SAU Community

2008 V8 Supercar Season

evil_weevil

Steven is just another Brad Jones - been there awhile and people recognise him but will never ever win a race on outright speed.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steven is just another Brad Jones - been there awhile and people recognise him but will never ever win a race on outright speed.

i agree.....

to make racing more exciting they should bring back the "reverse grid", at

least the top 10

spoken like a man who owes SAU a naked run down conrod.

as does my wife for that matter :D

I also think Ford should have dropped DJR a number of years ago (who cares if Dick has been with Ford for 35yrs, he hasnt got any results in the last 5yrs).

You mean apart from the round they won at Eastern Creek this year? And the podium at the AGP. Oh and last years Bathurst result.

But yeah, other than 6 Touring car championships, three Bathurst wins, not to mention the Sandown victories and any number of other non championship wins.

Well there were the djr badged road cars dating back to the XE turbo in 1983 admittedly.

And no end of positive publicity & legions of fans.

So clearly Ford are better of spending money advertising in the Womens Weekly or whatever they are pissing away their advertising spend on.

You mean apart from the round they won at Eastern Creek this year? And the podium at the AGP. Oh and last years Bathurst result.

But yeah, other than 6 Touring car championships, three Bathurst wins, not to mention the Sandown victories and any number of other non championship wins.

Well there were the djr badged road cars dating back to the XE turbo in 1983 admittedly.

And no end of positive publicity & legions of fans.

So clearly Ford are better of spending money advertising in the Womens Weekly or whatever they are pissing away their advertising spend on.

ROFL,,,Womens Weekly

I'm with you mate,,,I like Steven and after talking to Dick some years ago at Wakefield,,,he's on my cool list as well. I was very dissapointed DJR didn't get funding and really haven't had much for some years.

I wondered what ford would have done when DJR were in the shit with funding last year and before. now we know,,,absolutley nothing.

The Vodaphone team I couldn't care less about,,,Mr Dane is just a rude pommy turd. Pity Loundsey's one of his drivers.

Will Kane Scott have a drive next year,,,I think NOT. I'd put him in the "David Thexton" class.

Australian Hillclimb Champs are on the 7/8/9th November and I will need a pit crew. Any takers? cough cough Benm/Kel.

Neil.

Nah mate,,,two weeks from memory,,,Queensland Raceway.

Buggered if I'll be stting in a chair,,,I'll do a spot of promo and get as many camera's there as possible. What about we make some stickers for my car. "Runs Down Conrod Tonight,,,featuring Ballesy Benm and The One and only Donut Princess". Time to get fit you two,,,remember the faster you run the faster it's over.

Neil.

oh yippee. laps of the paperclip. and hidden valley. and sandown. and hamilton. I can't remember the last time someone overtook someone else.

somehow these guys manage to get to all the good tracks. nice work cockrain

Hi all

For me the V8s are a bit boring now. Im not sure why it is but they just dont do it for me anymore. Even through ive been a Lowndes fan the whole time.

Lately ive been watching the DTM, just to keep my tintop sanity.

The V8s need to let new manu in to spice it up. The days of Holden vs Ford are well and truly over.

I just spent one of the most boring days of my life at qld raceway. We left early as nobody could stand it any longer. Just an endless session if cars in race colours in the same formation from start to finish.

I will never do that again. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was up there last sunday for the 2nd and 3rd race at Winton. It's a good place for viewing. Only that there weren't enough big screens. Support catagories were good too.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd dig up this old thread since the Enduro's are about to start this weekend and I heard last night that there is a completely new quali system for Phillip Island (not sure if it is being used for Bathurst as well??)

But from what I was told (although I'm not sure how acurate this all is) quali for PI is going to be based upon 2 x 14 lap sprint races on the Saturday with qualifying based upon a total points from the 2 races. But there are a couple of little twists. Firstly both drivers have to drive one race each but they can pick which race each one drives in. And secondly apparently over the 2 races you only have to do one total pit-stop and again I think you can choose which race you do it in. If all that is actually true that will certainly mess things up a bit and it will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the end.

Bahhh bring back the 1 lap dash qualifying system (for F1 as well).

I want to see the fastest car/driver/team at the front of the grid, not the team with the best strategy or best race pace or best tyre control or least held up I want to see the guy that can punt out the quickest time over 1 flying lap!

yeah, and poor old richards/winterbottom had a good shot at winning but made the wrong choice on tyres. Steve still drove really well, only coming off twice on slicks even in those appalling conditions.

but it just goes to show again that to win an enduro, all you need is the fastest sprint car and be is in the top 5 when the safety car comes out 20min from the end

the new qualifying idea wa interesting. I think perhaps they should do this 2 X 14 lapper, then still run the top 10 shootout for the guys with the 10 highest points totals. it just adds a little bit of theatre and drama to the end of the day.

I was happy to see skaife get a win, sorry that it was at lowndes's expense though. skaife must be the most hated bloke in V8 but I still love the silly old bugger. good on you skaifey!

and Bathurst of course will be awesome. it wouldn't matter what you race there or who is driving it, bathurst is always worth some time on the couch. :banana: