SAU Community

M35 Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

• 4 weeks later...
interested in exhaust but do not want a loud exhaust, just better flow. maybe an impossible ask but I will try to find it. also cost is a factor as I would like to keep it in the budget.

Cheers

Andy

Hey guys,

Had my Legalis exhaust and Kakimoto front pipe fitted (FINALLY!) on Saturday.

The wait was killing me, but you can't really argue with $1650 supplied and fitted.

It sits a tad lower on my car, about 10mm - and for those exhaust lovers, it looks awesome

Sounds a bit deeper than my mates although not louder.

Makes a TON of difference with the power delivery...

Full boost is later in the Rev range (around 3,800rpm), although I have a sneaking suspicion that it is much higher than 10psi and goes strong right up to redline, doesn't seem to taper off at all (and it gets there easily too.... maybe a bit too easily)

The car really seems to make effortless power now.

A good example is a hill I have in the way to work, it comes downhill into a sweeping left hander at the bottom, then climbs up at about 40 degrees for around 200m then tapers off for a further 200(ish)m at roughly 30 degrees... I always come out of the corner and hit the incline at ~90kph

In the past, I would reach the 30 degree part, I would have to gradually add throttle and the car would have to shift gear to make sure that I was still doing 50kph at the top.

This morning I took the corner at 90kph as usual, but I didn't have to add throttle to make it all the way up! I was also doing 65kph when I hit the top of the hill.

Just fantastic. (I just hope that made sense )

I would be interested to get it on the Dyno to see how much of an improvement over the previous 140awkw it has made... But I think it will have to wait until after the wedding.

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread. Copied the Legalis R thread.

Edited by iamhe77

• 7 months later...
Thanks to the owner I had the M35 Stagea back on the hoist today and all is well in the swaybar fitting, no problems after 1000k's plus. So they are now released for sale. The Selbys Swaybar recomended retail prices will be $300 for the front adjustable and $275 for the rear adjustable. The Group Buy prices will have the usual 20% discount applied, so they will be $240 for the front adjustable and $220 for the rear adjustable. If you buy both front and rear bars at the same time, that price ($460) includes delivery. Non adjustables are also available at RRP's of $275 for the front and $240 for the rear. The Group Buy prices will also have the usual 20% discount applied, so they will be $220 for the front and $192 for the rear. If you buy both front and rear bars at the same time, that price ($412) also includes delivery.

As usual, delivery is 2 working days from order. Payment is required at the time of placing the order and I can do credit card, just PM me the details, or bank transfer to;

Account Name Jamex Australia

Bank StGeorge Bank

BSB 332-086

Account No 551029694

PM me the transfer receipt number and we are underway.

Please don't forget to send me full name and address for the order plus a contact phone number for the courier in case they need directions or instructions if no one is home.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers

Gary

I know its been a while since this topic was talked about, but i was wanting to know if the front and rear sway bars are still available for the m35 stagea? I tried to pm sydneykid but his inbox is full :)

If so, would they be group buy price or recomended retail price???

I don't think he is still in business unfortunatley.

I went to visit him and was told that he no longer owned the business. Not sure if the new owners are making any swaybars.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Cheers

Andy

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On the topic of suspension, where do I get Front Castor bushes from for my 03 Stagea ARX?

I'd try getting in touch with Wholesale Suspension in Penrith, They've fitted coilover kits to quite a few M35's, and have good alignment settings for them too. They have also done a bit of work with r35 GTR camber adjustment bushings. Steve is very knowledgable regarding all things suspension.

• 3 months later...

I know SydneyKid (Gary) doesn't work at his current place of work making the selby's swaybars, but is there any chance of finding out whether they still make these? Price was freaken fantastic!

He pops up every now and then, but pretty random, one of the other guys put up a number for Todd Selby, whom I'm intending to contact on Monday about the possibility of a run of these. I've been pretty slack about this but there's a lot of new owners recently, so I'll see what they say...

He pops up every now and then, but pretty random, one of the other guys put up a number for Todd Selby, whom I'm intending to contact on Monday about the possibility of a run of these. I've been pretty slack about this but there's a lot of new owners recently, so I'll see what they say...

Agreed... very slack Dale.. :dry:

Agreed... very slack Dale.. :dry:

Yeah, yeah... lol.

Getting flanges for stage one next week, been a shocker of a couple of weeks. Pics soon.

Cheers, Dale

• 7 years later...