SAU Community

Turbo oil feed restrictor size, stock vs hybrid turbo

I had a turbo conversion done a while back on my R33 RB25DE and runs perfect but I've got blue smoking issues and believe my turbo seals have gone.

I've got braided lines and suspect the restrictor banjo bolt for the oil feed is wrong. I've now brought a rb25 hybrid turbo in good condition to replace mine but unsure what sized restrictor and bolts to use.

What size is the oil feed restrictor for the original turbo?

Also what sized restrictor would I need to use for the new hybrid turbo?

And am I correct in saying the coolant feeds and oil drain are unrestricted?

Thanks.

Edited by ossy

14 hours ago, ossy said:

I had a turbo conversion done a while back on my R33 RB25DE and runs perfect but I've got blue smoking issues and believe my turbo seals have gone.

I've got braided lines and suspect the restrictor banjo bolt for the oil feed is wrong. I've now brought a rb25 hybrid turbo in good condition to replace mine but unsure what sized restrictor and bolts to use.

What size is the oil feed restrictor for the original turbo?

Also what sized restrictor would I need to use for the new hybrid turbo?

And am I correct in saying the coolant feeds and oil drain are unrestricted?

Thanks.

"Hybrid turbo" isn't enough information for anyone to help you regarding its required oil supply volume/pressure. Best to speak to whoever you bought the "hybrid turbo" from and ask them what it requires. 

To answer your other questions - 

Your RB25DE didn't come with a turbo, so it didn't have an oil feed restrictor for the turbo that wasn't there. 

No one knows what size restrictor your "Hybrid turbo" requires. For all we know it's a journal bearing turbo and doesn't even need one at all.

Correct, coolant and oil drains do not have restrictors in them. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 11:05 AM, Murray_Calavera said:

"Hybrid turbo" isn't enough information for anyone to help you regarding its required oil supply volume/pressure. Best to speak to whoever you bought the "hybrid turbo" from and ask them what it requires. 

This. When I read the OP, I wasn't actually sure how to phrase this without degenerating into a rage about how there's no such thing as Stage 2 porting, etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1