell even the European exotics aren't all that light.

Let us know how the test drive goes Adam :D

yeah ill do that - gonna hook it up next monday night -but ill probably post it in the wasteland...dont want another grilling on starting a useless thread in this section. I mean who would want to know what i thought the car was like to drive anyway, lol. :D

Edited by m3gtr

$1.61/L for Shell VPR fuel. 1700kg+ and TT 3.8L ???? Yikes ! :D

Anyone who complains about the cost of fuel clearly can't afford one so what does it matter. This is not a dig at you Roy as i am sure you already know with your cars how much fuel they consume :D

Doesnt matter how fast car get from A to B the feeling of driver satisfaction (grin factor) and enjoyment are what where it is at for a road going sport car.. Some people call it transient dynamics. People who own MX5 and other variants of euro sports will know what myself and others talking about. The lacks of weight will deliver what I'm trying to explain..

I dont for one second donot dispute that it is a fast car, but in real life and livingwith one, it has to be able to deliver more than just that..

For the record I dont believe the Vspec or what ever spec nissan decides to deliver will shave anywhere near 200kgs of this car and chances are it's gonna be closely costed to the euro exotic...

yeah ill do that - gonna hook it up next monday night -but ill probably post it in the wasteland...dont want another grilling on starting a useless thread in this section. I mean who would want to know what i thought the car was like to drive anyway, lol. :D

me and the underside of my desk would like to lodge an offical complaint about your display picture

You should try talking to the ppl in the USA about the new GTR on the other forums. They nitpick the shit out of the car and can't understand how the GTR is fast that a Porsche 911 Turbo / Corvette.

They argue about NRing times and saying the tyres they used were "Cut-slicks" (Cheater tyres). The car weights more and has a similar amount of power out put and is still faster than a 911 Turbo and Corvette.

Also cuz the car as driving aids such as you can adjust the suspension in 3 types of setting and has a "Launch Control" you can select.

You should try talking to the ppl in the USA about the new GTR on the other forums. They nitpick the shit out of the car and can't understand how the GTR is fast that a Porsche 911 Turbo / Corvette.

Don't worry, they'll be conVRted soon enough... :)

yeah ill do that - gonna hook it up next monday night -but ill probably post it in the wasteland...dont want another grilling on starting a useless thread in this section. I mean who would want to know what i thought the car was like to drive anyway, lol. :)

Lets be fair dude, remember the response you posted to Sewids review after he drove one? or should I quote it for you.