SAU Community

[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what the weight difference is between the big and little one?

Bugger it

Im in

was going to ask the same thing. for the extra 100bucks it sounds worth it.

by the way, what sort of setup will make 1000 FOOT/POUNDS of torque? let alone 1000Nm?

anyone know what sorta torque a T51R will make, seeing as thats about as big as anyones likely to run?

So we have like five? plus a possible. Any price break for five Andrew

i think i have a few more who have jus contacted me via pm, so i will message everyone when i think i have the numbers and see whos man enough :thumbsup:

but there was no chance on price break :D he said 10 or singles for the price i mentioned in the first post + delivery

is this still on?

would the advantage of the bigger one be when dumping the clutch? especially in gtr's?

i *might* be keen as i need a new tailshaft. so f**k it put me down as an almost definate.

yes it has me thinking that the bigger one would be better suited to brutal launches. 100bucks for extra piece of mind is worth it for me.

out of curiosity has anyone heard of anyone breaking one of these?

I knew I heard of these guys before and I went to find out where... There is a bloke from the Netherlands (whos a member on alltrac.net and ozcelica.com) who has purchased a prop from these guys and is yet to install it. It is for a 91 CS Group A Celica.

If you can get this for a 91 Celica GT4 let me know

Update: ACPT carbon fiber propshaft! B)

The original prop weighs in at 45+ lbs (20.41+ kg) according to guys on Alltrac.net, this one is 7.26 kg and 1 piece instead of 3 for the stocker. That means less rotating mass and less drivetrain losses, nice!

The carbon shaft has a fiberglass(glass fiber) coating to protect it from whatever it's exposed to underneath a car.

It has a 1,000tq rating, so should be enough for a while.

ACPT is a US company btw, which is in the carbon propshaft scene for over 30 years now. They make these shafts for everything, from 36 tonnes garbagetrucks to dragsters. They also produce the shafts for TRUST and HKS for over 10 years now, so keeping in mind I want to use as much Jap parts as possible, this propshaft is still semi JDM.

Pics:

acptpropshaft.jpg

Rear diff side:

acptpropshaft2.jpg

Front:

acptpropshaft3.jpg

acptpropshaft4.jpg

acptpropshaft5.jpg

Edited by Silly-Karr

"The 2000hp shaft is about 3

lbs heavier than the 1000 hp shaft. We will ship these individually to the

customers if you would like to do it that way or we can ship them all to one

place. Let me know what is easier for you as far as shipping goes"

that should get everyones questions answered!

ok i am going to get this underway right now,

everyone expect pm's

Also let me know which shaft you want (rating) and what car its for.

:laugh:

Edited by Angus Smart

Very close i think i have more than 10.. but a few are leaving :P

i'll obviously wait till we have 10 100% confirmations before i collect

but its still

1400us for 1000ft pounds or 1500us for 2000ft pounds

all prices in Usd, and prices include Postage!

Cheers'

Andrew