SAU Community

Vision/Hybrid in Artarmon

chunksmurray

i had there biggest intercooler ordered,and the guy that i dealt with was good.

asked him questions over the email and didnt even know the guy,got pictures ect...from him

i ordered the cooler and got it delivered to my work the next following day.

i would deal with him again ,no worries.

The only thing is,i didnt order the complete kit as i wanted to have a 3" stainless steel pipings ect,polished(got that done somewhere else,custom made)

Having a Hybrid kit fitted by Liverpool exhaust? that should say something when liverpool sells their own intercoolers if they are sourcing kits from Hybrid instead.

I have seen their kits *(hybrid) they dont vary... they are jigged and fit perfectly and are great value for money. Sounds to me like livo exhaust screwed up the fitting mate......theres more variables than simple the kit... a poor fitting job can make even a HKS/Greddy kit fit badly.

the fmic from hybrid was 600*300*75 and flows really good, no drama.

just that at liverpool exhaust they made the pipes for hybrid.

shouldn't complain, the guy who fitted it was pretty good as he has to adjust the pipes so it fits. just 3-4 gaps needed for engine flex but was wider than originally planned.

but that the last time i fit a gtr style fmic, 2 much cutting and trimming.

but was really effective, 163rwkw at CAS with 12psi, filter & exhaust though stall heaps from all the cold mornings we having in June. unichip fixed the problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recommend them. If you'r just buying something of them, maybe Ok, but I think their service to me was rude and unsatisfactory. I had my front bar repaired and repainted and a few other repairs done through them, and I found the workman ship to be very poor. Worst thing was they wouldn't admit it when I showed them.

This happened late last year.

Jim.

Guest | hype^ |

hmm very mixed results from both jim and nick..

how much are they charging for the fully installed cooler kit >??

and how do i get into contact with them..

site is down.. :P

But like i always say, everyone has different experiences with different workshops, its a pity but thats life.

I personally like having a jap tuning shop 10 mins from my place so its a convenience thing also.

:uh-huh:

Originally posted by Qik33R

I don't recommend them. If you'r just buying something of them, maybe Ok, but I think their service to me was rude and unsatisfactory. I had my front bar repaired and repainted and a few other repairs done through them, and I found the workman ship to be very poor. Worst thing was they wouldn't admit it when I showed them.

This happened late last year.

Jim.

Was that at Vision or Hybrid?

I just called Hybrid to book my car in for service & was very impressed by their customer service. They're really great guys at hybrid & they definately know their stuff.

But they're really busy at the moment so you may have to wait a while to get any work done.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a car off a guy that had all the work carried out by Hybrid in Sydney, BY BY knows the car. Just let me say i have spent probably 30 or so hours already fixing their dodgy workman ship and im not finished, they also came out and inspected the car when i was buying it from the guy and seen as though they worked on the car they knew jack about it. Heres a little snippet of just a few of the probs i have encountered: they snapped all the plasctic off the afm where they bolt up-so instead of either replacing them or sanding them down neat and round and clamping them they super glued the broke bit and zipped tied them on, or how about instead of clamps holding on my intercooler pipes there was zip ties, they also said they put trust silicone based fluid in for the brakes so i topped it up with a silicone based fluid which then reacted and corroded my brake lines cause in fact it wasnt trust silicone based fluid, or the fact the inlet pipe on the turbo is held on with clamps that have 6mm bolts that were stripped and werent doin anything and letting air in through a 1 inch gap stright onto the turbo wheels, or the fact its a single turbo now yet they left all the piping in for the second turbo instead of simply removing it, thats just the start believe it is just the start nothing major just dodgy little stuff that should have been done right the first time. Also a friend of mine has carried out flow bench tests on hybrid cores and they wont flow enough air for anything over 220kw at the wheels keep this in mind if your looking to do more down the track

yeah they suck i rekon. and i know of a couple of ppl that feel the same way. Same old, bad service, didnt return calls, bad workmanship, rooted a mates car up. ectectect