SAU Community

Petrol Price Has Gone Through The Roof!

gazal

Drove pass a petrol station on center road and it was $1.54/L. I remember the days that petrol was only 50c. Guess we will never see that again...

Edited by gazal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea same here on hallam belgrave rd, mobile 1.54.9 sucks and heard on radio that there is no shortage on crude oil i think the petrol watch dog said that

Edited by BRUNSKIGTST

yeah. oil is nearly 120 a barrel! fuel will be high for a while. hedge your costs and throw some cash at oil search and woodside

the price differential of well positioned petrol stations to unfavourable ones is sometimes quite big too. tuesday is the day

2007_norco_nitro_niner_01.jpg

bah should have a post up of for everyone which people see the cheapest petrol price for all areas so we all can get a cheap price which everyone can get to which would be closer to them, i rkn post up the cheapest u seen pplz and where the station is at.

Been paying $1.50+ for Ultimate for months... I drive a performance car, I dont winge about petrol prices.

But the 50%+ government exise(spelling, lol) + gst is always a good reason to hate the government of the day.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe we should post a "cheap petrol spotted thread". Anyway lucky our $$ is high against the US market

bah should have a post up of for everyone which people see the cheapest petrol price for all areas so we all can get a cheap price which everyone can get to which would be closer to them, i rkn post up the cheapest u seen pplz and where the station is at.
Edited by gazal

meh! i noticed the prices skyrocket just after i picked up my GTR!!!

ah well thats the price we pay for the performance we crave.

i usually try not to look at the prices, i just put fuel in the car when its getting low and thats about it.

Maybe the government shouldn't be taxing us about 51 cents for the petrol. If they lower it down to 20 cents of something, it'll be much better for motorists.

You can't blame the government, tax's haven’t risen as far as I'm aware.

Think about it this way. Oil supply has reached its estimated peak demand. What that means is as new hybrid/electric/hydrogen/bio fuels become more popular and more car manufactures start using it the less oil we'll require for motor vehicles. Sure we’ll still need it for plastic manufacturing, asphalt etc but the fuel companies realise we won’t need them so much and they are trying to squeeze EVERY last cent out of us while they can, it’s as simple as that, don’t let that supply/demands bull shit fool you.

thats why you keep GTRs and GTSTs as weekend cars.Buy a corolla or an economy car as a monday to friday car..put less ks on the skylines and flog the 4 banger runabout

Tax on petrol/oil whatever, isnt a set price its a % so of course the amount that the govt takes goes up... but it also goes down when petrol goes down etc. The % rate is rediculously high compared to other developed countries... but why would the govt cut one of their bigger cash cows?

Not sure why but petrol is a fair bit cheaper out here in geelong. Took the train to melbourne yesterday, it was 142 here yesterday and as you said 154ish in melbourne. Geelong wins. On a side note im paying about half the rent i did in melbourne last year for a place 3 times as big. Come join the partay.

well according to shell's own website, petrol at 154.8, the service station is making 16.8c/litre. further the TGP price is $1.38 for ULP. premium is 5c more than ULP. so why do the retailers charge us 10c more for 98 :)

and i thought US and AUS invaded Iraq to make the petrol prices cheaper.... its gone from under a $1/litre to now $1.548/litre. well atleast we are still lot cheaper then UK and Europe prices.

well according to shell's own website, petrol at 154.8, the service station is making 16.8c/litre. further the TGP price is $1.38 for ULP. premium is 5c more than ULP. so why do the retailers charge us 10c more for 98 :)

and i thought US and AUS invaded Iraq to make the petrol prices cheaper.... its gone from under a $1/litre to now $1.548/litre. well atleast we are still lot cheaper then UK and Europe prices.

Our oil doesnt come from Iraq, most of it comes from the US and Mexico... then arabia i believe and yes... UK/EU prices are WAY worse then ours, hence so many Deisel cars