SAU Community

Transmission Lubricants

Sydneykid

For a sticky.............................

What we use;

4WD Transfer = Castrol Transmax Z

Automatic Transmission = Castrol Transmax Z

Manual Transmission = Castrol Syntrans 75W-85 or Castrol Syntrax 75W-90

Differential = Castrol SAF-XA

Cheers

Gary

Hi Sydney Kid

Thanks for your info on lubes.

Do you know, or can you point me where I can find oil volumes, for routene maintanence M35 Stagea.

VQ25DET, 5 speed auto, front and rear diffs and anything else that might be important.

Thank you

Murray

• Like 1

aaahh... just what i need. I have steering rack binding issues, highly annoying and first step was changing power steering fluid.

have heard good things about Castrol Transmax Z

don't mind spending good $$ on this, can you get better than Castrol for power steering fluid?

a brake fluid thread would be handy as well, hint hint ;)

SK, you have PM :)

nope, he races GTRs, I break race GTRs.

but anyway - I'ev tried a heap of fluids because I'vehad ongoing braking problems and the motul and agip have been the best. Other ones I've tried are AP racing, castrol, caltex (of all things), lucas. All of the others have performed worse than the motuland cost more.

This is for pretty extreme use, but since you can get the motul at a good price I can't see a reason not to use it in a road car as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For a sticky.............................

Hi Gary

mi name is valentin and i have a nissan skyline gtr r33 year 1996 i wanna to know how many of liter of oil are need to put in mi gear box i use here in mi country dominicain republic a motul 75w90 mechany syntheny, i wanna to how many liter are need to put in mi gear box , the gear box is empty because i chance, please help me about this information because tomorow a gonna to put this transmission thanks for all....

What we use;

4WD Transfer = Castrol Transmax Z

Automatic Transmission = Castrol Transmax Z

Manual Transmission = Castrol Syntrans 75W-85 or Castrol Syntrax 75W-90

Differential = Castrol SAF-XA

Cheers

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Subie, Castrol Syntrans 75w-90 :whistling:

Crack the filler bolt (to make sure you can actually fill the damn thing), then remove the draining bolt and allow it to drain.

You can then get a pumping tool to pump the transmission fluid from the bottle to the filler hole.

You should fill until the fluid reaches the filler hole, it's designed to take only the right amount of fluid (when on level ground!!).

If you cant get the filler bolt undone for some reason, you can always remove the transmission lever from inside the car, and pour down the hole there, and from memory (the GTST box I used in my 180sx) took 2.5 litres of fluid, but someone else can confirm that.

B.

• 2 weeks later...

just got my self a r33 gtr, and am going to do all oils on it and am wondering how many litres would roughly be needed for

diff

gearbox

4wd transfer

attessa

as i don't want to drain it and find out i don't have enough oil as it my only car at the moment.

cheers mitch

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• What a major headfk! I was looking into a Speedtek gearset, after reading your experiences & you pointing out PRP removed them from their website, it's pretty evident to avoid them with the longest pole possible.
    • Hey Guys Im thinking of selling my dedicated track car (Cannot be registered), and car trailer. Thought Id put it up here 1st to give you guys first option, before advertising it elsewhere   Car is a 10/1993 Nissan Skyline HCR32 R32 GTST (Cannot be registered), Dedicated Track Car. Interior stripped bar factory dash RB20DET motor/5 Speed Manual 6 Point Bolt in “Bond” Roll Cage Drivers Seat is a Racing bucket seat, standard passenger seat 5 Stud Hub conversion F/R, Intima Track/Race Pads, DBA T3 Club Spec vented rotors. 17 Inch Rims with 245/45/17 Nitto NT01 Semi Slicks, Rims are 8 inch front, 9 inch rear Brake lines replaced with GKTeck Hard Lines Custom Oil/Air Separator, with sump drain 5L custom Catch Can, with built in Radiator Overflow Tank Boost Doc Cam Splash Plates Brand New Pulsar G30-770 Turbo with custom tubular high mount exhaust manifold, Cat removed, 3 inch exhaust with screamer pipe 45mm Turbosmart wastegate GFB Electronic Boost Controller Front facing plenum Big Intercooler with R35 MAF New Radiator and Thermo fan  LS2 Coil Upgrade on custom rail 1000cc injectors/ 460L fuel pump direct wired to battery/running straight E85 Battery relocation behind passenger seat, Gel Battery, with isolation switch  Nistune ECU (Needs to be retuned for new turbo kit, Around $800 for the tune) Headlights replaced with custom Aluminium duct and a shed of various spare parts hahaha and a heap other things I cant think of right now In Car video at Wakefield Park https://youtu.be/757a75mzIvI Trailer is a Mario Car Trailer – Beaver Tail, 2T capacity, Tare 650KG, Carrying Capacity 1350KG. Dont really have any pics of trailer bar the 2 attached lol I was looking for around the $25K mark for the R32 and trailer, but happy to consider separating Ranger may also be for sale for the right price, Never been offroad, 4wd only used for reversing the trailer on grass  lol Not interested in trades. Let me know if you want and more info or pics   new setup at idle.mp4
    • Yeah the Drift R wheels look awesome. They are pitted though, wonder if I can fix that somehow.
    • I picked up my diff today. Both their shop manager and machinist wanted to have a chat prior to me leaving. Conversation started with "Where did you buy these garbage parts? What's the name of the company?" They actually went on Speedtek's website during our conversation and made what I think is the best gear head joke I've ever heard after seeing they make straight cut gears. "They've probably only gotten away with selling straight cut gears as they'll make noise whether they're properly machined or not. People are none the wiser" The humor made the 2500$ in the hole I'm in after this whole experience a little better lol. They also pointed out that not only did they find identical issues on both ring and pinions that Speedtek had sent, but that by eye you can see the pinion teeth do not have the same profile from one end to the other.  They went on about this being the worst diff job they've ever done and how it was a colossal waist of time. Luckily after mentioning how I purchased another diff to learn how to assemble them, they were nice enough to give me a crash course on diff assembly on another diff they were currently doing. I like to tell myself they did this to be nice but deep down, I know it's to be extra certain they'll never see me there again lol.  Speedtek was pushing for a store credit but I'll never feel confident purchasing from them again due to their third world machining techniques and QC. I just asked for a full monetary refund.  I'll pop the diff back in this Friday and take it for a spin if the streets are clear of snow. 
    • Hey any chance you still have this for sale or know someone that could help me out with tuning my stagea?