SAU Community

[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

I'm trying to start some intrest in a group buy on Shafts.

i need to get 10 to get the price of $1400Us delivered which is a great price!!!

The Us dollar is looking great for buyers so hopefully we can get the numbers up quick!

I beleive they will be making the shafts for any length so any model will be good to go!

The price is 1400us delivered if we can get 10!

I will keep this running for as long as possible as i want 10 done!

the price for under 10 will be arouind 1500us without delivery which is about 250 each.

List:

Angus Smart

manage13

Merli

Mr. Keets

NIZ-26T

Edited by Angus Smart

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops sorry about that

its from ACPT in the Unites States.

i beleive they make shafts for trust and someothers..

Cheers

Andrew

I just placed an order for 2 with James at ACPT...This is an excellent Group buy.

Just a couple of day late....I will e-mail James to see if these 2 can be added....but doubt it.

Phillip

I just placed an order for 2 with James at ACPT...This is an excellent Group buy.

Just a couple of day late....I will e-mail James to see if these 2 can be added....but doubt it.

Phillip

Oh nice, well i think it will take a few months to get the numbers up.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Gt...80&start=80

is where the discussion for these spawned! we wernt too sure if 10 would be able to happen.

Andrew count me in for 1 but I'll only have the funds available in 2 or 3 months. Will that be ok?

Hopefully it will take about that much time to get the numbers up :)

but your on the list :P And pray our dollar gets stronger, and theirs weaker!

Edited by Angus Smart

how much do they weigh ?

I'll email them today, and get some more information from James

Here's a reply i have just in now.

"These shafts are rated for 1000 ft/lbs of torque. I can also make a high

horsepower application that is $100 more per shaft and will hold up to 2000

ft/lbs of torque."

i replied with a question about weight, and also as i need an odd length shaft questions about that.

Stuff it! I'll take one at US$1400.00. Does that include delivery to the West?

Hey mate, i beleive the delivery is to anywhere, as i beleive they are bieng sent seperate.

Sweeet, we're almost half way there! tho there are a few who are not so sure yet..

Edited by Angus Smart

.........hmmmmm... Put me down for "partial interest" Angus.. ie if you've got 9 and you need the 10th, I could be in. I am sitting on the fence about this because although I understand that rotational mass makes more of a difference than just removing weight, the tailshaft isn't very big in diameter.. And it doesn't do big revs in 1st, 2nd etc.. so I am a bit perplexed as to if it would make a 'noticable difference'.. having said that I read somewhere else that some think it makes quite a lot of diffence. What am I missing?

Has anyone here actually put one on and done an A-B comparison? I'd be keen to know..

GTR-STI, have you noticed an actual difference?

Giant?

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully the attached picture will entise a few extras for you.

They are normally $1700US....this is a great group buy.

post-3052-1205378268_thumb.jpg

Hey mate,

Thanks for posting the pic... I assume that this is the ACPT one?

From that pic though, it looks like a metal shaft (I think I can see welding at one end?) with a carbon sleeve over it?

Can you confirm, and/or if at all possible upload a better/high-res photo?

Cheers,

Andrew.

:D