SAU Community

V-series For Sale Section?

What happened to the V-series for sale section that funkymonkey promised us?

i tried sending him a PM with no response, so hopefully he will respond to this..

it is a great idea as parts from cars like V35, M35, Z33, etc are not compatible with the R32/33/34 cars and it would be much easier to have a separate section to be able to sell items rather than having to go through 500 threads from the for sale section to be lucky to find 1 with parts that fit your car

the other alternative is to let us have free reign with selling within the V35 section

feel free to discuss everyone!

cheers,

Warren

I agree, I think the issue is it would be another forum for someone to moderate and then all the other subforums would want one too.

Failing that, fall back to my original suggestion - start every v35 for sale thread the same way and then we have a sticky up the top of the v35 forum that runs a query that displays all the v35 items for sale. That's not hard, easily implemented and no extra moderation needed.

well funkymonkey in the other thread said he was happy to impliment the forum and said he would be doing it, but it never happened

i agree on the moderating thing, but if its the same person who moderates this section then there shouldn't be any issues.

it wouldn't have a huge number of things for sale anyway..

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but now that there are more V35s getting around this would be a good idea.

section for 'buying a v35 tips', engine, suspension/wheels/brakes, exterior, interior would be good too. I have noticed that there are many many threads all asking the same thing. a bit of organization would clean this up and make it faster to find and post info.

The whole SAU For Sale "methodology" is currently in review. And as such i'm pretty sure we won't be adding any new for sale sections at this stage.

To be honest a simple search on V35 in the for sale section quickly weeds out any non V35 adds. You guys have it easy! Try searching on R32, or GTR or both and see how many non related adds you get.

I'm happy for, for sale adds to keep coming in this section for now, but if they start overrunning the forum, we will need to stop it and have them in the for sale section only.

Jon, your point around many threads about the same thing, I would completely agree with. Unfortunately no matter how many times you ask people to search before posting, for some reason everyone seems to think they're the first person with a specific issue and so start a new thread.

This is not unique to the V35 section, but common to pretty much all forums everywhere.

There is a thread in the "sticky's" that Chris Rogers has gone to a lot of effort to put together, yet people still start new threads asking about the same things.

Cheers

Bobby

your point around many threads about the same thing, I would completely agree with. Unfortunately no matter how many times you ask people to search before posting, for some reason everyone seems to think they're the first person with a specific issue and so start a new thread.

/me starts thread

Hey do you reckon we could get a V35 for sale section?

j/k :)