SAU Community

Broken Into

J_Red33

Not the best of starts to the weekend. Got a call at work today to say my car had been broken into. Went out to the car park to find that my drivers window had been smashed & then looked closer to find the covers on my steering column, lower dash panel & kick panel had been ripped off & wires were dangling everywhere. Drivers door trim had been damaged & I later noticed that the controller for my monitoring interface has been ripped out too, only thing that they stole in the car. Not that they didn't look in the boot for stuff too.

Rang the cops etc. & even though there was a witness & a glove left behind in the car (plus some foot prints on the bonnet from them jumping the fence) they weren't going to bother even turning up to the scene. Apparently this happens too often now for them to bother.

What chance to we have when the law is next to useless I ask? Penalties for these assholes just are not great enough, I'm now looking at at least $1500 in damages, but it's probably not going to be worth claiming on insurance.

I will say this much though. Car theives, look out, because if I'm the bastard that catches you I WILL make it the worst day of your life, regardless of if it's my car or not. If the cops aren't going to start doing anything about theft I damn well will. I'm so furious right now.

Edited by J_Red33

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah crap Jared that sucks! So they ripped out your Blitz? Damn you must be heartbroken.

Did your alarm go off? Whenever my warning pager goes off in my pocket to say someone is within 3 feet of my car I run to it in the hope of catching one of the bastards - and yes I also will make sure they don't leave the scene walking when I catch one.

I got that chance when i caught someone braking into my truck for the second time and the police not been able or wanting to do any thing the first time one wasn't going done that track again i just knock him out for 15mins from one punch after he turned to face me, 7 years of kick boxing finaly can in handy :down:

sorry to hear this bro...

i own a red 33 as well, so this really makes me shiver...

as for the cops... WAT THE F$%K ARE WE PAYING TAXES TO KEEP THEM ALIVE FOR?

when your car's stolen or broken into, they are like meh whatever. but when you do a burnout or your car is 1mm too low, trust your neighbourhood cop to defect you!!

thats my rant...

Not the best of starts to the weekend. Got a call at work today to say my car had been broken into. Went out to the car park to find that my drivers window had been smashed & then looked closer to find the covers on my steering column, lower dash panel & kick panel had been ripped off & wires were dangling everywhere. Drivers door trim had been damaged & I later noticed that the controller for my monitoring interface has been ripped out too, only thing that they stole in the car. Not that they didn't look in the boot for stuff too.

Rang the cops etc. & even though there was a witness & a glove left behind in the car (plus some foot prints on the bonnet from them jumping the fence) they weren't going to bother even turning up to the scene. Apparently this happens too often now for them to bother.

What chance to we have when the law is next to useless I ask? Penalties for these assholes just are not great enough, I'm now looking at at least $1500 in damages, but it's probably not going to be worth claiming on insurance.

I will say this much though. Car theives, look out, because if I'm the bastard that catches you I WILL make it the worst day of your life, regardless of if it's my car or not. If the cops aren't going to start doing anything about theft I damn well will. I'm so furious right now.

Main thing i think we all need to do is say "i dont accept that u think this is ok, its not ok for me that someone broke into my car". Make a big deal and get angry to much pettie theft goes on which leads to more and more.

I have lost 14 dvd's in one week in my video store braking open cases, i have cctv footage of him actually taking it but after they caught up with him same day he stole they found he had nothing on him and let him go. So ive been told i need to go to cop shop and file another 2 hr report and they will build a case balh blah f*kin blah

People will only take this for so long!!!!!

sorry to hear dude

damn that sucks dude....

the cops are honestly lazy pricks....if it doesnt involve them getting $$$ they dont show up....

my scenario, i caught a guy with a screwdriver breaking the lock off my old car, a ma70 supra.

so a fight broke out.... (martial arts comes in handy :) )

when he was down and out i rang the cops, when they arrived they saw him on the ground, screwdriver in hand, and my door lock hanging off, but they still charged me with assault, and said that it wasnt in self defence...

i had to pay 1600 in medical expenses, got good behaviour period, while the car theif got nothing at all....

sometimes even takin matters into ur own hands backfires...

the justice system is f!@#d

gangs walk the streets, graffiting, smashin up cars, stealing cars, assualting people, and the cops dont react at all...

but if a car owner burns some rubber on a private road, or goes 5km's over the limit, then they get off their ass...

i got pulled over and fined coz a p plate had fallen off the back window and onto the parcelshelf, but was still visible from behind...

