SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

Ok the new injectors,valve springs and engine mounts arrived.But it looks like i have wrong mounts :banana:

The ARP exhaust manifold bolts also arrived,and finally that completes all the ordering for the build.

Now its all the small things i have to the running around for.

Things like a universal mount for the Greddy oil catch can.

Getting the rocker covers painted.

Working out the lengths for all the braided lines.

I have to clean the engine bay :/ im trying to think of a way to clean it without removing all the lines and hoses.As its not that dirty im thinking of spraying the front clips and fire wall with some sort of cleaning solution,letting it sit for 2mins and hosing it all off.Then hopping in with a rag to get all the stubborn stuff.

What would you recommend? Quick detailer? Maybe something a bit harsher?

Ok the new injectors,valve springs and engine mounts arrived.But it looks like i have wrong mounts :banana:

The ARP exhaust manifold bolts also arrived,and finally that completes all the ordering for the build.

Now its all the small things i have to the running around for.

Things like a universal mount for the Greddy oil catch can.

Getting the rocker covers painted.

Working out the lengths for all the braided lines.

I have to clean the engine bay :/ im trying to think of a way to clean it without removing all the lines and hoses.As its not that dirty im thinking of spraying the front clips and fire wall with some sort of cleaning solution,letting it sit for 2mins and hosing it all off.Then hopping in with a rag to get all the stubborn stuff.

What would you recommend? Quick detailer? Maybe something a bit harsher?

gurny? :banana:

if you've got a compressor just hook up some hot water mixed with concentrated degreaser (which you can get from bunnings) into one of those spray can things you can get as an attachment. would probably be better for getting the grease off cause you can mix degreaser into it. thats what i do.

Once it's getting reassembled and you've worked out exact dollar signs it'll come together and you'll start to feel great :blink:

I'd love to do what you're doing, looks exciting and engrossing. You'll be having some serious fun when it's complete :)

Love the pics. Keep em coming.

Dont work out the exact dollars; it ruins the enjoyment!

OK all, today everything was delivered to Paul. Top bloke :P and was even lucky enough go for a blast in the GTR. Which was insane! Its not everyday you get to ride in a genuine 9 sec GTR :D

OK all, today everything was delivered to Paul. Top bloke :P and was even lucky enough go for a blast in the GTR. Which was insane! Its not everyday you get to ride in a genuine 9 sec GTR :D

BP98 with 6 deg total timing removed @ 15 psi and 1/2 throttle is not really the way to show off the car...

but...

im sure you got the idea how nuts it is to drive. :D

Edited by DiRTgarage

Just another small update.

When i bought the 3037 a few months back i noticed it had a 4 inch diameter inlet,and thought i would have to either put a 4inch step down to 3inch silicone joiner on the turbo or try and hide the joiner in a custom CAI with the AFM,as the AFM diameter is 3inch.Neither of them tickled my fancy so...

It just so happends, i managed to get my hands on a Haltech E11v2.

So my beloved Power FC and Z32 AFM are for sale.Look in the for sale section for the thread :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...