SAU Community

Hydrogen Injection...hho

Hey guys,

My father in law put me onto this, Now he is currently building one of these for his VS commodore and Nissan Pulsar both N/A applications.

Have you guys that have some knowledge about the WATER4GAS subject have any thoughts on using it in a turbo application?

For those of you that dont know about this.. check out the link...

http://www.drivewithwaterfuel.com/?hop=muscleblog

(I know there are alot of scammers out there with their NEW LOW SUPER PRICES as the above website preaches, but its just to give you basic info on the system, thats all)

I thought, Would putting one of these systems onto a Turbo application benefit performance wise by allowing the user to either up boost levels/timing as there will be less chance of detnation occuring..?

Has anyone out there had any experiances/info/help on this matter?

Cheers,

f**k me, if your father in law believes that I dare say you married a lemon :D

It's a fundementally flawed idea. The process of seperating hydrogen and oxygen from water isn't 100% efficient. To top it off.... where do you think the electrolyser gets its electricity from... the alternator! Also not 100% efficient.

Basically your taking power away from the engine, wasting half of it and then trying to put it back in again. Alternators are only around a kilowatt anyway, a kilowatt electrolyser won't even run a lawnmower.

Spend the money on weed instead

I think they have been looking for an idea like this that works for 100's of years.....................

What's it called again???????????????

That's right a Perpetual Motion Machine. lol

You guy's are going to be Billionaires if you get it to work.... Good Luck with it, just remember to spend every dollar you own on it, because it'll be worth it once it runs.

I like how it says it won't void your warranty as it's 100% reversible... lol

I personally wouldn't put it in my car.

Try searching for "water injection" for a better alternative (power gains moreso than fuel efficiency)

there are some commercial/industrial units available last i checked.

i believe a taiwanese company has a number of applications. i have no idea how expensive or effective their units are but they seem to exist.

click the link if you want to do some reading Epoch

Edited by wolverine

I believe it.

Search youtoob for Stan Myers.

You will shit yourself. He got killed.

I woulnt make one. Not unless you want to die too.

haha, will do.

Done a bit more research into this, seems as tho this sort of idea is void.

CHEERS GUYS

guys

If your wondering why the USA is soo interested in killing people for making HHO cars have a look at this 8 part series on youtube, it also explains why we pay soo much for petrol...

and the fact that the USA have more fuel then the whole middle east put together kinda makes you think....

Part 1

Part2

Part3

Part4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part8

I have been looking into this for a few months now and has sound basis, with some challenges though. Honda and BMW have hydrogen powered cars now.

The point made about engergy in v energy out is a good point, although there was a guy called Stan Meyer who worked with this technology on cars for over twenty years and claims to have found that oscillating a certain frequency he made large amounts of hho gas, with minimal current input and thus also very low heat. If true it is the answer needed.

It is claimed that hho runs much cooler, can run much leaner, cleaner and much more effecient as a fuel compared to fossile fuel and higher octane.

I'll cut and paste for those who don;t want to click;

The water fuel cell is a device invented by American Stanley Meyer, which he claimed could convert water into its component elements, hydrogen and oxygen, using less energy than can be obtained by the subsequent combustion of those elements, a process that results the reconstitution of the water molecules. Thus, if the device operated as claimed, the combustion cycle would start and end in the same state while extracting usable energy, thereby violating the first law of thermodynamics and allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine. Meyer's claims about the Water Fuel Cell and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[1]

Similar devices have been promoted by others (see Water-fuelled car): there is no evidence that any of these devices operate as claimed.

I'll cut and paste for those who don;t want to click;

...but does it produce some hydrogen with wasted energy from your car.

i don't think anyone here would be using this as a perpetual motion machine.

if you are able to convert your wasted energy into a form that you can readily re-use ie something combustible then perhaps there is some merit.

the quote that "there is no evidence that they operate as claimed" is clever wording. this type of statement is dismissive. there is some evidence that they work as claimed. hydrogen is produced. whether it is efficient or worthwhile that is another matter.

you need at least 8 litres per minute of HHO to power a car.

A water for gas system would be lucky to make 1 litre per min.

That kind of cell would be very very hard to make unles you copy stan myers designs. He was the god when it came to HHO powered cars.

Hi Anthony.

Some guys on the ford forums here in Australia who I have been speaking with have made kits that work on their cars, and getting substantial fuel economy improvements. Maybe they are making it all up.

You only need 2 or 3 litres a minute but depends on engine size.

Ford Forum HHO topic

• 8 months later...

Seems like most of the dissenters havent read much about the proposed idea. Nearly all of the systems ive seen are about using hydrogen as a suppliment to petrol. Hydrogen alone is a big can of worms for implementation on a petrol motor but as a combustion aid its a different story. Hydrogen improves combustion of most fuels, reduces emissions through more complete burning etc etc. Have a closer look.

Also look at info about hydrogen cutting torches (which are available commercially) and the unusual properties of hho gas when applied to various substances. One of the major plasma manufacturers reportedly uses hydro cutting to cut their glass fro plasma screens.

Again hydrogen does more to make other things burn rather than being a fuel in itself. Main problem I see with using it on an engine managed and turbo motor is knowing how much to trick computer in regards to the extra oxygen released in the process.

Easy to intercept the mixture signal and transpose it but to what extent. Would like to experiment with it but not on my turbo car! Any volunteers ha ha