(which is abiding by the law)

while i was gettin written up a car screams past me and the cop going WAY above the speed limit, and the cop didnt even flinch...

laziness....

take matters into ur own hands.... :down:

Edited by NFSR33

Wow Jared I'm so sorry! Having just recently happen to me and just getting it back from the repairers yesterday fixing the assholes damage it's still raw with me too! I'd love to catch them and smack the shit out of them but as Chase said above, it's not worth it, the scum are more protected by rights than we are

Sorry to hear of your news that really sucks!! Love the fact mines hidden behind roller door all the time :D

NOW for the but bit......Ring up and complain!! If you don't get any satisfaction go see your local member of parliment, if they want your vote at the next election they'll do something about it!! WE pay they're wages (just don't tell them that haha) and they're a public servant! We are the PUBLIC!!!! And they are our servants! (wishful thinkin??)

Always sucks to hear about this kind of stuff, unfortunaately the scum of the earth (and im from the northern suburbs, scum headquarters) are now consistantly getting away with this shit over and over again.

But on the bright side, at least your car isnt a black crispy smouldering mess!

1) sorry to hear of your misfortune man

2) if it was stolen at least they might of done something about it and insurance would cover most of it

bloody hell man that sucks, at least it wasnt actually stolen and thrashed or even burnt out.

damn cops dont wanna do anything these days except defect us!!!

Always sucks to hear about this kind of stuff, unfortunaately the scum of the earth (and im from the northern suburbs, scum headquarters) are now consistantly getting away with this shit over and over again.

But on the bright side, at least your car isnt a black crispy smouldering mess!

Sorry to hear about your car dude! :D

Yeah, I say give them 'the treatment' when/if you catch them. I know a few cops are they're decent people, but a majority of them are wankers. There for the badge and the easy jobs, easy money.

And I fully support protecting your property no matter what it takes. Who cares what the cops say: if I'm breaking into your car, will you call your colleagues, or do something yourself copper? Nuff said. Protect your property. I've trained most of my life and I've trained and competed overseas too, so I know a thing or two about ending the matter quickly and painfully for the thief. I pity the fool. :D

sorry to hear,

but that is absolute crap they didnt want to do anything, but as shane said go talk to your local MP. If some scum broke into my car I would get justice no matter.

I wish I was big enough to smack down a thief :D

Sorry to hear about your car dude! :P

Yeah, I say give them 'the treatment' when/if you catch them. I know a few cops are they're decent people, but a majority of them are wankers. There for the badge and the easy jobs, easy money.

And I fully support protecting your property no matter what it takes. Who cares what the cops say: if I'm breaking into your car, will you call your colleagues, or do something yourself copper? Nuff said. Protect your property. I've trained most of my life and I've trained and competed overseas too, so I know a thing or two about ending the matter quickly and painfully for the thief. I pity the fool. :down:

Are you for real mate? You've obviously got no idea what's involved in the job if you think that.

heya bud i have a skyline out the back let me know what you need, ill look after ya

Appreciate the offer mate, I've managed to score some other wheels to get by on until I get it fixed so I'm all good there.

As far as security goes, my alarm system just hasn't cut the mustard by the looks of it as it was completely dead when I got to the car, so they managed to kill the siren pretty easy. I think I'm going to seriously up the stakes as far as the security goes on it now. May even consider satellite tracking. I'm also seriously thinking I may buy another car to communte to work in (something like maybe an R31) & keep the 33 at home.

Our security chief at work was very surprised the cops didn't turn up as they had been there before for previous break-ins. The system just seems to be getting worse. Personaly as far as I'm concerned if someone is being disrespectful or trying to steal your property you should be allowed to do whatever the hell it takes to stop them, & if that means killing the assholes then so be it. People who try to gain out of life by taking things away from others who work hard for what they get are scum & we'd be better off without them.