SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

giant

absolutely sure!! (ahh correction s2000 engine ) :D

also still give a thousand bucks if you fit the engine above to a gtr and it goes out a the circuit and beats and RB powered gtr , becuase it would be well worth seeing!!!!!!!!

Well Stephan Papadakis is no longer driving the 6 second Civic so ...

Trade the R32 GT-R for the AEM Civic ...

Transplant engine into R35 ...

VOILA !

:P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peddler this no doubt going to be a contender. As long as it gets the power down, as it will need some flared guards and decent rubber and suspension and brakes etc, and you know.

Dont worry John, thats why things are taking a little longer than expected becuase we want to make sure that it turns and stops the way we want it to as well as importantly put the power down

DAMN YOU LIGHT WEIGHT SONS OF BIT#$ES!! Damn you to hell :P

Actually will be really cool to see some of these cars in action!! can't wait

hehe I remember someone saying that to me a few years ago when i told them of this project.

On the flip side i wonder how the lotus would go with RB power?

Would the extra weight of the iron block rb be too much for the lightweight to carry.

The engines run east-west in the Exige ...

And you probably should stop giving those boys anymore bad ideas ... they are already quick enough as it is :P

The engines run east-west in the Exige ...

And you probably should stop giving those boys anymore bad ideas ... they are already quick enough as it is :D

The power of suggestion James. :cool:

Hey Russ just get that R34 down to around the 11-1200kg mark and shouldnt be a drama knocking of those pesky lightweights as we all know deep down (even Jamie) RB power without the weight handycap will rule supreme.

On the flip side i wonder how the lotus would go with RB power?

Would the extra weight of the iron block rb be too much for the lightweight to carry.

Why would you put such a heavy PoS in a Lotus? I've thought of putting a worked fwd SR20 in an Elise but I don't know if it would be better than a Honda K20A.

What about an Elise with a Viper V10:

post-5234-1216639934_thumb.jpg

DAMN YOU LIGHT WEIGHT SONS OF BIT#$ES!! Damn you to hell :D

Actually will be really cool to see some of these cars in action!! can't wait

don't worry mate, my car won't be troubling you front runners at all! just doesn't have the development in suspension and steering to really cut it. and 230rwkw probably isn't quite enough for about 900kg of car either. nor is the 4 turns lock to lock steering really up to those 230rwkw in such a short wheelbase with leaf springs trying to put that power down!

Superlap at Oran Park really got me motivated about this car again. Its just been sitting around un-used since the Australian Hillclimb Championships last november until now.

Superlap at Oran Park really got me motivated about this car again. Its just been sitting around un-used since the Australian Hillclimb Championships last november until now.

Thats awsome Harry... get rid of that Supra and put your time into the 1200!!!

Why would you put such a heavy PoS in a Lotus? I've thought of putting a worked fwd SR20 in an Elise but I don't know if it would be better than a Honda K20A.

What about an Elise with a Viper V10:

1 out of 2 aint bad i guess. The rb may be heavy but a pos it most certainly isnt.That such high horsepower can be extracted reasonably reliably from as little as 2 and a half litres is quite stunning really.

Now Lotus on the other hand needs their arse rheaming for using such a slow pos engine in the first place.

Hey Russ just get that R34 down to around the 11-1200kg mark and shouldnt be a drama knocking of those pesky lightweights as we all know deep down (even Jamie) RB power without the weight handycap will rule supreme.

I'm just saying all this because I've converted to the dark side Daz :P

And it's to get over the psychological trauma incurred when I sold the Land barge :D

PS. Tell Annie to pull her finger out and get back on track :action-smiley-069:

Hey Russ you are famous again, check this link and website about Superlap. Lots about the R35 GTR, and this is a zed owner and Z fans web site.

SUPERLAP

Edited by Boosted Zed

I LOVE 1200 Coupes!

And only because I am wierd, i have often considered how long a 20B and weight of a 20B vs a Nissan 4? A 20B with relatively small GT series turbo would be a torquey and capable engine in a little coupe :)

Its not wierd, I fantasise about that sort of stuff too, regularly, a 20B 1200 coupe would be awesome Troy, however they do pretty fine with the 'small block' 13B in them as well :rofl:

Good to know there is a few 1200 coupe fans here, unfortunately mine is only built for straight lines!!

hey guys, what is considered to be a good power to weight ratio? i am looking at the 900-1000kg and 350kw, i know that handling plays the larger part but is this in the ballpark?

If you can put together a 900kg car with double wishbones all around you will have a very strong potential. both the front running gtrs would be 300+kg heavier.

And if you mean 350rwkw then potential will put it in the top 5 of this field I think.

shit, just need someone who can drive lol.

this is my light weight powerplant. hopefully can provide the goods. i know its missing a few cams, but its got a few extra cylinders.

If you can put together a 900kg car with double wishbones all around you will have a very strong potential. both the front running gtrs would be 300+kg heavier.

And if you mean 350rwkw then potential will put it in the top 5 of this field I think.

post-20078-1216725807_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1216725819_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1216725831_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1216725845_thumb.jpg

Edited by BezerkR32