SAU Community

get your car featured

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 31 fill the criteria

diffrent to cars in the mag ( yup lots of scratches porry looked after)

interesting things (its got mags)

do people want to read about (tough one but i say if you put it in the mag *** em they will have to read about it)

but anyways yea get some track day coverages

pete

Originally posted by benhpi

We're happy to feature import R31s in HPI and the local cars can go in our sister mag Zoom if they are something special.

mmm.... awesome!

we've got some HOT ones over at R31skylineclub.com

Even hot Oz imports... RB26's etc etc.

there are some bangers that's for sure.

PM sent

Originally posted by Bl4cK32

How bout comin to Adelaide for the next drift meet? Apparently they've got all places filled, and it isn't on until next month.. They were even talkin bout buildin a specialized drift track.

We will be covering that event and entering our own drift car. Actually we have been involved in the design of the new track...

Originally posted by 33Spec2

yeah perth is having a drift day aswell organized by gtrken might b something worth looking at

Any more info on that one? I'll send our Perth photographer along

Russ as its only a training sess they may not be interested *shrugs* .... unfortunately perth lacks places to legally drift.

But Perth Auto Salon is coming up in October ...... quite a few cars are getting prepared for that at the moment .... ranging from R31 old schoolers to R34's.

As for my cars ..... if u need to borrow a Z31 turbo in good condition (yes there is such a thing :P ) u know where i am ..... Nizmo my R33 looks mean from the outside but otherwise inside n engine are stock ;)

Keep up the good work with the mag ;)

Lauren

Originally posted by Duncan

A great article would be on one of our trackday outings at Eastern Creek, we've been getting 10-20 cars a regular basis, from stock to monsters.

That would be a top idea for an article seen everything from a R34 GTR Nur to an R31 on these track days.

A frined of mine has a KE55 corolla coupe he has built to 95% the same spec as a JDM TE37 levin, including JDM tailights, bumpers, Black racing (rs-watanabe style) rims, interior, and a 2T-G with dual mikunis and a T-50 box. Its currently off the road with some drift damage being repaired and a 1.8 litre high comp bottom end and 256 cams going in, as well as front coilovers and some rear end mods. All it needs is the levin grill/lights. When I say same spec as a TE37, I really mean the same spec a young hashirya would have built his te37 to in the late 70's..

http://www.tassie.net.au/jar

those pics are old though.

Theres also a guy here with a KE10 corolla coupe running a 4AGE 20V (might have a 7afe bottom end IIRC), which is also done up in a retro japanese street racer style (e.g japanese rego plates, old school wheels) .

I guess they aren't *totally* imports, but in both those cases there is really no "australian content" componentry left.

retro feature...

cheers,

floody

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by benhpi

Already photographed it :D  

Thanks for the tip though

what issue will it be featured in?