SAU Community

Car Thieves.. Bit Of Karma..

Yidz

Didn't happen in NSW, but with all the problems going on in Sydney with stolen cars, thought I would post what you can call Karma...

I mean, you shouldn't wish death upon anyone, but you sure find it hard to have too much sympathy for these guys..

TWO men have died after they held up a man at knifepoint on the Gold Coast and stole his car only to plough it into a semi-trailer 10 minutes later.

The horrifying sequence of events, which began at the Stockland West Burleigh shopping centre and ended at Worongary about 7.10pm, has shattered the lives of two families and shocked the truck driver and emergency crews.

The dead men, believed to be in their early 20s, held up a man who was standing outside the shopping centre about 7pm, stealing his wallet and Ford Falcon XR6 and fleeing the scene.

The men drove on to the Pacific Motorway and headed north towards Nerang.

Police put out an alert for the stolen vehicle, but were not pursuing it.

Police said the two dead men were an 18-year-old man from Daisy Hill and a 20-year-old man from Loganholme. The fatalities took the region's road toll to six and the state's to 32 this year.

The truck driver was not injured in the incident but paramedics treated him at the scene for shock.

Acting Inspector Peter Doyle said the vehicle was travelling at extremely high speeds when the driver lost control and skidded across the median strip, directly into southbound traffic.

"About 7pm a robbery occurred with a knife at a shopping centre at West Burleigh where a vehicle was stolen," said Acting Insp Doyle.

"It appears that the vehicle was travelling north on the M1 when it lost control and hit the path of the oncoming traffic in the southbound lanes ... into the path of a semi-trailer.

"Early investigations are that the car was travelling at speed, well and truly over 100km/h.

"Certainly you can see from the skid marks that it's gone sideways at some stage and into the path of the oncoming traffic. It's probably become somewhat airborne when it hit the drain."

Insp Doyle said the driver of the vehicle survived the impact and was taken by ambulance to hospital, but died a short time later

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, you shouldn't wish death upon anyone, but you sure find it hard to have too much sympathy for these guys..

Thats it, I mean if they didnt premeditate the robbery and theft and being criminals, they'd be alive...

God riddance. I am just glad these guys did not kill any familys with them.

I am glad they are gone, what stopping them car jacking any of us ? I think the best penalty for these guys is death and i am glad they did not take anyone else with them.

Sad for the Truck driver, hopefully he will get over it. I hate car thieves though..........scum got what they deserved. The real sad thing is that the car wasnt full of thieves.

so true, should wipe out 5 at a time.

Feel sorry for the truckie now, who's going to fix his truck? I don't think the XR6's insurance company is going to pay out.

Feel sorry for the truckie now, who's going to fix his truck? I don't think the XR6's insurance company is going to pay out.

If my understanding is correct, his insurance will pay and as he can prove he wasn't at fault together with the fact that he can identify the person at fault... he shouldn't have to pay the excess. But if I'm wrong, he'll have to pay the excess - Assuming he is insured of course.

wow, you guys are some pretty stone cold folk. they are dead, because they stole a car and you think it's funny? they were fking 18 and 20. talk about a life wasted. I mean sure, car theft sucks (and yes I have had one $35,000 car stolen from me before), but I certainly don't wish death on the theives because of it. I reckon all you guys would do well in certain states of america where the death penalty is still enforced, perhaps you could even lobby for it to be applied to car theft.

I feel very sorry for these blokes family's. sure, they did an awful stupid thing, but I personally don't believe they deserved to die for it.

they were fking 18 and 20. talk about a life wasted.

Looks to me like they were wasting thier lives anyway, being criminal scum and all. Now we wont have to give them our tax money to support them......

^^ That's true. Insurance generally pays if the other guy doesnt have insurance. (Presuming your not at fault)

Generally being the key word!

My GF's step dad owned 3 trucks. was parked LEGALLY on side of road in city.

When a drunk NON-australian citizen obviously un licensed un registerd and uninsured

plows into the front of said truck,wrote both truck and car off,drunk bloke was in a coma until he woke up and legged it. = no insurance = loss of said truck(brand new mind you)

Yes what a waste of a life......bumming around never doing anything positive,just steal other peoples things,usually goes hand in hand with alot of other bad things.

Simple....Dont do the crime if you cant do the time or in their case ...Dont steal a car if you cant drive for sh!t.

lol.. Sorry Michele, but that just sounds funny.

I see the funny side of that now... what I meant was 'at worst' - actually, I had 'at worst' in there and realised that the real 'at worst' would be him not having insurance at all and so I took it out without realising it changed the context a little :P