SAU Community

Oops I Stripped It ....

that is actually one of hte better ones.

Fun isnt it!! I sat in the car while one of the guys pulled apart half the dash to get mine out. The cdplayer and tape deck combo have now been sent off to clarion to see if there is any hope in hell of repairing the deadly "cd error f0" code i have.

Dont like my chances as everything ive read shows up with it being kaput.

Sorry for the hijack, just reminded me of what my car looked like about a month ago!

Laine

wow...hope you can piece that back together without any scratches lol...

btw...how good are the bose systems in these cars?? Are they as good a quality as their home theatre systems?? I'm contemplating getting a V35 GT-8 possibly soonish..:banana:

btw...how good are the bose systems in these cars?? Are they as good a quality as their home theatre systems?? I'm contemplating getting a V35 GT-8 possibly soonish.. :D

Others might disagree but I think the Bose is fantastic for a stock system. I'm usually one to upgrade systems straight away when I buy a car, but a year later, I still have the stock system. It still takes my doof doof, no audible distortion, just needs some dynamat in a few places to make it sound tighter. Go the GT-8!

keep in mind the stock bose setup runs

nissan head unit

bose amp

2 rear parcel shelf bose speakers 6*9"

2 rear seat bose speakers

2 front door bose speakers 6.5"

2 front door tweaters

the sedan also has a sub i think doesn't it?

not bad for a stock system, certainly would cost a fair bit to put together this kind of quality off the shelf of an audio store. the only way you'd get better imo is adding top quality items and unless you are into audio massivley you probably wouldn't notice the difference

I actually went and test drove a 350 gt-8 sedan today and brought along one of my R&B Cds...and the bose system rocks! And yes..the rear parcel shelf has a sub too....pity a bloody child restraint was fitted straight thru the speaker grills!

keep in mind the stock bose setup runs

nissan head unit

bose amp

2 rear parcel shelf bose speakers 6*9"

2 rear seat bose speakers

2 front door bose speakers 6.5"

2 front door tweaters

the sedan also has a sub i think doesn't it?

not bad for a stock system, certainly would cost a fair bit to put together this kind of quality off the shelf of an audio store. the only way you'd get better imo is adding top quality items and unless you are into audio massivley you probably wouldn't notice the difference

its does. 8" version with an amplifier strapped to it. I still reckon I could do better :no: but for stock it works quite well.

Jon,

they pull the sub out , put a bracket over it drill the hole and put a kidbolt there. watched them do one today.