SAU Community

Results From Our T88 Setup!

600hp

Hey guys for those that may want to know.

We made 360awkw on 15 psi, and on 22 psi we made 450awkw.

I was told to bring the car back in a couple of weeks with some new fuel in it.

Then Jim will add some more boost and play with the cam timing as it was reset to zero.

Also I'll stick the 4"exhuast on and see what it makes.

The street exhaust is a 3"cat back.

The power curve is much bigger now and the rev limiter has also been upped to 9k.

Sorry no graph as i didn't bother printing one out as the car will be back there in a couple of weeks.

Also for the people who don't know the T88-33d has a smaller inducer than the T04Z (they are both rated at 750hp)

Jim also added the car should make over 500kw when tuned with more boost and the exhuast is fitted.

Cheers

Interesting indeed.

I had no idea there was a T88 with such a small inducer. Thats very decent power with 260/9.15's. Would be nuts.

Where are you going to get Jim to move the cam timing / power?

Hey guys for those that may want to know.

We made 360awkw on 15 psi, and on 22 psi we made 450awkw.

I was told to bring the car back in a couple of weeks with some new fuel in it.

Then Jim will add some more boost and play with the cam timing as it was reset to zero.

Also I'll stick the 4"exhuast on and see what it makes.

The street exhaust is a 3"cat back.

The power curve is much bigger now and the rev limiter has also been upped to 9k.

Sorry no graph as i didn't bother printing one out as the car will be back there in a couple of weeks.

Also for the people who don't know the T88-33d has a smaller inducer than the T04Z (they are both rated at 750hp)

Jim also added the car should make over 500kw when tuned with more boost and the exhuast is fitted.

Cheers

get jim to overlay our 460kw 20psi run-in graph (BP98) prior to Autosalon Newcastle then post up

response comparison would be interesting

looking good Ben

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting indeed.

I had no idea there was a T88 with such a small inducer. Thats very decent power with 260/9.15's. Would be nuts.

I was concerned that my poncams 260 would be restrictive at that power level. Im running a t0z (1.0 a/r) and hopefully 2bar to reach goal of 650hp atw. Should be back from machine shop next week so not to long to wait and see.

Interesting indeed.

I was concerned that my poncams 260 would be restrictive at that power level. Im running a t0z (1.0 a/r) and hopefully 2bar to reach goal of 650hp atw. Should be back from machine shop next week so not to long to wait and see.

Edited by drgnball34

I know of a certain stock capacity 26 on here that made almost 800rwhp with 260's....

"restrictive" is a relative term.

I agree...a stock rb26 head is capable of flowing almost 1000hp...yes stock cams, valve gear etc.

this lines up well with your example