[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

My shafts haven't arrived yet.

The photo's attached are of the ACPT Carbon shaft.

I was sent these pic's and the shaft comes with all of the new adapters and fittings as confirmed by JAMES of APCT.

Addvantages:

• one piece design
  • stronger shaft and fittings to match
  • but still flexes and therefore will transmits less shock loads to the gearbox and diff
  • approximatly half the weigth of the std. steel shafts, this lighter recipricating mass will provide better revibility and response (everyone, that has fitted one, swears by them)

cheers Phil.

post-3052-1207191259_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191288_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191300_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191336_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191419_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191440_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191472_thumb.jpgpost-3052-1207191526_thumb.jpg

Edited by GTR STI

• 2 weeks later...
Have other ppl on SAU used these brand prop shafts?

How much power do they run?

How long have they had them in?

What motorsport do they do?

Depending on answers - add me to the list.

There are many people running these shafts,

i cant quiet get the sepcs on it but i think the mines r34 uses acpt made shaft,

Trust/Hks and alot of big tuning shops in japan sell re branded acpt shafts,

Acpt supplied nismo for the r34 Ztune.

is that enough for you?

You can also find Justin Fox on the forum and ask him about the one he's using.

With a few more people this can be underway!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Angus Smart

Indy from IS Motor Racing fitted my one. When we fitted it up there was a situation where we weren't sure if it fit right or not. A quick email (with pics) to and fro between myself and ACPT and all was sorted (all we had to do was have faith and tighten up the main bolts all the way).

I can't tell if the shaft made any difference to the car as I got a whole lot of modifications done at the same time.

Some pictures:

acpt.jpg

acpt1.jpg

acpt2.jpg

acpt3.jpg

Greenline list a TRUST ACPT CARBON SHAFT, 7.4kg (normal 14.9kg) rated to 14000rpm and 350+km/hr, that looks like the one in Justins pics.

(edit; it looks like the one posted by GTR STI, with a sort of ribbed appearance and a resin type colour, whilst justins one looks black and doesnt appear ribbed. can anyone explain why they look different?)

If this is the same shaft as your group buy, then count me IN.

The best part is that greenline lists it at AUD $3750, or USD $3550, which makes the group buy seem extremely attractive.

Edited by SLY33

They are all acpt, i think that photo phil posted is a common one they send out as i have seen them on the uk forum also..

And a reminder, for an extra 100us you can get a shaft that will handle 2000ft pounds of torque compared to the 1400us 1000ft pounds..

As for payment, as soon as i can get 10 people confirmed i will start collecting money to get it off to james as acpt!

Cheers

Andrew