SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

giant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather then something that has been bolted together in a backyard i would suggest they are a race derivative of the Exige from one of the European GT3 series. Here are some specs of one i have saved in my favourites :D

- Toyota 1.8 2ZZZ Charge-cooled and supercharged 320bhp

- Dry sump

- Hewland PCT 6 Speed Sequential Transmission (flat shift)

- Limited Slip Differential

- Switchable Traction Control

- 2007 Wide-body

- Quick Release Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Clams and Rear Wing

- Air Jack System

- Digital Dash

- 6-point FIA Approved Roll Cage

- Removeable Steering Wheel

- FIA and HANS Approved Recaro Seat and Race Harness

- Ohlins 4-Way TTX Dampers

- Aluminium Uprights

- AP Twin Master Cylinder System with Dial Bias Adjuster

- 6-Pot AP Front Brake Callipers

- Centre Nut Hubs

- Lotus Sport 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels (10 Inch Rear Wheels)

If i have guessed right then there shouldnt be any real surprise that the thing is as quick as it is

that would crazy fast to drive!!

george

we were thinking about it but probably not as we would have to change the exhaust for the sound issue so proably QR for us next for test.

Edited by giant

good article in the current issue of race magazine about the gt lotus. but I'm pretty sure these ones are not directly related.

the "production" bit of production sports cars is very different to the "production" bit of production cars. they are more like sports sedans rules.

Dont follow Duncan :D

The GT3 Exige went up against the Challenge 360, GT3RS etc, the factory hi-po cars. Just like the little GT3 Exige in the linked EC results. I saw the Peter Lucas car at the GT Round at Albert Park earlier this year. Unless he has two or converted engines (doubt it, these things are pretty rare to start with and i think an engine change will mean it is no longer eligible for GT Championship) i am pretty sure its an ex European GT3 Exige. Last time i looked at the Production Sports cars there was a handful of drivers and cars that were also doing the Australian GT Championship.

Rather then something that has been bolted together in a backyard i would suggest they are a race derivative of the Exige from one of the European GT3 series. Here are some specs of one i have saved in my favourites :P

- Toyota 1.8 2ZZZ Charge-cooled and supercharged 320bhp

- Dry sump

- Hewland PCT 6 Speed Sequential Transmission (flat shift)

- Limited Slip Differential

- Switchable Traction Control

- 2007 Wide-body

- Quick Release Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Clams and Rear Wing

- Air Jack System

- Digital Dash

etc etc etc

oh mama!!! now that would be fun :blink:

Awesome, awesome car!

Troy, is that Exige based on the same class rules as the yellow Exige in the GT championship here that Bargwanna drives? I was watching the Clipsal 500 round of the championship last night, and the Lotus was killing it! Nobody, apart from the F430 of Allan Simonsen were even close. Amazing car. :woot:

Dont follow Duncan :woot:

The GT3 Exige went up against the Challenge 360, GT3RS etc, the factory hi-po cars. Just like the little GT3 Exige in the linked EC results. I saw the Peter Lucas car at the GT Round at Albert Park earlier this year. Unless he has two or converted engines (doubt it, these things are pretty rare to start with and i think an engine change will mean it is no longer eligible for GT Championship) i am pretty sure its an ex European GT3 Exige. Last time i looked at the Production Sports cars there was a handful of drivers and cars that were also doing the Australian GT Championship.

Roy I am pretty sure it is a different car to what you have listed so he must have 2? As I know the ones you have listed is an Exige where he has clearly marked the entry form elisenot exige and with a 2L engine, and I know if I had one of those exige's I would not be labeling it an elise :)

I have had a few people ask me about a timetable, so that they know when to turn up and watch. My response has been that a timetable would be pretty useless in this style of event. Cars split into sessions, sessions that may or may not be delayed due to offs, recoveries and track clean up. Then in the afternoon two, one car at a time, flying lap shoot outs for 5 cars. Personally I think the earlier sessions will be more interesting for specators with multiple cars on the track at the same time. For people who can't be there all day that's what I have suggested, what do others think?

Cheers

Gary

Roy I am pretty sure it is a different car to what you have listed so he must have 2? As I know the ones you have listed is an Exige where he has clearly marked the entry form elisenot exige and with a 2L engine, and I know if I had one of those exige's I would not be labeling it an elise :D

Cool, you are most likely right. LOL, but this is motorsport so i woudl be calling it an Elise as well, just to lower expectations :)

Like they say, speak to a driver of a 300kw track car and he will tell you it only has 250kws. Speak to the driver of a 300kw street car and he will tell you it makes 350kws :P

Guys,

I have just been speaking with one of the Open Class entants and he has booked the GP circuit on the 2nd of July. He has informed me that he is going to let about 20 people come and get on the track and it will be around $225 but you will have to let me know if you are keen so I can forward you onto him so if you want to go to get some laps in the week before the event you better get in quick.

Edited by Superlap Australia

Guys,

I have just been speaking with one of the Open Class entants and he has booked the GP circuit on the 2nd of July. He has informed me that he is going to let about 20 people come and get on the track and it will be around $225 but you will have to let me know if you are keen so I can forward you onto him so if you want to go to get some laps in the week before the event you better get in quick.

FLop this is golden opportunity, better put me down for the remaining 19 places.

george

we were thinking about it but probably not as we would have to change the exhaust for the sound issue so proably QR for us next for test.

totally understand i"m busy this week trying to fit 2 or maybe 3 mufflers to my car well maybe 4 to achieve 100 dba.

totally understand i"m busy this week trying to fit 2 or maybe 3 mufflers to my car well maybe 4 to achieve 100 dba.

If i cant shut mine up i dont think you have a snowballs chance in hell george. :O

like they say, speak to a driver of a 300kw track car and he will tell you it only has 250kws. Speak to the driver of a 300kw street car and he will tell you it makes 350kws :ermm:

lol that is so damn true! don't forget, a street car is still standard even with 30k spent on engine and suspension

If i cant shut mine up i dont think you have a snowballs chance in hell george. :ermm:

Noel old boy if these bigarse muffs dont work than its a long broomstick and lots of steelwool ???? yep bobs idea.

For the experienced guys - does OP GP slow down in the afternoons like wakie does?

Should we expect the track to be quicker in the morning? (weather considering of course!!)